"LIVE" from the Carnival DREAM Western Caribbean itinerary

Steelermoose

I have been watching the ship on the Dream Webcam - so i was very excited to see this live review! We will be on the Dream on 5/15!!!!

Sooooo - the suspense is killing us all!! We want more!!

I do have a question - is there a live tropical band on the Lido? I love the Seaside Theater, don't get me wrong, but I really, really love hearing the tropical music, steel drums, etc. when I'm cruisin!!

Me too Me too!!! I want to know about the live band on the lido deck also. I heard they no longer had one. Please say it aint so!! I just gotta hear " Feeling Hot Hot Hot!!" I also wanted to know if the crew still gives line dancing instructions on the lido deck. That always engages the passengers so much.

Me too Me too!!! I want to know about the live band on the lido deck also. I heard they no longer had one. Please say it aint so!! I just gotta hear " Feeling Hot Hot Hot!!" I also wanted to know if the crew still gives line dancing instructions on the lido deck. That always engages the passengers so much.

The reviews have been saying there is no reggae band (or whatever they are called) but instead there is a duo that has taped music and is not very entertaining. Maybe we all need to post on the Carnival message boards (yes they have their own now!) that we a band back and steel drums! Never know, it might work...

Hi there! This is Tammy (ladycaveat) . . . it was so nice meeting you and Dawn. Who would have thought that a Deputy Sheriff and Criminal Defense Attorney would have so much to talk about? I really enjoyed talking to you at the Meet and Great . . . brief as it was.

I have to second just about everything you've said. Despite the weather, I had a fantastic time . . . can't believe it all ended today. :( The crew was great, the entertainment really good, my table mates couldn't have been more perfect and the food yummy (even with the long lines and trouble finding a table on the Lido Deck for breakfast and lunch).

I was sad that my dolphin swim was canceled in Cozumel due to weather (can we say cold and windy), my submarine excursion canceled in Roatan because of the underwater currents (they were afraid it might damage the fragile coral reefs) and I canceled my snorkling excursion in Belize (felt better in my sweat shirt than a bathing suit . . . it was "chilly" and misting). Costa Maya was beautiful . . . weather perfect and the beach really fun (even got a little "pink").

Just had to add something about the "smell" everyone seemed to mention. The only "smell" I noticed was the food and believe me . . . it was NOT a problem (as I'm sure a weight gain will attest to). Never smelled anything nasty.

Great thread . . . thank you so much for doing this . . . it's like reliving my cruise again . . .:p

Have fun! Do you know anything about Discover Mexico ? It is located about .5 miles from the pier.

I went to Discover Mexico in November and really enjoyed it. I think you can even take a free shuttle there in the morning form the pier. DM is a realtively new cultural museum that contains miniatures of many of Mexico's historic sites. There is also a display of some of the arts and crafts. The little shop is neat and I picked up a couple of scarves that I never saw available any place else. I would recommend visiting DM is you have the time.

They have one . . . for all the sail aways in the ports . . .

A friend told me to check this thread out (thanks Bruce!) because we are going to be on the Dream next month with a group of friends. This is great and I love all the information!

One question though what is a Platinum status? Is it on your 10th cruise or your 11th and what all do you get with the Platinum status?

Thanks and keep the details coming!!!

I'm on the Dream with you :)

and it's the 10th cruise but of course it's probably been answered 10 times since you posted..lol

Archived