A few questions about Rhapsody

biddles

Hi There!

Just a few questions about Rhapsody for any past cruisers out there...

I have booked a Grand Suite :D booked via the RCI website and would like to know:

I’ve paid the deposit but would the balance be subject to the dollar rise and fall or is the amount shown as owing now still the amount to be paid in September?

Will it have coffee/tea making facilities (kettle/nespresso machine)? Sailed on PD over Xmas and the morning ritual for the first one up was the long walk along the entire length of deck 10 to the aft stairs/elevators and up two decks to the buffet for two cups of coffee and the long trip back! So hoping not to do this again :rolleyes:

What kind of theme nights and how many formal nights can I expect on the 9 night cruise?

Can you explain the wine packages? - we don’t drink much red wine and would prefer to purchase mostly white. Can this be done? (Do we just choose any 10 bottles from the 10 on offer)? As we are not cruising until December this year, the package prices are not available yet on RCI website, so does anyone know what the approx cost of each package would be?

Thanks in advance,

Biddles :p

Hi There!Just a few questions about Rhapsody for any past cruisers out there...I have booked a Grand Suite :D booked via the RCI website and would like to know:

I’ve paid the deposit but would the balance be subject to the dollar rise and fall or is the amount shown as owing now still the amount to be paid in September?

I presume the balance owing is in $US ...

that will be the amount due in September.....

all you have to worry about is how many Au dollars

it will take to pay that amount,

at that time

It may be more,

it may be less.

Depends entirely on the exchange rate.

Hi,

Yes, you will find a kettle in your room along with a small selection of coffee, tea and sugar. Outside the buffet area you will find a tea and coffee station with endless varieties of teabags, coffee and different types of sugar. Just need to find a favourite and take back to room. The wine packages were quite expensive. I cant remember just how much, but again there were quite a few different packages on offer. With these wine packages, say if you have some left over at dinner, then if you are in the buffet/your cabin etc later on or next day, you just have to ask for the bottle, and hey presto, they go and get it for you. All very well organised. Lots of people ordered the wine packages.

Hope this helps a bit. The Rhapsody is probably our most favoured ship so far. The food is supurb and plentiful.....I could go on and on...

Cheers,

Jen

Hi again,

Forgot to mention. On our cruise the quoted amount didnt alter. Plus we actually purchased our US$ just 2 days before the big financial crash. I often joke to DH, as he came back home with some US$, shame on him, and when he cashed them in, he actually made a profit. We were lucky...........me, I spent all of mine...lol

Jen

Hi There!

Just a few questions about Rhapsody for any past cruisers out there...

I have booked a Grand Suite :D booked via the RCI website and would like to know:

If you have booked with RCI Australia the change in the $AU to $USD should not change your final payment.

Will it have coffee/tea making facilities (kettle/nespresso machine)? Sailed on PD over Xmas and the morning ritual for the first one up was the long walk along the entire length of deck 10 to the aft stairs/elevators and up two decks to the buffet for two cups of coffee and the long trip back! So hoping not to do this again :rolleyes:

As you have a suite you will have a coffee maker that you will have restocked with Seattles best sachets as you use them. You also have a fridge(bar size) to keep milk in

What kind of theme nights and how many formal nights can I expect on the 9 night cruise?

On this cruise they have had 70's, tropical, country & western.

Can you explain the wine packages? - we don’t drink much red wine and would prefer to purchase mostly white. Can this be done? (Do we just choose any 10 bottles from the 10 on offer)? As we are not cruising until December this year, the package prices are not available yet on RCI website, so does anyone know what the approx cost of each package would be?

Depending on the package you have a choice of whites & reds in all packages. TAKE NOTE- we prepaid the package & were unable to change to the Aus/NZ wine package that is offered on the ship, we felt that the choice was far superior. SOOOO!! wait till you board & ask for this package.

Thanks in advance,

As I am currently sailing on ROS between Auckland & Bay of Islands this is current info

The wine packages are excellent, especially if you enjoy a glass of wine with your meal. We have always ordered the wine package on Rhapsody.

Have a look on the RCCL site it tells you everything you need to know. You get a discount by booking a wine package online so it is quite a saving compared with buying separately by the bottle.

Yes you can choose any of the selection or all of one of the selection from the wine package.

You'll LOVE the Grand Suite.

Jillybean:)

Yes, if you booked in AUD (you can't typically book in USD from here any more), the price is fixed unless you asked for any cabin changes yourself.

One thing to note is that there has been a recent change to RCL procedures in that deposits for suites doubled, including bookings via the website. I don't know whether that new pricing has been reflected in your booking, but some cruisers had received calls about it, that they needed to pay another amount again to form the new deposit.

Yes, if you booked in AUD (you can't typically book in USD from here any more), the price is fixed unless you asked for any cabin changes yourself.

One thing to note is that there has been a recent change to RCL procedures in that deposits for suites doubled, including bookings via the website. I don't know whether that new pricing has been reflected in your booking, but some cruisers had received calls about it, that they needed to pay another amount again to form the new deposit.

That's interesting....why would you have to pay a higher deposit for a suite? A deposit is of so much per person not per category of cabin per person.

Why do we always seem to get thrown the 'curley' deals in this part of the world? :(

Thanks everyone for the info :D

Thanks to Jane (koolkrewser) for the headsup on the wine packages!!

I'll wait until we get onboard. Should I order this immediately on the first afternoon? or can it be ordered at any time? What would be Gold package be worth???

Thanks again,

Are the wine packages delivered to your cabin/suite and you take your wine to dinner, or do they hold the wine for you in the restaurant.

Thanks,

Sue

Hi Sue,

The wine packages are held by the Dining Room. Each night they bring you the wine list for your package and you choose your wine from that. You can have your wine delivered to the Buffet as well or to you cabin.

If you don't finish a bottle at dinner they will cork it for you for the next night. It's definitely a cheaper way to enjoy wine on Rhapsody, there is quite a saving buying the package online throught the RCCL site.

Archived