On the Epic, which balcony cabins have the steel frame around them?

KMR

I am planning on booking a balcony cabin on the Epic but I need to know which balcony cabins have the steel enclosure built around their cabins. Unfortunately, I booked one of these balconies one time and absolutely hated it. To me, it was just a horrible feeling to be enclosed in one of those steel cans and I definately will never do that again. I called NCL and asked the represenative which cabins on each floor would have these steel enclosures and she did not know. She knew exactly what cabins I was talking about but did not know specipiacily which ones they would be. Everyone on this board is so knowledgable and helpful, that I'am hoping someone will have an answer for me. Thank you.

I am planning on booking a balcony cabin on the Epic but I need to know which balcony cabins have the steel enclosure built around their cabins. Unfortunately, I booked one of these balconies one time and absolutely hated it. To me, it was just a horrible feeling to be enclosed in one of those steel cans and I definately will never do that again. I called NCL and asked the represenative which cabins on each floor would have these steel enclosures and she did not know. She knew exactly what cabins I was talking about but did not know specipiacily which ones they would be. Everyone on this board is so knowledgable and helpful, that I'am hoping someone will have an answer for me. Thank you.

You may want to look at and/or pose your question on the Forum Everything Epic at the top

Its a real shame that the NCL reservations folks don't have better information.

In general, balconies with the steel surrounding will be those that are most forward on the ship. That is to protect the cabins from waves / heavy spray that the glass in the regular balconies would not be able to resist.

Here is a link to a profile rendering of the Epic and you can see those balconies and it appears that there are also some way aft with the same set up. With some study of this and a deck plan, you should be able to get a regluar balcony.

http://z.about.com/d/cruises/1/0/r/k/4/ncl_epic.jpg

The balcony type you are referencing is called a "hull balcony".

Considering the fact that nobody here has been onboard the Epic yet, much less had any chance to look at hundreds of cabins to see which one did, and which did not, have a hull balcony....I doubt that you are going to get the answer that you seek.

However,

In looking at the available pictures (drawings, actually) of the Epic, it appears that there are hull balconies located at the forward end of each passenger deck.

Based on that examination, I would think that as long as you did not book anything in the forward part of a deck (about 1/2 between the forward elevators and the end of the hallway is about as far as I'd go) you should not end up with a hull balcony.

Archived