Volendam Daily Sheets

SF

We are thinking of booking the Volendam and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can view some daily compass sheets. I've been able to find almost every other ship except the Volendam.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where to look as my husband wants to see what type of daily activities they offer. Is trivia listed? Thanks.

We were on the Volendam December 6 cruise and really enjoyed it. Trivia was part of the daily activities. In the evening they also did 'name that tune' in the piano bar.

I filed a daily report while on this cruise. If you would like see these reports simply do a search for the threads I have started. This thread is titled "Live From The Volendam Dialy Report" (yes, I do know how spell daily but not at that moment when I submitted the start of the thread).

I can't imagine not having a good time on the Volendam so enjoy that next cruise. Everyone have a great day.

Thanks Pilot70D,

I'm going to check out your thread shortly. If we're on second seating for dinner will we be able to partake in "Name That Tune" or does it take place during our dinner seating? Also, did you enjoy the food? I've read several negative reviews on this ship so I'm glad to finally read a positive one. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Pilot70D:

I just read your post "Live From the Volendam" and it was great! You definitely have a way with words. Glad to hear that the air conditioning problem in the dining room appeared to be fixed later in the week as no A/C can certainly make things uncomfortable. That's the one thing that would definitely bother me. You can take away my desserts (and that's hurting) but no A/C and I get grouchy so let's hope it's working when we sail.

Again, thanks for posting to my thread. :)

I was on the same sailing as Pilot70D, and I now have a new favorite ship. There were some problems with the A/C early in the week in some areas of the ship, but they seemed to be quickly fixed. There is a certain ambiance on the Volendam that I have not seen on the other ships, and it makes it truly a joy to be onboard. The crew is happy, and the service is fantastic. We will be back onboard in May and are looking for another cruise or two on the Volendam in 2006.

If we're on second seating for dinner will we be able to partake in "Name That Tune" or does it take place during our dinner seating? Also, did you enjoy the food? I've read several negative reviews on this ship so I'm glad to finally read a positive one. Glad to hear you had a good time.

I am glad that you enjoyed the "Live From The Volendam Dialy Report" thread. Name That Tune was still in progress after our dinner seating and we had the late, late seating (8:30 P.M.). Or at least it was still in progress on those evenings when we wandered by the piano lounge. Having the early, late seating (8:00 P.M.) would have been better. Having the 8:30 seating does hamper attending some shows and performances whereas the 8:00 seating really doesn't. The early seatings are just too early for us so we do have the 8:00 seating on our Veendam cruise coming up.

We really enjoyed the food and enjoyed it and enjoyed it and enjoyed it....get the drift? I cannot imagine anyone being unhappy with much of anything as far as the quality of the food, the variety of things offered or the quality of the service if they were with us. Like I posted on that thread there were seven different flavors of ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt and sherberts that day and that was for lunch. I do have one word of caution though - salt air shrinks all fabrics so be careful.

The Volendam is a truly beautiful ship and as you can tell from my thread we really enjoyed our December 6 cruise aboard her. So go enjoy your next cruise aboard her with no worries.

Everyone have a great day out there.

Having the early, late seating (8:00 P.M.) would have been better. Having the 8:30 seating does hamper attending some shows and performances whereas the 8:00 seating really doesn't. The early seatings are just too early for us so we do have the 8:00 seating on our Veendam cruise coming up.

Hi,

Have dinner times changed since we've been on HAL in the past? There use to be only two seatings a 6 or 6:30PM (can't remember exact time) and then an 8 or 8:30PM (again, can't remember exact time). Are there now more than two dinner times? I noticed you said early late seating 8PM and late seating 8:30PM plus the early bird seating at around 6 would make 3 different choices. How many different times will I be able to choose from?

I have online all of the Daily Programs from our Christmas Cruise beginning at http://www.arubabound.com/image/lg/us/zaandam/zaan_prog1218.htm

Just use the pull down menu to get to additional pages. No flames on file size please...pages are large enough to actually read the details...

Enjoy! Will put up the additional links and trip review soon...

Archived