Glory Dec 13 - 20 Western Review

BaseballMomof4

Ok, better late than never. I have been meaning to do this review since we got back but the Holidays and real life got in the way. I wanted to share a few of our experiences so here goes.

My husband and I (both 47) and three of our four sons (ages 18, 15, and 12) have all cruised twice before and had visited Cozumel and Grand Cayman before but were excited about the new (to us) ports of Belize and Roatan. We live in Southwest Florida so we got up Sunday morning and drove to the Port of Miami with a plan of being there between 12 and 12:30 and managed to get there just prior to 12 since there was little traffic. I had arranged to park at Standard parking to save a few dollars ($50 to be exact) and had read that they only allow 4 passengers on their shuttle so I dropped off DH and two DS's and headed for the lot only a couple of miles from the port. It was easy to find and get parked, however, that's where "easy" leaves the vocabulary for this lot. They advertise they have a shuttle every 5 to 10 minutes, well, that was certainly NOT our experience. We waited over an hour for a shuttle and the 2 of us had to fight to get on it because TWO GROUPS OF 5 were trying to get on it at the same time. I stored this information for the return trip, surely if they were taking groups of 5 to the port they would bring groups of 5 back.

Finally at the port, we entered a very crowded terminal but I must say the line went fairly quickly and we were on board in no time. The Glory looked wonderful and we were excited to find our staterooms - 7348 and 7350. DH and I were traveling in our first balcony stateroom - the boys prefer interiors. Our room did not disappoint and DH agreed that after having a balcony, we would be hard pressed to travel in any other stateroom. The boys interior room was surprising a bit smaller than others they had on the Triumph and the Imagination. Maybe it was the layout, but they were definitely more cramped than they expected. All in all, the rooms were well kept and our steward - Tony - was a total gem the entire voyage.

th_Room7348.jpgth_Room7348v1.jpg

We had already made a bit of a mess when we took these! So we settled into our staterooms and then headed to our first Meet 'n Greet. We were so happy we joined the Roll Calls and met the wonderful people we enjoyed our cruise with and hope to travel with these newfound friends again!

After the meet we went back to our staterooms to get ready for dinner - we always do the early seating in order to have more flexibility for the shows or other evening activities.

I am not someone who takes photos of my food and I probably won't be able to remember everything I tried, but I will say that for the most part the food was a disappointment. The first night all of the guys ordered the flat iron steak and I had the chicken ala greque (yes, I know I spelled that wrong!) Each of the pieces of meat was a different thickness and size so some of the guys liked their meat and others did not. My chicken was really dry. The flavors were nice but unfortunately, the dry chicken killed it for me. Our waiter - Tip - while very efficient, was not very forthcoming with the little "extras" we are accustomed to. He never offered to bring anything more than one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert. I would say that they might be cutting back, but we noticed that the table next to us was not only offered extras, but were practically bombarded with them! After that first night we were not shy about saying "I would this AND this" and Tip was pretty good about bring it.

After dinner we explored the ship a bit while the boys got together with their new friends and then enjoyed an after dinner coffee on the balcony. We made a bit of an early evening of it as it had been a hectic day and we were looking forward to our first full day on the ship and our first "formal" dinner.

Our first full day on the ship was a day at sea which was really nice - no feeling of being rushed into your first port. Unfortunately we discovered that the flash on our camera was broken so there are not many ship pics. We spent our day hanging out by the pool, exploring the ship, and having a DOD, (or two, maybe three, not sure....:p) and then preparing for our first elegant night. We were really looking forward to our surf and turf dinner and on this night came prepared to order accordingly! ;) Unfortunately, we were once again disappointed. The lobster tails were tiny and mine was the consistency of mashed potatoes while others were more like rubber bands. I have to say that there were very few exceptions to the disappointing food on this trip and most were desserts!

We did enjoy our after dinner shows though and spent most of our evenings in the Glory's comedy club! We saw 3 different comedians on this trip and each of them do a PG and a R rated show. 2 of the 3 comedians were excellent, the 3rd maybe not so much, but it was still a great way to spend the evening! So much fun!! Two hints though - 1, don't sit up front unless you really, really want to become part of the punchline, and 2, don't try to bring anyone under 18 to the R rated show!

The only production show we saw was the Rock one and it was very entertaining, we missed the welcome aboard show unfortunately.

For us, the cruise is all about the ports of call and that's where I will spend a lot of time on where we went, what we did, and what I would have done differently.

