Carnival's new ad campaign

alphakitty

First, let me say, the horn at the end of the commercial sounds more like a whoopee cushion.

Second, the new do not disturb signs look like the paddles that I grew up fearing in my K-8 public education. The signs should read:

Cruisin

OR

Bruisin.

Can't believe we had corporal punishment back then and now...:eek:

It did sound like a whoppie coshin.:)

I guess I do not think much of a Cruise Ship Commercial that NEVER shows a cruise ship,,,

and the story is told through the DAUGHTERS eyes...but has a male voice.

I'll bet many hours were spent trying to decide whether to use the teens voice or the dads, but I think they got it wrong. It just doesn't go with the ad and is rather jarring. Otherwise great ad, leave your cares behind and have FUN!

While I agree that it is strange to have a male narrator, they chose him because he is pretty well-known now and popular--it's John Krasinski a.k.a. Jim Halpert on The Office. I think the commercial is fun, honestly. They'll get a lot of exposure during the Olympics next month...

While I agree that it is strange to have a male narrator

Maybe they're taking something right out of Star Trek in the 60's, where they used a female actress to play a male alien, overdubbed with a male voice as well. :D

Talosian_keeper.jpg92924_1.jpg

Just remember in all your jubilation . . . the more successful the ad campaign, the quicker and easier it will be to fill cabins on Carnival ships . . . the higher the prices for cabins will go. :rolleyes:

(the other side of this, of course, is the cheaper the competitors cabins may become):)

I really, really miss the old ads with the "somewhere, beyond the sea" song:(

When I heard those, I always zoned right in and either thought about my upcoming cruise, or thought about booking.

Now, I have to admit, I also like the "buckle-up, buttercup" ads, they absolutely made me laugh.

I agree with you.....

Archived