Explorer or Enchantment w/kids

What is the difference between the Explorer and the Enchantment as far as kid friendly stuff goes? We will be two families cruising with a 6 year old and a 7 year old. Kid pools or play areas on the two ships different? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'd probably go for price if everything else is the same. With the stretch, the Enchantment has plenty of room and pool space. Explorer will have the ice skating rink and slightly larger staterooms (I think). If I was making the choice I'd probably go Explorer, but either one will be wonderful. Enjoy whichever you choose.

Explorer is newer, Enchantment is older although reconstructed. Explorer has about 1000+ more people. Explorer will have ice skating, minigolf, Johnny Rockets, Royal Promenade and is currently in dry dock, so she will be all buffed up this year. What itinerary and what dates are you considering? What kinds of cabins? If you're popping over to Bermuda, it will be such a short cruise that I'm not it makes a big difference. However, if you're looking at a longer cruise, Explorer might hold up better for you. Have you asked this question on the Family forum?

Archived