Question about Family Veranda Cabin on Summit

susanrobert

Hi, We are sailing with Celebrity for the first time in many years this summer on the Summit. We currently have FV cabin 8168 but this morning I saw cabin 7199 come available which is on the end. I called Celebrity to ask if that balcony was larger because it appears so in the deck plan but the rep said no.

I was hoping one of you experts could help me. Are the end balconies larger? And is there a difference between 7 and 8? I don't know if I should switch or not.

Thanks so much!!!! :)

Hi

We have stayed in all the aft corner FVs. 7199 & 7202 are the best of the corner FVs, as they have the largest balconies of the Fvs. Also the corner FVs are configured a little different than the interior Fvs, in that they have a private entrance into the cabin from the passageway. If you run out of room to store your luggage it is the perfect place. My favorite cabin on the "M" class, for the price, is 7199.

We had a Corner FOV on the Constellation in November. we were in 9156, on Deck nine, We absolutely loved our corner balcony. It was huge, about 12 feet wide by 25 feet long. It is partially covered, great if it rains, but also for privacy. Actually, if you have the one next door, if someone is out on their corner balcony, they can look right into your non-corner balcony. There are 4 lounge chairs, A full size dining table with 4 chairs and some small side tables. You can have a party for 20 people on that balcony! The only downfall, as others have mentioned, is that the aft portion is solid, no glass, but that is very little impact since the side is all open and you can look all the way up the side of the ship. It gives you about a 280 degree view! I love the wake view, so I would just prop myself up on my chair to see over the solid railing. Also, you have an additional hallway that is a good place to store your empty luggage, and other stuff.

I would grab a corner without hesitation! They are very hard to come by! I am completely spoiled since having this cabin. That is the biggest negative. I have looked for cruises for next year, and I can't find a single corner FOV! GRAB IT! while you can! Enjoy!

We were on the Summit last year in the Med for 2 weeks and had cabin 7199. We loved it!!!! The deck is positively to die for. We were a group of 11 and we had 6 of the cabins on Vista Aft including 7202. If you can get it grab it and run you will not be disappointed. Good luck!!!

• 3 years later...

Archived