MSC Winter Sale

AmoMondo

This may only be relevant for UK passengers but wanted to let you know that there are currently some phenomenal bargains on certain cruises at the moment.

I jus booked the Orchestra's repositioning trip from Santos in Brazil to Dover (England) and got a cat 11 balcony cabin for an unbelievable proce. My TA was absolutely amazed. I only paid 17% of the full advertised price and 33% of prima (early bokking) price. They are waving single supplements on some trips which counts for a good part of the saving, but even exclusding that, there was still quite a hefty discount anyway.

If you have been swithering about making a booking, I'd suggest you get your TA to chack if the cruise you are interested has its price slashed like my one had.

Amo, I got a category 10 outside cabin with balcony on the Spendida 12 day east med cruise (19-30 Jan) for €1600 instead of the regular €2170. They also waived the single supplement for me. With the 80% supplement my cruise would have cost me €3906 plus the €130 registration fee and I got it for only €1600. Now I'm trying to get a good deal on a June cruise to Iceland. Got my fingers crossed!

Amo, I got a category 10 outside cabin with balcony on the Spendida 12 day east med cruise (19-30 Jan) for €1600 instead of the regular €2170. They also waived the single supplement for me. With the 80% supplement my cruise would have cost me €3906 plus the €130 registration fee and I got it for only €1600. Now I'm trying to get a good deal on a June cruise to Iceland. Got my fingers crossed!

That's a good deal too and I'm pleased to know that they are not just waiving the single supplements on the less popular repositioning trips. I often cruise alone and paying 80-100% supplement really racks up the price. may just enquire now about a late summer cruise on the Splendida"

I wish I could go..hope you have lovely time

Hi scruffs, good to hear from you. Hope you are well and had a great New year?

If my memory serves me right, you've done a repositioning trip to Brazil with MSC (or was it from Brazil)?

yes from venice to brazil (see your other thread)

you asked about the mix of passenger..the majority were brazilians who were happy go lucky, singing and dancing (even to mobile ring tones!!)

the rest were germans (they were up early putting their towels..I am not joking) rest from allsorts.

Shame to say the worst whiners were those from uk..in the end it was best to avoid them sad to say:(

cant see any ref on the msc uk site about winter sale..is this just for travel agents do you know?

I'm not sure. I know they haven't updated their website. I saw this and the other repositioning cruises advertised as no single supllement on Gills website. However when I called a couple of other TAs they both quoted the same really low price and said it was due to MSC's winer sale offers.

Capricruiser also seems to have gotten the no single supplement and a further discount on a Splendida cruise.

Not sure how long this is going to last or whether they are just trying to fill up empty places in the first part of the year.

the rest were germans (they were up early putting their towels..I am not joking) rest from allsorts.

Shame to say the worst whiners were those from uk..in the end it was best to avoid them sad to say:(

Ha Ha! I've encountered the early morning towel activities of the germans a few times already so know exactly what you arte referring to. As for whining Brits - also unfortunately know wjhat you mean there. We had a 300 or so on my South african repositioning trip and whilst some were lovely, there were a hard core element that found fault with absolutely everything.

yes I know the feeling, I am involved in a small way here in tourism and it is the case that so many of these "complaints" are just an excuse to get money off

At the beginning of a complaint then attention is given, but I have found that as time goes on the complaints become so farcical as to nullify their purpose (one person on musica complained to me that the reception staff didnt know the names of the birds the were flying behind the ship)

one wonders why dont they just stay at home:(

Hi, we are thinking of booking an MSC cruise, could you let me know who you booked your cruise through. thanks

I booked through Ideal Cruising because I used them before but several other UK online TAs were also quoting the same price

• 3 weeks later...

Hi:)

I have booked a TA on Musica from Santos to Venice In March 2010,through Gills cruises for £1299. The difference between the inside and the outside was £100 and beween the outside and a balcony was £100 so I settled for a balcony, but do not know where as yet.

Do not know if this is normal for MSC or the TA

The only thing is that it starts from Heathrow but comes back into Gatwick.

Also got to get from Scotland, and it may be that BA are possibly going to go on strike sometime between March and April.

If anyone else is going on this trip would you let me know - I feel as if I am alone at the moment.:eek:

Regards

JO

Hi:)

I have booked a TA on Musica from Santos to Venice In March 2010,through Gills cruises for £1299. The difference between the inside and the outside was £100 and beween the outside and a balcony was £100 so I settled for a balcony, but do not know where as yet.

Do not know if this is normal for MSC or the TA

The only thing is that it starts from Heathrow but comes back into Gatwick.

Also got to get from Scotland, and it may be that BA are possibly going to go on strike sometime between March and April.

If anyone else is going on this trip would you let me know - I feel as if I am alone at the moment.:eek:

Regards

JO

Hi fluffy,

I've got to get my own flight down from Edinburgh too. I'm still waiting for them to confirm my outbound flight details from heathrow but have said it will be the overnight BA flight. Haven't bought the connecting flight yet and have to say I'm stressing a bit about the possible BA strike. Worse comes to the worse I'll hop on the train down to London but don't know yet how MSC will deal with the Heathrow - Sao Paolo flight if this is one of the flights caught up in the strike.

I'm getting off at Dover, so don't have to worry about getting homeward flights as I'm just going to get the train and completely avoid airports on the way back.

Fingers crossed for both of us that BA manage to resolve their differences without strike action....

Archived