Boatswain's in Grand Cayman? Cayman suggestions welcome!

mong1114

OK, so what is your favorite excursion in Grand Cayman with kids (mine are 8 and 5)? We were leaning towards Boatswains, because the hubby and I have done the Sting Rays before and the kids are afraid to swim with them. Thinking of the dolphin encounter in Cozumel and Boatswains in Grand Cayman, but reviews on Trip Advisor were mixed with many calling Boatwains an algae filled pit. Anyone?!?!? Kids love animals and we want them to try snorkeling for the first time. Thanks!!!

We love the Turtle Farm. DH and I were there Nov of 2008 and went again in Nov 2009. This last trip was with DD (6), my parents and my nephew (9). The kids thought it was great. They loved seeing all the turtles in the tanks and getting to interact with them. We have found the place to be well taken care of. The kids enjoyed the swimming area of the lagoon. Lunch is ok but the service was awful both times. Seems as though you're better off ordering alcohol from the bar, but seeing as how we don't drink, it took a long time to get sodas. We were practically done with the meal before we got anything to drink. We wanted to take the kids snorkeling, but they were uncomfortable in the life jackets that were provided so we never made it over to the snorkel place. If you have your own, I'd suggest bringing what your kids are use to, if there is room in the suitcase! The kids did snorkel at Castaway Cay, DD didn't like it but nephew did great. Hope this helps.

In Cayman we did a tour that included a brief city tour, a trip to Hell (which we wouldnt have done specifically but was nice since it was included in the tour) and a trip to the turtle farm. It was nice to look around, see and hold the turtles.

In Cozumel we did a tour that was a little speed boat that fit just my wife and I...the thing halued butt. Afterwards it included lunch and about an hour or so at a very nice beach

Stingray Island is a must if you're able, dunno age ranges for that. Red Sail Sports does a Stingray City Sandbar and Rum Point Tour that I'll definitely want to try doing if I ever make it back again, just hard to fit it in time wise on some cruises.

Archived