Three Queens Three Day Sale

6502programmer

Cunard's getting in on the "wave season" sale action with a three day sale. I can only speak to the scanty information I picked up re: the US sale. Reduced deposits that are NON-REFUNDABLE (looks like we get to live like the other half!). Savings of "up to" $1500 off of Early Booking Fares, though they go on to say $600 pp is more typical for balcony TA fares. OBC's are thrown in as well, starting at $50 for an inside on a TA and up to $300 for P4+ in Europe.

One source said it could be combined with some discounts (including group), one said it couldn't. The promo code is R3D. YMMV, batteries not included, do not taunt happy fun ball, etc.

Cunard's getting in on the "wave season" sale action with a three day sale. I can only speak to the scanty information I picked up re: the US sale. Reduced deposits that are NON-REFUNDABLE (looks like we get to live like the other half!). Savings of "up to" $1500 off of Early Booking Fares, though they go on to say $600 pp is more typical for balcony TA fares. OBC's are thrown in as well, starting at $50 for an inside on a TA and up to $300 for P4+ in Europe.

One source said it could be combined with some discounts (including group), one said it couldn't. The promo code is R3D. YMMV, batteries not included, do not taunt happy fun ball, etc.

Deposits are always non-refundable in the UK, and we would pay about treble $600 for a balcony TA.

Deposits are always non-refundable in the UK, and we would pay about treble $600 for a balcony TA.

Hence my other half comment. I know we have it better than our cousins when it comes to handling of deposits. The $600 is what was referred to as savings. If I could get a $600 pp balcony I'd be cruising once a month!

Ditto in Canada. Would love to take advantage of a sale!

I've seen details of the sale on a Travel Agent website, but rules here are such that I can't say where.

So I would suggest looking around the Internet or calling your Travel Agent. The sale lasts for three days from today, so you don't have long to take advantage of it.

Unfortunately it didn't cover what I was looking for - a 2011 cruise on QV.

This is one of the worst sales I have seen. The R3D fares are identical to the RDB or RGB fares that have been on offer before this three day "sale" and will sustain after the promotion.

The only difference is that you can get an on board credit directly from Cunard (vs. only through agents) and your deposit is half what it would be ... the downside is the deposit is completely non-refundable and non-transferable which in my experience mean they wont like to pass on a later price reduction without losing the deposit on the first booking.

Since the base fare hasn't changed from what's offered in the last 90 days and will likely continue, I think it's questionable from a trading standards perspective and wouldn't be surprised if someone reports them to the attorney general.

For anyone who is a world club member, the 5% discount is better.

I am not an expert in the field of fares, deals, etc. Although some posters write that their agent "constantly checks prices" for most passengers this is something they have to do on their own. It is so very pleasing when a posters write on this board and lets computer deficient passengers like myself know prices have been reduced.

I read on a roll call that price for June 1st TA cruise had been reduced, and upgrade given, so I e mailed my agent (I needed to get the same cabin for my upcoming B2B2B , May through June).

To my delight she was able to get me shifted so I would have the same cabin for all 17 days, even more delighted when the new cabin proved to be an upgrade from D7 to D2, and imagine how I felt with the good news that the price for both TA cruise had been reduced.

I am now waiting to receive amended invoices showing the reduced price (she did tell me over the phone but I was so pleased I missed the actual figure.) Final payment is needed mid Feb.

If you feel that a price reduction may be available to you , I can only suggest that you contact your agentASAP. I am so very glad I did.

We have recently returned from a 10 Day cruise on the QM2 where we were completely satisfied with the cruise - the ship - the service - everything was perfect. We decided to make reservations for our next voyage before we disembarked - Our TA advised us that should we decide to do that - it would be best to make our reservations before we left because it would be very dificult to meet the prices that are offered by Cunard. We woould still be able to maintain oour TA. Upon his advice we did that and received an excellent price We requested the same Suite Q5 the same time and not only was the price very but we also received an OBC of $900.00 each. I dooubt that this could be matched - however, for sure I will keep an eye out for any price reductions

Just got off the phone with Cunard... she said the three day sale is geared toward first time Cunard cruisers because my price as a previous guest was better - not good enough to book it just yet though :(.

I'm so kicking myself for not booking while I was on the ship :mad:

The woman i spoke with at Cunard suggested I keep calling and checking the mail to see if the sailing I want goes on sale. Fingers crossed!

For past passengers - the sale was no sale.

At least when Princess ran a special 3 day sale with non-refundable deposits......OMG.. the rates for past pax were incredibly lower than anything else available on the sailing.

Archived