Tipping twice at specialty restaurants ?

MTJSR

I'm interested enough to find out more, but I really don't see myself tipping extra. I worked in restaurants for years so I'm familiar with the service industry. I just know if I'm already tipping 10 bucks per person per day and then paying an upcharge of $10-$20 per person for a better dinner/service, I really don't see myself forking over extra money on top of that. Nice to see there are generous people around. I'm sure by bar tab will help out the tip pool but I'm probably good with the standard grat included (but anything is possible if I'm truly wowed).

I'm interested enough to find out more, but I really don't see myself tipping extra. I worked in restaurants for years so I'm familiar with the service industry. I just know if I'm already tipping 10 bucks per person per day and then paying an upcharge of $10-$20 per person for a better dinner/service, I really don't see myself forking over extra money on top of that. Nice to see there are generous people around. I'm sure by bar tab will help out the tip pool but I'm probably good with the standard grat included (but anything is possible if I'm truly wowed).

Perhaps you can explain to me (since you worked in the service industry) why if I order a $50 bottle of wine I am to tip $7.50 (15%), or a $100 bottle is $15.00 (15%). How much more effort is there in serving either bottle? This is a puzzler for me.

As far as extra tipping in specialty restaurants, as others have said, it depends on the service and how the waitperson has interacted in making it

a pleasureable experience. Tip for me would be 10$ - $20 total.

As far as extra tipping in specialty restaurants, as others have said, it depends on the service and how the waitperson has interacted in making it

a pleasureable experience. Tip for me would be 10$ - $20 total.

So If you go to the Crown Grill, you pre tipped 25 dollars and afterwords gave another 10 to 20 dollars, I will gladly be your waiter anytime:D

Just watched a "Cruising Do's and Dont's" show on the travel channel. They said, the additional fee for the specialty restaurants covers the gratuity. Do they now anticipate that we will tip on top of the tip??

I don't believe "they" expect anything.

I tip at the specialty restaurants. Why? Because the food is delicious, the preparation is dazzling, the presentation beautiful and the wait staff very accomodating. I know that a comparable meal ashore would cost me double or triple what I've paid.

I tip because I wish to tip...not because "they" expect it.....

When we ate at Sabatini's on the Diamond in Jan. '08 there was no space on the bill for a tip. When we tried to tip the server he refused it.

Just got off the CB 2 days ago, it was wonderful! We ate at The Crown Grill and there wasn't a place for a tip on the bill, so we didn't add anything. But I must say the service was NOT great, it was much better in anytime dining. But the lobster included on the menu was wonderful, a little tip though, don't order the specialty lobster for an ADDITIONAL 9.00 it was TOUGH, my husband had it, and was really disappointed.

Belle

Archived