Tables for Two

bonni99

Hello- my partner and I are considering an Azamara cruise to the Caribbean in March. I have looked through several posts and they appear to indicate that you could get a table for two at dinner or you could be on a larger table. As we have always been on ships with traditional dining we quite liked having our own table every day and more specifically, always getting a table for two. As a holiday we love being able to spend quality time together, and we really don't like the idea of being on larger tables at dinner.Can anyone offer any insight?

Hello- my partner and I are considering an Azamara cruise to the Caribbean in March. I have looked through several posts and they appear to indicate that you could get a table for two at dinner or you could be on a larger table. As we have always been on ships with traditional dining we quite liked having our own table every day and more specifically, always getting a table for two. As a holiday we love being able to spend quality time together, and we really don't like the idea of being on larger tables at dinner.Can anyone offer any insight?

We had no trouble on our Dec cruise on Journey receiving a table for two in the dining room. We usually went at 6 PM.

Most of the tables-for-2 are positioned in close proximity of other tables-for-2. Generally 3 Tables in a row. Unless you get the "honeymoon tables" located near the entrance to the dining room. We found during the course of the dinner that a conversation would breakout across the tables that included all 6 occupants.

D.

We were on the Quest last year and when we ate in the MDR we had a table for 2 on some occasions and were on a larger table on others, but this was our choice. If a table for two was not available when we went to dinner we were asked if we would like to wait for one or would be happy to be placed on a larger table. It did not bother us to be on the larger ones, but I did overhear people who said they would wait and this was no problem. If you go early or later you would be in a better position to have a small table straight away.

We always felt the same way and have always had a 2 top on HAL. With that said, on smaller lines such as Swan Hellenic and SilverSea (both expedition ships), it was also open seating and we really enjoyed mixing it up, sometimes sitting with others and sometimes by ourselves. Swan Hellenic/Minerva was totally cool for Valentines last year. They just made an assumption that many people wanted to dine alone and had two settings at many large tables as well as little seats arranged in front of windows/ledges overlooking Antarctica..

So, for open seating you can dine alone but I encourage you to try to mix it up a bit as well as you will be surprised at the different people you will meet.

Hi Bonni !

It shouldnt be a problem, as Azamara always tries very hard to accomodate you. As another poster mentioned, several of the tables for 2 are located next to each other, and I thought it was poorly designed. If you get one of those tables, and expect privacy, you wont have it. There are a handful of other tables for 2, and you should ask for 1 of those.

I hope this helps !

We had no trouble on our Dec cruise on Journey receiving a table for two in the dining room. We usually went at 6 PM.

We were always able to get a table for 2 , especially before 7 PM, on our recent Quest cruise in Dec. They were VERY ACCOMODATING, unlike other cruise lines where they imply you are unsocial if you don't want to "share".

That's so true! I hate that implication! Sometimes on a vacation its nice for it to just be me and my partner!

We agree!

We're on a vacation to have some quality bonding time, that our hectic schedules don't allow us to do as much as we would like.

We're social, but this is also time we've designated for "us"

and that's the priority.

and when I write this I'm thinking of ..

the times a travel with DH

and also the times a travel with my mom!

We did 2 cruises on the Quest this year, and we always had a table for 2, anytime we went - no problem!

I travel with my Mom, so it's not about having a romantic dinner, but we like to spend quality time together talking about our day and planning the next! Never once were we made to feel like we 'should' share!

Once, we were given a table in the hallways close to the door to the galley - when we left, I told the Maitre D we didn't care for that table, and from then on, we always received an amazing table, either by the window, or on the podium!

MC

Archived