We board the Glory Sunday for the Western itinerary. I can't wait to hear more of your review!

Thanks for sharing!

Sure Cheryl - hey, I am originally from Rochester!! Be aware it is ridiculously (record breaking) cold down here (I know it can't compare) for the next couple of weeks so don't expect a blast of heat when you get to Miami! I will try to get all my shore information in quickly for you! :D

First Port of Call - Cozumel - still one of my favorite places 17365_1305074031214_1361419784_30859100_672272_s.jpg

This was our third time to Cozumel. Our first trip we did the Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia through Carnival. It was reasonably priced and we enjoyed it very much. If you want to hang out on a beach, drink and eat this excursion is for you. You can snorkel, kayak, use the water trampoline and when we went there was a water iceberg (sort of a seabound rock climbing wall) for free. If you want to do something motorized (sea-doo, parasailing) it is extra but it is available.

Our second time in Coz we went to Xcaret and loved the park so much and were unable to see so much of it we chose to go back again this time. Now, if you choose to go to Xcaret from Coz you should absolutely book it through Carnival. We needed to be off the ship really early as there is about a 45 minute ferry ride to the mainland and then a short bus ride to the park. Luckily the weather cooperated or this ferry ride could have been very unpleasant but since it was sunny and warm, and they had a young man singing to entertain us (he was cute but kind of sounded like the Jonas Brothers on helium) it was fun.

Xcaret offers just about anything you might want to do. One our first trip there we chose to snorkel the underground river. This time our kids (along with friends from the ship) chose to do that again while DH and I toured the caves, jaguar island, the butterfly sanctuary, the ruins, and the working Mayan village. We met up at the beach for lunch.

17365_1305073511201_1361419784_30859088_1967712_s.jpg17365_1305073231194_1361419784_30859082_2210427_s.jpg17365_1305073111191_1361419784_30859079_5728105_s.jpg

There is no drinking age in Mexico so beware - teenagers that beat you to the beach restaurant might just sample the local beverages!

17365_1305073351197_1361419784_30859085_1127002_s.jpg17365_1305073391198_1361419784_30859086_268220_s.jpg

You can also swim with dolphins or sharks here, snorkel off the beach, snorkel the reef for an added fee. I have the map of this park but can't seem to scan and post it here, so if anyone is interested just send me your email and I will scan it in and send it to you.

The food for lunch (hamburgers, steak sandwiches) were about $10 a plate and were very good. Be prepared to do some math in this park though - everything is in pesos (about 13 pesos to one dollar) and our waiter was very, very confused! The ability to speak some Spanish doesn't hurt here either, fortunately one of my sons is fluent or we might have spent a lot more time sorting out our bill!!

After lunch we starting walking back toward the entrance in hopes of finding a rope bridge that spans a cenote that we had crossed the first time we came to Xcaret. Unfortunately after quite a bit of walking we found out it had been removed. That was disappointing, but along the way we found some interesting sights.

17365_1305073711206_1361419784_30859092_3619048_s.jpg17365_1305073791208_1361419784_30859094_7316982_s.jpg17365_1305073591203_1361419784_30859090_3279416_s.jpg

We wound up back by the entrance in the gift shop (their prices are actually pretty good) where there is also ice cream and drinks. Our guide told us that if we were 5 minutes late to the bus we would be looking for alternate transportation to our next port so we definitely did not want to be late!!!!!

We quickly checked out the aquarium, bought some souvenirs, had a drink and headed back for the bus, then back on the ferry with helium boy, and we had about 45 minutes to shop before reboarding the ship. Now Cozumel still has a fantastic shopping area right at the port and 45 minutes just isn't enough for me but we did our best and headed back onboard. Really fun day and nice weather!

Once back onboard we decided this would be a good night to hit the buffet instead of the main dining room. Veal parm at the buffet was quite good and there was a cappucino dessert that was incredible!

Back to the comedy club and another really fun evening!!

Couple of notes I forgot to put in earlier -

DO bring a power strip and a clock for your room.

DO bring a bungee cord to keep the balcony door open if you have a balcony room.

Our room was wonderfully quiet - no distractions from outside noises or neighbors and I would recommend this stateroom.

Glory is easy to navigate once you understand that the restaurants block midship access on certain floors and compensate by going up or down.

Chair hogs are still rampant on sea days.

The sushi bar is fantastic!

I couldn't find anyplace buy a DOD card - not sure if this has been discontinued or I just chose the wrong places.

