Which boat? Ecstasy or Conquest??

chetsgenius

We are new to Carnival and since we will be in Houston for the winter we figured we would give them a try since they go out of Galveston. My question is which ship would you choose? I'm 29 my husband is 35 and our friend (who is thinking of coming and is single is 30.).

Thanks!

I love Ecstasy, but if you are younger, you probably would prefer Conquest, more to do?

I like the CD on Ecstasy and that its smaller and just seems like I always get the best service. The CD plays the fiddle and violin and I enjoy him. Conquest is newer and bigger.

Voyager of the Seas also goes out of Galveston, from dec thru mid april, if you find a great price, more to do yet, rock wall and just more active activities.

Depends on if you like to lay around at the pool or what.

My vote goes to the Conquest. I've been on both. Galveston is close to me so they are convenient to get to. The Conquest is newer, bigger, has more places to go and things to do. And, since this is your first time on Carnival, I wouldn't recommend going on an older, smaller ship. Not that there's anything wrong with it. The Ecstasy is nice for a quick, shorter get-away.

The ports are also better on the Conquest IMO. The only port worth stopping at on the Ecstasy is Cozumel. Progresso isn't that great.

We are new to Carnival and since we will be in Houston for the winter we figured we would give them a try since they go out of Galveston. My question is which ship would you choose? I'm 29 my husband is 35 and our friend (who is thinking of coming and is single is 30.).

Thanks!

Conquest... she's a wonderful vessel.

I've not sailed on the Ecstasy, will next month, but I've sailed on several Fantasy class ships which the Ecstasy is and the Conquest class seem just a tad better suited to a younger crowd.

Having said that, you'd have a fantastic time on either vessel. After all... they ARE the Fun Ships!!!

:)

Another vote for the Conquest. I have sailed on both and like was mentioned previously, the Ecstacy is great for a quick get away, but if you can afford the 7 days away from work the ports of call are better on the Conquest.

I've been on the Conquest and absolutely loved it. DW and I were 28 at the time and found plenty to do. It was our first cruise (Dec 07) and we fell in love with it RIGHT AWAY!

The Conquest will take you to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We will be on the Ecstasy in 20 days and will be taking the kiddos (DS 6 & DD 12). It recently came out of dry dock and added some balcony cabins, a waterworks water park and new flat screen tv's in the cabins (Just to name a few things!).

The Ecstasy will take you to Cozumel and Progresso.

Have to say I like both. Conquest goes to Grand Cayman, and that is on top of my favorite ports. Conquest goes to Montego Bay and that is on the bottom of my port list.

Ecstasy calls Progresso, and from there you can get to Uxmal which is just awesome.

Ecstasy has a better Cruise Director, IMNSHO.

Ecstasy is a little easier to get around.

Have to say I like both. Conquest goes to Grand Cayman, and that is on top of my favorite ports. Conquest goes to Montego Bay and that is on the bottom of my port list.

Ecstasy calls Progresso, and from there you can get to Uxmal which is just awesome.

Ecstasy has a better Cruise Director, IMNSHO.

Ecstasy is a little easier to get around.

Im glad Im not the only one who loves Ecstasy. I paid a little more per day to book the Ecstasy these next two cruises .... which tells you I like it more than Conquest.

Im not a huge Conquest fan so far. Its last on my list out of Galveston, but it would be boring not to mix up the ships and do them all as I cruise pretty often.

It recently came out of dry dock and added some balcony cabins, a waterworks water park and new flat screen tv's in the cabins (Just to name a few things!).

I was in a balcony cabin in October, and the TV was not flat screen. The people we cruised with did not have flat screens either.

I was in a balcony cabin in October, and the TV was not flat screen. The people we cruised with did not have flat screens either.

The Ecstasy just came out of drydock. Were you on her or the Conquest?

We did a back to back on Ecstasy in November right after she came back from drydock. Both rooms we stayed in had flat screen tv's... But to be honest I don't care what kind of television they have when I am on a cruise.

Ecstasy is a very likable ship, and she was in tip top shape after the refurb. If you want to see the Mayan ruins, Progresso is the port you need to go to. (If you don't, there aren't alot of other reasons to go there.)

Still, if given a choice between a cruise on Ecstasy or a cruise on Conquest and all else being equal, Conquest wins. It is a 7 day versus 5 with 3 very different and interesting ports.

With winter rates, you may want to do BOTH once you discover how much fun this is. That is what we did.

Archived