Cabin assignment on the Miracle?

tammymacb

I was going to ask this question on another thread, but didn't want to go off topic.

I read that Carnival reserves the right to move you from a cabin if you have less passengers booked in it than it will hold.

In my case. Carnival wouldn't allow me to book a cabin for 4 as we currently have a "confirmed" number of 3 passengers sailing. I will probably have a forth, dd's friend who is going on her second cruise with us this week.

The cabin I'd requested was #5262 and available, but I couldn't book it. I ended up in #5240 instead.

Also, any comments on these two cabins?

Thanks.

I'm bumping up to ask the question again. Why am I reading about Carnival having the right to bump someone from a cabin if there are less people booked in it than the room would hold, but I was unable to book the cabin I wanted as I had 3 people to book and the cabin held 4?

I would guess that you are close to you sailing date and the powers that be are assigning the guarantees and trying to make maximun use of what inventory is left. Other odd things happen as your sailing date gets closer. Sometimes a room for 4 is available, but you can only book it for 2. That means you ship is really full.

I was going to ask this question on another thread, but didn't want to go off topic.

I read that Carnival reserves the right to move you from a cabin if you have less passengers booked in it than it will hold.

In my case. Carnival wouldn't allow me to book a cabin for 4 as we currently have a "confirmed" number of 3 passengers sailing. I will probably have a forth, dd's friend who is going on her second cruise with us this week.

The cabin I'd requested was #5262 and available, but I couldn't book it. I ended up in #5240 instead.

Also, any comments on these two cabins?

Thanks.

Can you book the cabin with the 4th person TBA (To Be Announced). You would still have to pay the deposit for the 4th then. This would be before final payment at final payment you would have to have a name.

some times it has to do with the time of year. I can book a quad during the off season, but not during the summer on some ships for instance. My friend has not been able to book a quad during the summer, but can book a cabin for two with a rollaway, when she would rather have the quad.

I think it depends on how many children they expect.

I've booked the cruise for next year. Jan 6th, 2011.

When I made deposit, it was for myself, DH, DD ( 14 then ) and once we return from our ( this week, Jan 9th ) cruise I was going to talk to Cydney's parents regarding joining us again next year.

I had actually picked that room. It is just the location I wanted, and would have held it. But, Carnival wouldn't let me book the room for 3, even though I told the PVP that there were very good odds I'd be adding a fourth 14 year old.

Archived