Glory Dec 13 - 20 Western Review

BaseballMomof4

Couple of notes I forgot to put in earlier -

DO bring a power strip and a clock for your room.

DO bring a bungee cord to keep the balcony door open if you have a balcony room.

Our room was wonderfully quiet - no distractions from outside noises or neighbors and I would recommend this stateroom.

Glory is easy to navigate once you understand that the restaurants block midship access on certain floors and compensate by going up or down.

Chair hogs are still rampant on sea days.

The sushi bar is fantastic!

I couldn't find anyplace buy a DOD card - not sure if this has been discontinued or I just chose the wrong places.

We did experience the "secret decks" - it would be a nice place to go for sail away although there are windows to cabins on these decks so I am not sure I would want one of those cabins :eek: we enjoyed sail aways from our balcony this time - it was fantastic!!

Four early morning ports in a row is EXHAUSTING so unless you have tons of energy you might want to schedule some "downtime" types of activities on at least one of them.

Next port - Belize

Loved your review!

Can you tell me where the "secret decks" are? Do you know which cabins are affected?

Loved your review!

Can you tell me where the "secret decks" are? Do you know which cabins are affected?

We visited the ones on deck 6 and 7. I don't know cabin numbers, but the forward cabins on those decks with windows would be affected. Someone had only their sheers drawn and we could see directly into their cabin at night. If you had one of those cabins you would have to keep your drapes drawn unless you didn't mind people looking in. On the bright side, we were the only people on those decks, so maybe you could look at it like your own private "balcony"!

One more definite do - definitely bring your own snorkel gear. Before we left I picked up two sets of snorkel gear at Walmart ($13 for child, $16 for adult) and this came in very handy and saved us quite a bit of money.

Snorkel rentals can get expensive - they wanted $20 in Grand Cayman and if you try to purchase them it is even worse. Saw a snorkel set identical to the childs version I bought at Walmart for $13 being sold for $44 in Grand Cayman.

Not sure what the rental cost was for the snorkels in Mexico, but it was at least $5-$10. So if you plan to snorkel more than once on your cruise, it is not just cost effective but also far more sanitary to just pack one.

So, like, i wanna hear more about these AMAZING people you met on board. I've been told you meet some wild people on the roll calls... ;)

LOVED the review..... ahhh, memories! and the kids and getting in trouble.. NOT MINE!!!:eek: What rum?

and i've heard about that Kiwi guy...... i don't know about a week or 6 in Roatan with him .........:rolleyes:

and what goes on in the piano bar?

Great Review!!

So, like, i wanna hear more about these AMAZING people you met on board. I've been told you meet some wild people on the roll calls... ;)

LOVED the review..... ahhh, memories! and the kids and getting in trouble.. NOT MINE!!!:eek: What rum?

and i've heard about that Kiwi guy...... i don't know about a week or 6 in Roatan with him .........:rolleyes:

and what goes on in the piano bar?

Great Review!!

There was this one woman - well, let's just say I hope I made a friend for life! She was amazing! Beautiful, smart, funny (you have my address for the check, right?) And it was even her birthday!!!!!!!!!

Rum and rocking seas :eek: the best anti-drinking tool a parent can have :p

Yeah, that Kiwi guy was, well, you know.........but Roatan was so beautiful, maybe we could just give him a couple of buckets of beer and a beach chair?????

All kinds of fun, fun, fun go on in the piano bar! It's way to easy to drive away teens there too!!

Sounds like you might have a new BFF :D

Buckets of beer are good for Kiwi's... and i think i'd be plopping in that beach chair alongside him with some Malibu... yum!

and you just gotta love the Piano bar.... always good for some entertaining sites (still looking on Utube to make sure i'm NOT on there):eek:

Sounds like you might have a new BFF :D

Buckets of beer are good for Kiwi's... and i think i'd be plopping in that beach chair alongside him with some Malibu... yum!

and you just gotta love the Piano bar.... always good for some entertaining sites (still looking on Utube to make sure i'm NOT on there):eek:

Oh, so the boys didn't tell you about the utube video then........:eek: uh oh :p

let me drink tequila and grand marnier in the same night... every time...and i mean EVERY time.. i do SOMETHING to get me into trouble :rolleyes:

and luckily your boys were NOT there that night. It was past everyones bedtime, i think (fingers crossed)

let me drink tequila and grand marnier in the same night... every time...and i mean EVERY time.. i do SOMETHING to get me into trouble :rolleyes:

and luckily your boys were NOT there that night. It was past everyones bedtime, i think (fingers crossed)

Ah yes, the night someone tried to convince the piano man to stay late.....;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived