Carnival's new ad campaign

alphakitty

I really, really miss the old ads with the "somewhere, beyond the sea" song:(

When I heard those, I always zoned right in and either thought about my upcoming cruise, or thought about booking.

Now, I have to admit, I also like the "buckle-up, buttercup" ads, they absolutely made me laugh.

I like it.

I hope that fitness guy in the dirty jogging outfit retired.

So too, the big balls and the pinata.

Hell, they can't air the NEW SHIP SMELL anymore. We all know it's the Dream, and how bad that smell actually is. :eek:

I see that girls look often in my daughters face. It borders on horror, even when I'm playing a Led Zeppelin tune in the car as I drop her off at school. :eek:

I saw the ad several times last night on the Food Network. I think there should be a female "teen" voice instead of a male voice. There is also no real "Cruise Ship" in the spot only a reflection of the whale tail funnel in the glass at the very beginning. It could be a commercial for any type of vacation up until the end when you see it's Carnival and the horn blows. I think it needs some tweeking.

Carnival is the fun ship and these ads are fun. Check our the new privacy signs on the Legend:

11432_204415659249_817099249_2921419_143965_n.jpg

Aren't they great?:D

I'm going on the Freedom in 11 days. I hope they have these new door hangers. I WANT SOME!

Sewut

I saw the ad several times last night on the Food Network. I think there should be a female "teen" voice instead of a male voice. There is also no real "Cruise Ship" in the spot only a reflection of the whale tail funnel in the glass at the very beginning. It could be a commercial for any type of vacation up until the end when you see it's Carnival and the horn blows. I think it needs some tweeking.

I thought the SAME thing about the voice! It just didn't match! The little voice in my head usually isn't a male voice! And it wasn't when I was a teenager either!

But the dad is SOO my DH!

...as someone who has worked closely with professional advertisers and ad agencies for years, I think the one ad posted was very effective in delivering the classic Carnival message: throw convention (and your blackberry) away for a few days and have some unabashed FUN.

..I enjoy Royal Caribbean's ads too; but they tend to use the conventional 'oh wow' ship

shots (and let's give them their due...their ships and what they offer are cool)....

Royal Caribbean is trying to sell a vacation...but Carnival is selling a FEELING...

I think it works.

What do you all think? I like the music, but the "dad" just seems dumb to me, especially the dancing spot. :) I look forward to seeing the rest.

http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southflorida/blog/cruise_industry_report/2010/01/carnival_launches_ad_campaign.html

Typical carnival ad, almost as pathetic as that stupid giant beach ball fiasco ad.

Carnival is the fun ship and these ads are fun. Check our the new privacy signs on the Legend:

11432_204415659249_817099249_2921419_143965_n.jpg

Aren't they great?:D

First, let me say, the horn at the end of the commercial sounds more like a whoopee cushion.

Second, the new do not disturb signs look like the paddles that I grew up fearing in my K-8 public education. The signs should read:

Cruisin

OR

Bruisin.

Can't believe we had corporal punishment back then and now...:eek:

What do you all think? I like the music, but the "dad" just seems dumb to me, especially the dancing spot. :) I look forward to seeing the rest.

http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southflorida/blog/cruise_industry_report/2010/01/carnival_launches_ad_campaign.html

I like it, it reminds me of, well, me. Yeah baby I'm on a cruise.

First, let me say, the horn at the end of the commercial sounds more like a whoopee cushion.

Second, the new do not disturb signs look like the paddles that I grew up fearing in my K-8 public education. The signs should read:

Cruisin

OR

Bruisin.

Can't believe we had corporal punishment back then and now...:eek:

Kids need corporal punishment especially crazy kids on cruise ships, ther parents need its to!!

I have enjoyed the recent commercials for Carnival. They do a great job of selling the feeling of what carnival is all about, fun, casual and not taking things too seriously.

"Buckle up buttercup" still makes me chuckle a bit, I actually liked those commercials. I know that the first time I saw the "new ship smell" commercial, it got my attention.

Bring back Kathie Lee singing "Sunny weather, all together. Ain't we got fun"!

Better yet when she sang "Put Me on the Jubilee". That was a reaaaaallllll duzzie!

OH PULEEZ NO!!! :eek: I would probably never cruise Carnival again if they went back to that saccharin witch!

Ahh....good ole Kathy Lee!

I grew up on those things - back when commercials were entertainment!

I love to go to youtube and watch old commercials from the 80's and early 90's. Back when toy commercials ACTUALLY showed Kids PLAYING with the TOYS!!

Ahh....good ole Kathy Lee!

I grew up on those things - back when commercials were entertainment!

I love to go to youtube and watch old commercials from the 80's and early 90's. Back when toy commercials ACTUALLY showed Kids PLAYING with the TOYS!!

I will have to look and see if her Jubilee commerical is on Youtube..The headband alone is enough to make you pee your pants laughing.

Archived