We did experience the "secret decks" - it would be a nice place to go for sail away although there are windows to cabins on these decks so I am not sure I would want one of those cabins :eek: we enjoyed sail aways from our balcony this time - it was fantastic!!

Four early morning ports in a row is EXHAUSTING so unless you have tons of energy you might want to schedule some "downtime" types of activities on at least one of them.

Next port - Belize

Belize is a tender port, and a long tender at that. Our family split our excursion with some going cave tubing and some doing an ATV adventure through the same vendor - Yhonny at cavetubing dot com. Yhonny told us to get off the ship as soon as possible since there is a long ride to the caves.

I had read that if you are on a non-Carnival excursion it is difficult to get an early tender so we were up and in the Ebony lounge bright and early to make sure we got off the ship and on to our cave tubing experience as soon as we could. While this was one of many "hurry up and wait" experiences, we were on tender No.1 and off the ship in plenty of time.

17365_1305074071215_1361419784_30859101_657673_s.jpg

There is a nice little shopping area as you dock in Belize with really good prices, unfortunately we wound up with little time to enjoy this. There is also some shopping outside the gates which we did not get to see at all. We hurried to find our guide and were ushered onto a bus for what would be a lengthy but entertaining ride to Jaguar Paw park. Our guide was very funny and very entertaining and we even sampled some wine on the way. Be prepared to see armed militia everywhere you go, including the park. We never felt unsafe but have to admit that it is startling when you disembark in these other countries (Mexico included) and encounter militia with automatic weapons!

We learned a great deal about Belize along our ride to Jaguar Paw and enjoyed the trip. Once in the park, we dropped off the ATV group and continued on to where we would leave the bus and hike to the caves. Unfortunately we bought a camera at CVS that was waterproof and had a flash (I thought I was soooo smart) and it either jammed or the dingbat developing my film exposed it) so I have NO PHOTOS from cave tubing :mad:.

There are bathrooms/changing areas where they park the bus and it is probably a good idea to bring some dry clothes with you for after the t rip unless it is a really hot sunny day. You have a short briefing before starting out and get a tube and a headlamp for the caves. The area you hike through is impossible to describe it is so beautiful. My kids said they felt like they were in Jurassic Park. We had rain off and on this day but didn't even care since the jungle canopy sheltered us and then we were in the caves. It would have been a lot more fun if the sun was shining, but the experience was still off the charts amazing. The down side to this tour was the size of our group, but I will get to that in a moment. If you are not physically fit, this hike may not be for you. It was sometimes steep, often slippery, and somewhat long and you are carrying your tube the entire way.

Once you get to the caves the guide gets you set up in the river in a line of tubes held together by the person behind putting their feet beneath your arms. I can see where this would work well in small groups, however, for some reason our group was near 30 people. This really took away from the enjoyment. There as no jumping off a rock into the river with this group either - which we were looking forward to. While I highly recommend cave tubing, I would definitely choose a different vendor.

Once all "tethered" together in our human chain (which seemed to take an eternity) the guides offered to take photos of us with our cameras and then we set off into the caves. Our poor guide had to try to drag this group through the caves, and he definitely struggled. The caves are gorgeous - shimmering every time our lamps hit the walls - and this could have been fantastic IF WE HAD BEEN IN A SMALLER GROUP. What it became was a long, arduous battle for our guide to get us to the end of the caves. You then float along the river for a bit and through a small rapid before exiting the river.

The scenery is fabulous, the caves are amazing, but I DO NOT recommend cavetubing dot com. We watched numerous other companies with their groups of 6 or 8 float by us with ease and they certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves much more that we did.

Once out of the water there is a short hike back to the bathrooms/changing areas and then it is back on the bus to the point where we dropped off the ATV group and where we would have "lunch". The lunch is very tasty, but don't expect to be filled up. We had a Belikin beer (strong) and our chicken and rice - but the chicken is about the size of a drummette and we had 15 minutes to eat it and get back on the bus to get back in time for the final tender to the ship. Our ATV group said they had been waiting for us for quite awhile, so apparently cave tubing is a lot longer than ATVing. So, we shoveled our food in and hurriedly got back on the bus for the long ride back to the port area.

When we arrived back in port there was a long, long line for the tenders, but it went fairly quickly and it was pouring rain. We were able to make a couple of very quick purchases and then were back on the ship.

