Sun Princess wharves in NZ

Rosee

DH and I are travelling to NZ in February on SP and I would like to know the actual wharf in each port of call in NZ where she docks. Because of her frequency of visits there, I am assuming she docks at the same place each visit, as in Sydney.

I am planning our shore trips and it would be easier if I knew where we were starting from each day. I have a large HEMA road Atlas of NZ to work from.

If any previous cruise members could help out I would be most grareful.

Happy New Year to you all, and I'm sure it will be for all us Cruisers. :)

Bev

Hi Bev,

Your best plan if want the actual wharf is to do a google on the port for each city and check out the cruise ship schedules.

eg

Port of Dunedin...Port Chalmers

Port of Lyttleton

Ports of Wellington..Aotea Quay

Port of Tauranga...Mt Maunganui

Port of Auckland..Princes Wharf

Bay of Islands is a tender port.

They mainly call at the same wharves each time but depending on numbers, tides etc may be moved around.

hi,lyttelton is cashin quay the container wharf.matt

Just a further note on Lyttleton.....

that is one of the ports where you can not walk through.It is a working container port and a shuttle will take you from the gangway to the Visitors Centre in Lyttleton. If you walk back to the port you wont get past the gates and will have to wait until there is room in one of the returning shuttles.

Ship tour busses and certain taxis are allowed onto the wharf, but not sure about returning in a taxi. We joined a cruise there once and had no end of hassle trying to get the taxi shipside with all our luggage.

Thanks David for the good advice.

I found the following website whilst googling as you suggested. It is a long list of links to ports all over the world with shipping advice and maps of port areas. Not all the ones I needed for NZ, but a lot of others as well which you and other cruisers might find useful as they cruise all over.

It is http://www.cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm#cruisecalls

Thanks also to Matt for naming Cashin Quay in Lyttleton.

Very helpful list members here.

Bev

Just a further note on Lyttleton.....

that is one of the ports where you can not walk through.It is a working container port and a shuttle will take you from the gangway to the Visitors Centre in Lyttleton. If you walk back to the port you wont get past the gates and will have to wait until there is room in one of the returning shuttles.

Ship tour busses and certain taxis are allowed onto the wharf, but not sure about returning in a taxi. We joined a cruise there once and had no end of hassle trying to get the taxi shipside with all our luggage.

thanks,

years ago you could walk close to the ships....but since 2000 it has been closed,i think the port company wants no public access anywhere.even the bus use to stop near the ferry not anymore....that now leaves from Norwich quay.here is a link.

http://www.lpc.co.nz/RP.jasc?session=3A501C412FC1F7D2CA7D87986C453D&Page=N283P2

Archived