What to do with luggage?

PictureMom

We will arrive in San Juan the day before our cruise. Our cruise doesn't leave until 8:30 p.m. so we plan to explore Old San Juan before we get on the boat. We will have to check out of the hotel...so what do we do with all of our luggage? We're staying at the Hampton Inn. Do hotels help with this situation? Not sure how to deal with this problem. :confused: Can anyone help?

Most hotels have a room where you can store your luggage after check out. If not, you could go to the pier and check it in with the porters for your cruise. You then could either board the ship and leave to tour for a while, or wait to board the ship until about 6. Just ask at the Hampton when you check in.

We just arrived from our trip to Puerto Rico. I remember seeing a place on the pier that will store luggage. There was a sign out front advertising this. I don't remember which pier it was at, but believe it was near an ice cream shop.

I recommend taking a taxi in the morning to Old San Juan and then visiting both forts - Fort San Cristobal and El Morro. This will take you about 2-3 hours. Next, you could shop and eat.

There are several places, but two that I know of:

1. The Sheraton hotel has a huge room for ppl that want to store their luggage, however I dont know if thats only for guests (i dont think so).

2. there is a place accross the street and to the right from the Sheraton right next door to subway. You will see a sign "luggage storage" or something like that. They would probably be less expensive than sheraton anyway.

If you are checking out of the hotel around noonish then I think you should investigate what time you can board your ship. Two years ago we cruised the Celebrity Summit and were able to board at about 11:30 AM. We stayed on the ship the rest of the to enjoy brunch and the other amenities because we had a day lay over secheduled ot the end of the cruise. But I think you can probably check-in and get back off to wander around San Juan and then reboard late afternoon. There is also a restaurant in old San Juan called Barrachina that provides free luggage storage from 9:00am to 5:00pm.

http://www.barrachina.com/

i did the same thing and i was told to use the sheraton (across the street and about 1/2 block from the pier).

when i got to the ship however, i found they were already taking the luggage so i checked my bags and headed out around town.

Archived