Las Palmas Gran Canaria

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been yet - we go in April, but these are things that have been suggested to me:

-Caldera de Bandama (bowl shaped crater with views)

-Casa de Colon (history museum of Christopher Columbus)

-Museo Elder de la Ciencia y Tecnologia

-AquaSur WaterPark

-Holiday World Amusement Park

-Crocodrilo Park

-Beach

Depends one what you are after. Have fun planning!

The district of Triana, together with La Vegueta one of the oldest districts of the city, has turned into Las Palmas’ main commercial centre – especially since the Calle Mayor, Triana’s main street, became a pedestrian zone – with a multitude of shops, ranging from tiny old-fashioned shops to big chain and department stores and upmarket boutiques. This street is very nice place to walk, shop or window shop.

Its an ideal place to spend a day:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the tips!

What's the culture/dress code of Las Palmas? Should we follow the European model and prepare to dress a bit better than your average American ship rat? I know that's strongly suggested for Mediterranean tourists (real shoes, etc.).

I know it can't hurt, I'm just curious if it's expected.

Hi

If your interested in the city and shopping, Las Palmas has a Hop-on, hop-off bus for €15.

Details can be found in http://www.isango.com/spain-tours/gran-canaria-tours/hop-on-hop-off-tour-of-las-palmas_6188

Or if you are interested in a island tour, you could join us

I have booked a bus for a tour of Grand canaria. The tour will be for 4 hours and include Arucus, Crater of Bandama and Teror, followed by a walking tour around the 500 year old historic quarter. I hope to get the cost down to €30 per person.

So if you think of joining us, please reply via the Jade roll call for the Feb 28th Cruise thread, or email me at heatheroldham@blueyonder.co.uk.

Archived