Any experts know what the mysterious rectangle on Carnival Conquest Lido deck is?

jasper63

There is an unlabeled rectangle on Lido deck behind Atrium America and between inside staterooms 9285/9286 and 9291/9292. We have rooms booked on Verandah just below those cabins and the "rectangle," and two cabins removed from Atrium America. Does anyone know what that rectangle on Lido deck is?

VALIDO.GIF

Atrium America is the name of the elevators. The rectangle is the open atrium. This picture is on the Triumph, but its built the same. I was taking pictures of the wreaths for xmas around the atrium "hole".

Those cabins I think are all Handicapped cabins, we were supposed to book one. On the Conquest the backdrop is a big up and down picture with lots to look at. I wish I had a picture of it. Iv been on Conquest 4 times so far.

When you come off the elevators you have to walk right or left to go around the rectangle area.

1218313658_Picture064.jpg.398195296782d05b26d40ba0f0ab344b.jpg

Firefly, thanks so much for the picture. Just to make sure, you are describing an atrium "hole" directly between those cabins I mentioned and not the atrium or lobby area in front of the glass elevators and other elevators? Right?

You have me confused. There is no atrium in front of those glass elevators, there is the bank of elevators you mentioned that are named Atrium America, with glass elevators. That bank of elevators faces forward toward the sideways elevators. You can take either of the glass or the sideways elevators.

When you get off the elevators, you walk right or left if you want to walk toward the pool around that atrium that is between the 4 cabins. The 4 cabins face the balconys across from them, you wouldnt see the cabins when you walk thru there unless you go down the little hallway on purpose that runs between two of the cabins and the balconys, its just for getting to the cabins, not the regular hallway, those cabins you wouldnt be seeing unless you try.

Sorry, it was me that was confused. So you enter the glass elevators on the side closest to the sideways elevators, then walk around and past the open rectangle to the pool. You got rid of my fear that the rectangle was an elevator equipment/motor room.

Thanks!!!

I was confused too about that and my PVP had to tell me the name was the name of the elevator bank, seems confusing. ... and thats with me having seen it in person. I dont know why they would name the elevators.

We were looking at booking one of those four cabins, because my sister wanted a HC cabin.

We have some concern that the cabins we have booked on Verandah deck are directly underneath the path people would walk on to get from the glass elevators to the pool. Basically, people will be walking above the ceiling directly over where the beds in our cabin are. Do you think that would be a significant issue, or probably not? If it is, we might go down one deck to Empress.

Archived