Port of Long Beach (Splendor) Shuttle Question

aarinsmama

Just 13 days until we fly out for our Splendor cruise! We are flying in the night before and planning on grabbing a shuttle van at LAX to take us to Long Beach hotel. My question is are the same type of shuttle vans waiting at the port when our ship returns home at the end of the cruise? I know they can be reserved ahead of time, but not knowing what time we'll debark makes that a bit difficult. Any former Splendor passengers know? Thanks!

I have a similar question, I booked a Shuttle from the Airport direct from Carnival to the Port but it is calling it the Port of LA, not Long Beach. Does Port LA = Long Beach?

Port of LA is in San Pedro not Long Beach.

Carnival should know where the ship is but it appears not lol!

Jen in SoCal

I have a similar question, I booked a Shuttle from the Airport direct from Carnival to the Port but it is calling it the Port of LA, not Long Beach. Does Port LA = Long Beach?

The Port of LA is in San Pedro which is just across the LA River from Long Beach. Carnival has it's own dock by the Queen Mary which is also the Port of Long Beach. You will need to clarify with the shuttle service where you are going. Just tell them that you are cruising on Carnival and they will know where to take you. Hope this helps.

Port of LA is in San Pedro not Long Beach.

Carnival should know where the ship is but it appears not lol!

Jen in SoCal

Even more funny is the SHUTTLE called it such, not Carnival. Carnival does not do transfers in Long Beach. So I guess Carnival does know:cool:

Info we received from Supper Shuttle after we booked.

We are headed to SNA a bit further than LAX.

Address:LONG BEACH HARBOR 231 WINDSOR WAY LONG BEACH, CA 90802(000) 000-0000

Departure Itinerary (To the Airport)Confirmation Number:

Pickup Date/Time:4/25/2010 9:30 AM - 4/25/2010 9:45 AM

Note.Our 15-minute pick-up window means that the van will normally arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled pickup time. Please make sure that you are completely ready to go at the beginning of your scheduled pickup time window so that you will not keep other passengers waiting!

Adults2Children0Service TypeSHARED RIDE VAN SERVICE (UP TO 7 PASSENGERS IN PARTY)AirportSNA - ORANGE COUNTY-JOHN WAYNEAirlineHARBORFlight # Flight Date/Time4/25/2010 1:00 PMFare$46.00Tip$0.00Fuel Surcharge$0.00Total$46.00Billing:

I was also wondering about using Super Shuttle. This will be our first cruise out of California. We are Florida port people usually but got an amazing deal on airfare! We will be using Super Shuttle from LAX to Long Beach then from the hotel back to the airport.

Even more funny is the SHUTTLE called it such, not Carnival. Carnival does not do transfers in Long Beach. So I guess Carnival does know:cool:

Hmm, if they don't do transfers in Long Beach, why did they sell me one in the ordering process? I guess I am going to call them now and see if I need to cancel that transportation.

Hmm, if they don't do transfers in Long Beach, why did they sell me one in the ordering process? I guess I am going to call them now and see if I need to cancel that transportation.

I believe Carnival only sells transfer's from and to LAX and the port for $26 pp. SNA and LB airport are not included, correct me if I'm wrong.

Just an FYI - I booked a Shuttle directly from the airport to Carnival. I did this through a reputable company but not Carnival itself. I listed the arrival time of our flight about half an hour after the plane landed because I thought we would need to have time to get our bags. It took us about 5 minutes to get our bags and then we went to catch the shuttle. Since I pre-booked it no one would take us except for a certain driver. The driver was in no hurry because he thought we would have just landed. He was nice but it took us forever to find him. My husband was really irritated. Now he doesn't want to ever book a shuttle. This time we're taking a cab. I would book a shuttle again, just keep in mind ONE person is going to be looking for you... and don't worry about giving yourself enough time because apparently they factor that in.

The SuperShuttle to Long Beach drops passengers off at the port/Queen Mary, Catalina landing, downtown and places on the way and further into Long Beach. When I travelled for work, I frequently used Supershuttle for the ride home if I got a ride to the airport from someone (usually the case if I had to leave on a Sunday). I only remember circling LAX once to find more passengers.

The only problem with the shuttles is you wait for a full shuttle.

Not unless you book a private shuttle which for the four of us next Sunday is $88.00 so $22.00 each.

You can do shared ride or private ride for a little more dollars. If you have 4 or more people, it works out to go private.

The only problem with the shuttles is you wait for a full shuttle.

Not unless you book a private shuttle which for the four of us next Sunday is $88.00 so $22.00 each.

You can do shared ride or private ride for a little more dollars. If you have 4 or more people, it works out to go private.

Totally agree. thought it was just two.

Totally agree. thought it was just two.

Yes, I think it was Super Shuttle. It seemed like a good rate. I think we paid about $30 for both of us.

Just to clarify again, there was nothing wrong with the shuttle service. We just waited forever because of the way I booked it.

We booked directly through Super Shuttle and it's $34.00 one way for two people. It's taking us directly to the hotel. Then we get a Super Shuttle at the ship back to LAX for the same price $34.00. We have used them in the past and they have been very good.

P.S. The hotel we are staying at (Hilton), has a shuttle to take us to the ship. If we find ourselves having to wait, we'll just take a taxi.

Yes, I think it was Super Shuttle. It seemed like a good rate. I think we paid about $30 for both of us.

Just to clarify again, there was nothing wrong with the shuttle service. We just waited forever because of the way I booked it.

We booked directly through Super Shuttle and it's $34.00 one way for two people. It's taking us directly to the hotel. Then we get a Super Shuttle at the ship back to LAX for the same price $34.00. We have used them in the past and they have been very good.

P.S. The hotel we are staying at (Hilton), has a shuttle to take us to the ship. If we find ourselves having to wait, we'll just take a taxi.

We also have to book a shuttle from the POrt to LAX in Feb. (We only need it on our return from the cruise). We have a 1:30 flight so I'm nervous about having to wait around at the port for a full shuttle before it can leave, but since there are only 3 of us, we also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a private shuttle.

Anyone know what the cost of a taxi is from Long Beach to LAX? And also does anyone know if Super SHuttle is less expensive if we book ahead of time or if it's the same if we just found them when we got off the ship.

We also have to book a shuttle from the POrt to LAX in Feb. (We only need it on our return from the cruise). We have a 1:30 flight so I'm nervous about having to wait around at the port for a full shuttle before it can leave, but since there are only 3 of us, we also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a private shuttle.

Anyone know what the cost of a taxi is from Long Beach to LAX? And also does anyone know if Super SHuttle is less expensive if we book ahead of time or if it's the same if we just found them when we got off the ship.

Archived