What I would do differently in Belize:

Budget more time for shopping! :D

Use a different company for Cave Tubing :(

Bring a change of clothes if Cave Tubing ;)

Try the ATV excursion - they had a blast! :)

Find a local restaurant and get a grown up size version of that chicken!! :p

Our third port in a row - Roatan

We had booked a Victor Bodden tour for Roatan which turned out to be somewhat unnecessary but I will get to that in a minute. Docking in Roatan was a pleasure after our long tender in Belize and I have to say that the Mahogany Bay area is exquisite. You could easily just exit the ship and spend your day there. There are several shops already open and many yet to come, the beach is small but lovely, and the bars lively. You can also eat right on the beach. But expect to pay higher prices.

17365_1305074911236_1361419784_30859122_2105362_s.jpg17365_1305074751232_1361419784_30859118_4927_s.jpg17365_1305074831234_1361419784_30859120_2201774_s.jpg

Our initial plan was to do some sightseeing, check out some photo ops, zip line on Victor's property, and possibly go to the cameo factory. We got off the ship early and headed out to find our guide. That hill everyone is talking about is quite a climb, short but steep, and really unkind of Carnival to make the local guides subject their customers to. But once you endur the climb the guides are lined up waiting for you. We got into a minivan with our "guide" and off we went. She was not the most personable driver, as a matter of fact, if she told us her name I don't recall it. She was strictly a driver which was disappointing after the really fun time we had the day before. Our first stop was zip lining but we had a slight change of plan. We decided to "go big or go home" and not do the zip at Victor's property. We wanted an "extreme" experience. We wound up at the Pirates of the Caribbean. Once there, 4 of us suited up (DH wasn't going to try it as he is a big guy) but after we paid $65 pp (it is extra for the extreme) the guides offered him a trip for free and assured him his size was not a factor so he hesitantly joined in. Once in our harnesses and headgear we loaded up into a jeep for the drive to the top of the "hill". Let's just say that during the drive we were more concerned with getting to the top in one piece than the ziplining down!! That was an adventure in itself! :eek: When we finally made it to the top and started breathing again the view was awesome - well, except for the cows that is. Yes, cows grazing at the top of the hill. And what goes in must come out. Yep, we had to "tiptoe" through the you know what to get to the first platform. Blech!

Once at the top of the platform it was shear exhileration for 2 of our group of 5, and shear terror for the rest of us!!!

The two teenage boys hooked up, took a running start, and off they went!! 17365_1305074471225_1361419784_30859111_5169480_s.jpg

I, on the other, have a terrible fear of heights and was next. Meanwhile my 12 year old was nearly hyperventilating and DH had that "I can walk back down that hill" look on his face. The guide (who was amazing!) hooked me up and I just looked at him. I said this might take awhile (meanwhile thinking I could walk back down that hill if I had to) but he told me to just sit down in the harness and let gravity take it's course. I knew I ad to do it or DH and 12 year old wouldn't either, so, against my better judgment, with the solid knowledge that if I didn't I would never live down the mockery of my teenagers, I jumped off of a perfectly good wooden platform.

17365_1305074271220_1361419784_30859106_4907092_s.jpg

DH was next and the guide would be bringing my youngest son to help alleviate his fear. What a rush!! I would do it again, and again, and again!! The views are spectacular, the people are wonderful, and there is nothing like it!!! Do it!!!!!!

For all of our concerns everyone absolutely loved it - even DH and my youngest DS (who zipped alone after 2 trips with the guide). I didn't count the zips but someone said there are 13, not sure, but by the end we were all playing with it and having a ball - turning sideways, upside down, just an experience not to be missed!

Mind you there were a couple of negatives at Pirates. One was the cow patties, then at another platform there were swarms of biting red ants, really really big ones - not like the little guys we have in Florida, these were huge and came out of the ground by the thousands - I kid you not. I joked they were incentive to get you to jump to the next platform but in reality they were - anything to escape them!

Once we completed the zips there is one sad little monkey on a leash which you can feed/pet/take pictures with. This little guy loved my youngest 17365_1305074711231_1361419784_30859117_484697_s.jpg but will not even look at a woman. The woman in front of us spent several minutes trying to take its picture and it would not look at her nor would it come anywhere near me. There is also a parrot there who, if you let it on your shoulder you will not be able to get rid of! 17365_1305074631229_1361419784_30859115_7656890_s.jpg

Once done ziping, checking out the bird, and checking out the monkey, we looked for our guide. We found her napping in the van. We woke her up and headed out. Next stop, the Cameo Factory. We had seen some lovely photos of carved seashells and DH wanted to find one for his mother for a Christmas gift. Well, we got there, got a brief talk outside about the history of the place and of cameo making, and went inside. Sigh, yet another disappointment. Of the twenty or so cases, maybe a third had anything in them. It is simply one room full of mainly empty jewelry cases and some rather expensive jewelry. There may have been one or two carved shells in the entire shop. Ok, done there. How about some photo ops.

