Fortuna ship time vs port time; March 14/2010 sailing?

Middleager

We're sailing on Fortuna, Sun. March 14/2010. That happenes to be the day daylight savings time begins.

I called Costa to ask what is the ship time, vs port time, in Nassau (8am-2pm), Ocho Rios (8am-2pm), Grand Cayman (9am-3pm), and Cozumel (10am-6pm).

The lady wasn't helpful. She kept on saying we don't need to know, because when we get on the ship we'll find out. I told her I like to know because I'll be arranging some excursions (diving/snorkeling). She then said all the ship's excursions will come back in time, so there's no need to know beforehand. It just seemed like she doesn't know the answer, but doesn't want to admit it.

Would anyone be able to help with the ship time vs port time for those 4 ports Fortuna is going?

Thanks.

The ship's time is always local / port time, doesn't matter if DST or crossing a time zone.

Ron

Oh, is that just Fortuna, or all Costa's ships? That'll mean the ship can be changing its time depending on the port they are going to?

For Carnival, most ships stay on the time of their home port. We had been on a W. Caribbean cruise where one port has the same time, another was 2 hr ahead, and two others were 1 hr ahead. Then last year on Carnival Splendor, the ship changed time before going to one port (PV). So I know Carnival doesn't have consistent way of time across ships.

On all my Costa cruises there have been time changes and 2 DST changes, the time changes are always at night and stated in the TODAY daily program

Ron

Thanks Ron. I see all your cruises are in Europe.

Among Carnival ships cruising out of Florida, they don't even keep the same time, some always go by home port time, some would change time for ports.

So I wonder how Costa Fortuna works, cruising out of FLL for W. Caribbean.

Archived