Regretful & Forgotten Packing

avandrie

We're due to set sail in just a few short months (finally)! :D I'm playing around with starting my official packing list and am curious to know two things from you all...

Aside from the extreme obvious things to pack (clothes, sunscreen, passports), what item(s) can you say that you regretted packing and/or wish you hadn't of forgotten to pack?

Please accept my apologies in advance - I'm certain this question gets asked ad naseum! :rolleyes:

Here is a list I use for things to take and remember to do before a cruise. It is for a man, so adjust accordingly for a woman. Feel free to add to or subtract from the list as you see fit. Some of the things mentioned may be provided on the ship.

Cruise List

Toiletries

Toothbrush

Toothpaste

Comb

Razor

Shampoo

Body Bath Cleaner

Sunscreen

Q-Tips

Aspirin

Earplugs

Nail clippers

Tweezers

Cough lozenges

Mending kit - buttons

Clothing

Tuxedo (Works (Jacket/Pants/Cummerbund/ Studs/BowTie/White Shirt), Extra White shirt, Extra Cummerbund/etc)

Jacket

Pants

Shorts

Swimsuits

Swim cover-up (Sweatsuit perhaps)

Shirts Dress, Casual

Handkerchiefs

Underwear

T-Shirts

Socks pair white, dark

Hats

Shoes (Dark/Sneakers)

Water Shoes

Misc

Trip Log w/pen

Cash

Passport

Wallet (contents)/Moneybelt

Ticket information

Glasses/Reading Glasses/Sun Glasses

Eye Mask

Ice Bag

Water protected bag

Playing Cards - Get from Purser onboard

Small compact Cooler

Backpack

Clothespins

Duct Tape

Bungee Cord

Personal fan

Clock or watch

Colorful straps for luggage

Digital Camera/Batteries/Memory cards/Water camera

Before Leaving

Stop Newspaper

Stop Mail

Stop Garbage

Pay any bills that might come due while cruising

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Haven't forgotten it - but it's important-

Immodium

On our group cruise last year I had all the stuff that one gal needed- ginger, dental kit. Still packed in the 22" suitcase. This year she told methat she is bringing her own.

I bring as little as possible- one medium size carry on. I did forget the sunscreen once- just picked some up (at a cost) at our first port. Had a few things I could have left at home but nothing major- an extra light jacket and pair of shoes.

The one thing I have to stress is to bring your own conditioner for your hair. They have this shampoo/conditioner stuff on board but it does NOT get the tangles out of your hair like normal conditioner would. I forgot conditioner the first time around and my hair was a wreck, lol.

I never regret bringing my binoculars or Downey Wrinkle Release.

I do have fun with my gps, which I've brought a couple of times.

We always say as we are walking out the door, "well, if we've forgotten anything, we'll just have to buy it." But I'm so anal with my lists, we're okay.

Enjoy your cruise,

Shay

Never cruised before, but through all of my many land vacations I am such an anal packer that I have never forgotten anything (knock on wood! LOL!!) If anything, I tend to over pack- since I have kids I pack children med (tylenol, benadryl, etc). But I suppose if you forget something you will be able to buy it onship or at port... it will just cost an arm and a leg! :eek:

If you plan on doing any walking around in port- bring some moleskin. If you get a blister...ouch!!! And I would probably bring the power strip- charge up your cell phones, etc over night...

I am sure you will be able to find some sort of list/suggestions here on the board- everyone has been so helpful.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!!:)

I've read all the "lists" over the years. The one item that I never saw a need for was the over-the-door shoe hanger. Many swear this is the only way to keep things organized in your cabin. Have always found ample space.

Well, it all depends on the size of your cabin and how many people are in it.

Suite? No prob.

2 people? No prob.

3 or 4 people? It's invaluable for all the things that get set down on the vanity. Cameras, medicine kit (when there are 4 make up kits in the bathroom), curling irons, etc.

my tooth broke this week and it made me realize that in the middle of the sea i would be pretty upset not to have tooth repair and ambosol, so it is added to my ziplock emergancy bag!

Our friends we cruise with needed something once. She thought she was menopausal, no action for over a year. Bam! Guess what she needed as soon as we set sail?!?! She was knocking on our cabin door to see if I had anything, but I didn't. And the onboard shopping is very limited for those kinds of items.

Ever since, I always keep a few female products, just in case. You never know.

Shay

I have a travel sewing kit and travel manicure kit I picked up a the dollar store that I always take on trips - don't always need them but when I do I sure am happy I brought them. I also take a small ziploc with whatever OTC medication we currently have at home (ibuprofen, sudafed, nyquil, immodium) if I don't need them they go back in the cabinet when we get home, and if we do need them I've saved myself from paying 3 times what we pay at home, not to mention a trip to the infirmary (and potential quarantine for a day or two!)

Took the over-the-door shoe bag twice, used it first time and thought it was great, did not use it the second time and did not miss it. (only two of us in the cabin...)

oh, and my sham-wows - I roll up our bathing suits at the end of the day and in the morning they are dry - also good for beach excursions to get most of the wet off you and keep your nice big carnival towel dry (they can get heavy when they are wet!)

oh, and my sham-wows - I roll up our bathing suits at the end of the day and in the morning they are dry - also good for beach excursions to get most of the wet off you and keep your nice big carnival towel dry (they can get heavy when they are wet!)

That is a GREAT idea!!! I hadn't ever heard the sham-wow idea before but its a GENIUS idea!! Thanks! Adding that to my lists! I bring a couple bathing suits but they never fully dry- I think this would help that. :D

Thanks!

Jen

The last cruise I went on I forgot my makeup, denture paste (the cruise ship does not sell it either and you thing they would with all of senior citizens that cruise) and some other things. When I got home there they were on the couch where I had left them. This time they are going in my suitcase as the first items packed.

Archived