So off we go again down the same road we have traveled back and forth several times. We stop to take a photo of a shipwreck and we stopped atop a hill for a pretty view and not much else.

17365_1305074111216_1361419784_30859102_3970215_s.jpg

By now we can't think of anywhere else to go and our guide is not exactly forthcoming, she only answers questions when we ask - she never offered suggestions or information about Roatan, so we ask to be taken back to Mahogany Bay.

Our Victor Bodden Tour turned into a very expensive cab ride ($125) that I would not repeat. The only positive was that at our stop atop the hill there were a couple of vendors selling crafts and I purchased a gorgeous mahogany vase for $15 and could have gotten a matching bowl for an addition $20 (I am still kicking myself for not buying that bowl as it was $35 in the shops at the port).

Back at Mahogany Bay we shopped for a bit, hit the beach, snorkeled for awhile (the snorkeling here is not good probably due to the recent dredging), took a couple of photos of the ship, and then headed back on board.

I am sure you can get more bang for your buck outside of the cruise center but the areas we saw on our travels were very, very poor so I would definitely look for a guide to take you around and not chance it on your own.

What I would do differently in Roatan:

I would go to the South Shore to zip since I hear the views are even better than at Pirates and you end up on the beach.

If using Victor Bodden I would have a solid plan of where I wanted to go and not rely on the guide since the individual you get might be more of a taxi driver than a guide.

I would skip the Cameo Factory.

I would BUY THAT BOWL IN THE HILLS!!!

Last port of call Grand Cayman.

We have been to Grand Cayman before and have done the "big three" meaning swimming with the stingrays (awesome!), the turtle farm (definitely worth the trip), and Hell (a gift shop with black coral out back), so this time we just planned on winging it - maybe hitting the beach, snorkeling, shopping, having lunch, whatever. Mother Nature had other plans for us. It rained. All day.

We did tender in from the ship though (a short one compared to Belize) and hit the cruise center shopping and then just took off walking. Directly across the street from the cruise center there is a discount t-shirt shop upstairs. We went there first and found free internet access and free phone calls to the states with a purchase. Woohoo!!!! Our facebook deprived teens bought a couple of shirts and then hit the computers!! Huge hit!! I called home to check on mother and the dogs. What a great find!!

We left the teens on the computers and set off shopping, they joined us later. Went to Margaritaville (very expensive) and bought a Prada purse on sale for $69!! Yeehah!!

Then, as we walked down that main street a bit, I saw it - I had read about it and there it was - Eden Rock! There is supposed to be really good snorkeling here. By now it is pouring and we don't care. We cross the street and 2 DS's and I start gearing up to snorkel. There is a little blue building that is a restaurant here and there are snorkel/scuba rentals. They have a changing room. I asked if I could use it and they let me (there is no light in it though so be prepared!) and into the water we went. There is a little ladder there to get in.

The snorkeling here was phenomenal. I barely had my face in the water and there were 4 really large tarpon right there!! I don't know how long we snorkeled but we hated to get out, there were fish and corral everywhere - it was gorgeous. And the ship was right there in the distance. Unfortunately my photos from snorkeling here fell victim to the crappy CVS camera, but I have a few on my home computer that I will post later from another waterproof camera we had with us. They are not very bright since this was a gray, rainy day, but you at least can see the fish were abundant and the (free!!) snorkeling was great!

After snorkeling we walked around a little bit more and then headed back for the port area, sampled some rums and some tortuga rum cakes in the shop there and got back on the ship. While it was not a lovely day weather wise, we had some really great snorkeling and made a couple of nice purchases.

17365_1305075071240_1361419784_30859126_463987_s.jpg

Last day - sea day

Well, the chair hogs were out in full force today but it wasn't that big of a deal since the weather wasn't great. It was chilly, windy, and off and on rainy.

We all sort of just took it easy, sitting by the pool, shopping for the bargain end of cruise t-shirts, having a cocktail (or two, or three :D), having an end of cruise meet n greet where we exchanged facebook accounts, hitting the casino (without luck :(), and after dinner packing up for the inevitable.

