Restaurant Recommendations Please

vickie_bernie

If you want something local but still geared more towards tourists, try Breezes...it's right by the port area.

If you want something more "local" then you'll likely have to move further away from the port.

A really good restaurant guide (with locations, menus, etc. and an easy search feature) can be found at: http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/

Many restaurants that serve local fare do not serve alcoholic beverages. Corita's Copper Kettle on Edward Street right in the heart of George Town serves genuine local cuisine, minus the beer.

Scotts Restaurant on Goring Avenue really is geared as a carry out place but offers island favorites (including lunch delivery for those of us who can't always get away from our desks :rolleyes:). It is down a bit of driveway. Grab a lunch to go and carry it to the waterfront to find the perfect place to dine. I'll eat my pepper steak at my desk :(.

Top Taste on the corner of Boilers Road and Walkers Road is another spot for the crowd choosing between island favorites like ox-tail or curried goat. Add a bit of cassava cake or fried plantain as dessert.

If you go as far as Eastern Avenue you'll find Champion House II which offers a full sit-down dining experience with a wide selection of island fare. And Champion House II does have a liquor license! It is a bit further, but not too far away. Champion House II is a definite island favorite and you'll likely be the only cruise ship visitor in the place.

Archived