Conquest - wrap around aft balcony

cpayne

Does anyone have pics of the wrap around aft balcony on CCL Conquest? Thinking of trying our first wrap around and trying to determine if it is worth the extra $$. Are there any extra perks associated with booking this category?

Thanks.

I used this pic from Tom-n-Cheryl to make my decision :)

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

You can see the wraps on decks 6, 7 and 8. We ended up choosing deck 6. Notice the regular balcony to the left of the wrap....it is very long and is priced as an 8A. I hear a lot of people like those for the price. I ended up taking the wrap and family members took the two rooms with those extended balconies......we booked on the Valor which is the same as the Conquest:)

We ended up deciding to splurge & do the AFT wrap around (9C) balcony, deck 7, on the Conquest for our 1st cruise. Can't wait!! :) We made the decision after seeing the Conquest when it was in port one day when we were down in Galveston having lunch. Can't wait for the wonderful large balcony!!

We ended up deciding to splurge & do the AFT wrap around (9C) balcony, deck 7, on the Conquest for our 1st cruise. Can't wait!! :) We made the decision after seeing the Conquest when it was in port one day when we were down in Galveston having lunch. Can't wait for the wonderful large balcony!!

We have been on the conquest 8a extra long (# 6450). We loved the extra long balcony for the regular price.

This time, we are going on the Liberty (again) and splurged for the same cabin as you. We have both aft wraps on deck 7...(db and dsil) are sailing with us. We will eventually have lots of pics....and i'd love to see more too.

I know cruisers who swear by them!!! They book cruises based on whether they can get those wraps or not... You get to see ahead and behind... The sun is more available for enjoying...

Personally, I'm not in the cabin that much -- but if they had a handicapped wrap -- I'd book it for Mom... She's in a wheel chair and loves to sit outside and read...

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

You can see the wraps on decks 6, 7 and 8. We ended up choosing deck 6. Notice the regular balcony to the left of the wrap....it is very long and is priced as an 8A. I hear a lot of people like those for the price. I ended up taking the wrap and family members took the two rooms with those extended balconies......we booked on the Valor which is the same as the Conquest:)

Perfect picture of our aft wrap, 6452 on the Conquest. We love it, had a lot of family and parties on the ship's balcony. Enjooy it if you do.

Hi, I was wondering what the stairs are for shown in the deckplans near the aft cabins? Are they open to cruisers or staff only? Can you use them to go up to the Lido?

Is that back hallway very noisey?

Thanks.

It's a crew stairway. We used it on Victory for the lifeboat drill, but it's not normally open to passengers.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for pics and found this...real good view.

We got the upgrade call yesterday for our trip this weekend.

8428 on the Triumph, I know it is a little different than the

Conquest wrap, but close enough to show a friend what I am

talking about. My 2nd cruise...I hope it doesn't spoil us. :p

We have been on the conquest 8a extra long (# 6450). We loved the extra long balcony for the regular price.

This time, we are going on the Liberty (again) and splurged for the same cabin as you. We have both aft wraps on deck 7...(db and dsil) are sailing with us. We will eventually have lots of pics....and i'd love to see more too.

Very cool. Would love seeing more pics too. When are you cruising?

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all the posts on Cabin 8448. We just upgraded our cabin on the Conquests February 28th, 2010 sailing from 8457 to 8448. Looking forward to checking out the view from the wraparound deck. The different floor plan in the cabin looks interesting too from the pictures posted! From all the Google searches I've done on Carnival's aft cabins I've found very few negative comments. Happy sailing!

• 2 months later...

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

We have the extended balcony next to the wrap balcony on our upcomming cruise in Aug.It is an 8A. My son in law and daughter will be in the extended right next to us. If it opens up we will have one long balcony! Thanks for the pictures!!

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older thread, but I thought I would update with the pictures I took of the Conquest Vista Wrap Cabin 8448. This were taken on the on the February 28, 2010 sailing out of Galveston.

The cabin itself is kind of an odd configuration than the regular balconies and does not look like the stock photo than Carnival uses. From the bathroom you have to walk past the foot of the bed to get over to the corner where the mirror and hair dryer is. The TV hangs out over the walkway and a little tight fit to walk through, although I'm a big guy at 6'4", but just a minor inconvenience.

Great views from the side and aft of the ship on the wrap balcony. I stepped off about 73 feet from one end around the corner to other end of the balcony, so plenty of room.

Drawbacks are: not as much privacy from across the balcony's as the ones on the side of the ship as you can see in the pictures, especially if you are close to the rail. Being the top deck for the aft cabins, 8448 has the best privacy from above, all the lower deck balconies can easily be observed from the ones above because they cascade out. So be careful of any hanky panky on the balcony. Also, as others have stated about aft balconies, you get soot from the exhaust of the ship on the balcony. Not a whole lot but some. So check your chairs before you sit in them. There is a couple of pictures of the soot on the planking. Check out the pictures and decide for yourself if an Aft balcony is for you.

DSCF7657_zpsc080c063.jpg

DSCF7650_zpsff02574c.jpg

DSCF7651_zps5084d1f8.jpg

DSCF7652_zps10f286e6.jpg

You can see the tight squeeze at the foot of the bed:

DSCF7653_zps2a223e3d.jpg

DSCF7654_zpsef0189ca.jpg

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

That's nice.

We had an aft wrap on deck 7 on the Valor. It was huge and we loved it. We spent most of our time out there. The only thing I didn't like about it was that when the ship was moving we were in the shade. We probably would have had the sun on the way back but since it was a repositioning cruise that didn't work out.

Archived