We are not into competitions or games, so I have no info about that. We only went to one show but it was very entertaining. The Comedy Club is a must see! The sushi bar is a must do if you like sushi! I tried the fish n chips and it was good (although a bit greasy). I also tried the Chinese which I did not enjoy. My DS's liked the Deli and said the burgers were just so-so. The pizza was good as always. The ice cream was plentiful.

The food overall was a disappointment. The prime rib was excellent and the ribs were wonderful and plentiful! The tiramisu was outstanding, the cappucino dessert was delicious, and the grande marnier souffle was to die for!

Our cabin steward was great! Our waiter was good. The staff was their usual helpful smiling selves.

Our cabin was wonderful, we thoroughly enjoyed our morning coffee and our evening after dinner time on our balcony and we were never disturbed by noises. We spent a lot of quiet time relaxing on the balcony and just gazing out to sea, and had all of the wonderful views while pulling into and out of ports without having to go up on deck. We may never travel in a non-balcony cabin again!

The ship looked great, even right before going into drydock and is not that difficult to navigate.

One thing I almost forgot to mention - the Piano Bar - what a blast! We went there our last night on board and wished we had done it sooner!! Totally entertaining, especially later in the evening!

Our teens had a great time and never, ever lacked something to do. They played basketball, ping pong, mini golfed, and basically got into all kinds of trouble with their new friends! :p

As you can see in my photos of the cabin, I did bring a small coffee maker with me which was a life saver in the mornings. I am a coffee-aholic and each morning I had my coffee right there so I could sit on the balcony in my pj's and watch us pull into whatever port we were visiting that day. I do have to admit that the ship coffee this time was not as heinous as on trips in the past though!

Room service did a great job (we ordered it twice, once on an extra early port day for breakfast, and coffee for disembark day) however, on the day we disembarked we asked for coffee between 7-7:15 and got it at 6:30. Wasn't thrilled to be woken up quite that early, but it was a precursor for things to come.

Disembarking in Miami

Having been on other cruises, we were prepared for a long wait to get off the ship. Particularly since we are Floridians and had no flight to catch. Boy were we wrong. We got up (earlier than expected due to our early coffee) packed up the last of our gear, and headed up to breakfast. I think we were number 11 and they were calling number 1 as we left our cabin.

We had barely sat down to breakfast when they called number 11!!! We actually had to leave before we had finished eating!! Talk about the bums rush!

We actually got off the ship fairly quickly and were in the terminal searching for our luggage (of which we had quite a bit since there were 5 of us). We made the excellent choice of grabbing a porter. This is well worth it as he went in a "special" line and had us outside far quicker than those waiting in line alone. Great right? Maybe not so much. Back to that shuttle to that garage I talked about in the beginning.

In a nutshell, we waited well over an hour for a shuttle and only got one because I basically threw my body in front of one. They then refused to carry us because we were 5 people (even though they brought 5 from the garage to the port on embarkation day) so, after waiting forever for the shuttle (which was basically a survivor of the fittest situation) one DS and I headed back to the garage, collected our car, and had to return to the port to pick up DH and the remaining 2 DS's. Don't get me wrong, I understand the fact that they advertise they will only take 4 passengers and I was attempting to "break" the rules; however, this rule is selectively enforced depending upon the driver. Either enforce it or don't enforce it. Secondly, their so called shuttle every 5 to 10 minutes is a crock. We saw a total of 3 shuttles in that hour we stood outside looking for them and there were dozens of people battling to get on them. It wasn't pretty.

What I would do differently in the future

I definitely WOULD NOT USE UNITED AIRPORT PARKING. (I have corrected the name - it is not Standard, it is United Airport Parking). It takes far to long to be shuttled to and from the port, their shuttles are few and far between, and the driver was very, very rude. The time we spent and the aggravation we encountered was simply not worth the $50 we saved by not parking at the port.

I would definitely bring a bungee cord.

I would not use Yhonny for cave tubing unless I was assured the group size would be small.

I would not use Victor Bodden unless I had a definite plan.

I would go to the Piano Bar more often.

I would not miss any of the comedy shows.

I would eat more sushi!

I would not miss the welcome aboard show.

I would eat breakfast earlier on disembarkation day!

Feel free to ask questions!

Almost forgot

I would absolutely positively go on the Roll Calls and go to the Meet 'n Greet! We met some wonderful people that way and hope to travel with them again someday!!

But would you go back to Roatan again........:rolleyes:

Archived