Galveston hotel shuttle or terminal parking

krisbtr

I hope someone can give me some information on this. We are cruising on the conquest Feb. 14, and are staying at the Holiday Inn Express the night before. Now, for 15$ you can leave your car there and take their shuttle. We were all set to do that until I started hearing some horror stories about how long it takes(hours wait) and the unreliability. My question is this...should we pay to leave our car there and take a cab to the terminal and back(have no idea how much fare is). Or do we just use one of the parking lots near the terminal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I dont think it was Holiday Inn I heard horror stories about how long it took to get to the port, I think it was some other hotel who might have been sharing their shuttle.

Its about 3 miles to the port, so taxi fare wouldnt be more than $15 I figure with tip. I didnt know Holiday Inn was now charging for their shuttle??? It used to be free. This is new if so, thanks for the heads up.

Im always ambivalent. EZCruise is so good, that its a toss up if I will park at the hotel or move my car to EZCruise. Im planning on moving it this next time, but its only a 5 day cruise, so EZCruise is only $30. (same as taxi both ways). I know I can leave Galveston faster if I park at EZCruise, they will be there when I get off bright and early for sure, and have lots of shuttles.

this is the new Holiday Inn express, I think it must be next to the La Quinta on Seawall. I just don't want to be at the mercy of a shuttle that takes forever! If the taxi fare is only $15 one way(for 4 people), including the fee for parking, it would be less than EZ cruise or Lighthouse. I just didn't want to get there and not have any reservations for parking, or be at the mercy of a $50 cab fare!!!

We stayed at thr Hilton and left our car in their parking lot for free all week. The only problem was we arrived pretty late Saturday night and they said the first shuttle available Sunday would be 2:30. :eek: We took a taxi. I think it was $12. When we got back we took the shuttle back to the parking lot. We stopped at a Holiday Inn parking lot to let some other passengers off first. We saw an SUV that had one of the back passenger windows busted out. I'm not sure I'd do this again. I think I'll go back to EZ Cruise next time.

Archived