"LIVE" from the Carnival DREAM Western Caribbean itinerary

Steelermoose

Thanks again for the amazing review. My family and I are looking to book our first ever cruize on the dream in Nov.

Quick question about your excursion today: Do you think the ATV ride would be doable with young children? (7 and 3) Sounds like it would be fun, but not sure if they would allow the kids to ride as passengers.

Thanks,

Thanks again for the amazing review. My family and I are looking to book our first ever cruize on the dream in Nov.

Quick question about your excursion today: Do you think the ATV ride would be doable with young children? (7 and 3) Sounds like it would be fun, but not sure if they would allow the kids to ride as passengers.

Thanks,

Hi Rigrider...I know the 7 year old would have a great time, but I am not sure the 3 year old may be old enough because they have to ride behind you on the ATV. A 3 year old will most likely not be able to hang on well enough. Thats just my opinion, you could always try though if thats what you really wanted to do.

Could you verify the port side is non-smoking? In about 3 hours I will be booking the Dream for next NYE. (looking at a cat. 8D balcony) We chose rooms on the starboard side, as we were told the port side is smoking!:eek: If this isn't true, I will need to re-examine the rooms available. Definitely want to be on the non-smoking side!

On all the Carnival ships in the Fleet....the staff are instructed to smoke on the Starboard side.

EXCEPT the Dream.

It is the opposite on the Dream... the PORT is the SMOKING SIDE.

This is so that they can take advantage of the lanai area on the PORT side that opens to the bar.

As you know... all the cabins are smoking. But designated smoking areas outdoors on the Carnival ships are on the Starboard side except the DREAM...it is on the PORT side.

I walked them all up on the 5th deck and took them to the stern. The sky was amazing, the stars were so unbelievably bright, and the few moments you stand out there and just hold each other while admiring God’s beautiful creation is something you will always remember. VERY romantic and spiritual too.

GREAT livePost Steeler. We sailed the Dream's 16 Day Transatlantic cruise and LOVED her. Another GREAT area is the Serenity area forward. We sat up there as we went past the Rock...had a nice cozy love seat with the clam shell canopy.....now that is romantic! Check it out if you haven't already! ;)

Hi Rigrider...I know the 7 year old would have a great time, but I am not sure the 3 year old may be old enough because they have to ride behind you on the ATV. A 3 year old will most likely not be able to hang on well enough. Thats just my opinion, you could always try though if thats what you really wanted to do.

Thanks for the heads up, already started looking into it more! :D

Here's one for your spa day: have been searching around for prices on Messages at the spa (we're now looking to book a Spa room, so we can take advantage of the amenities!) but we can't seem to find prices listed anywhere. If you could pass on some basics that would be great! :D

Thanks.

I walked them all up on the 5th deck and took them to the stern. The sky was amazing, the stars were so unbelievably bright, and the few moments you stand out there and just hold each other while admiring God’s beautiful creation is something you will always remember. VERY romantic and spiritual too.

That's the "secret" behind the aft cabins. We book early just to get aft cabins and if we have enough flyer miles to get free airfare, we go the extra money for the aft wrap arounds.....shhh, don't tell anyone;)

GREAT livePost Steeler. We sailed the Dream's 16 Day Transatlantic cruise and LOVED her. Another GREAT area is the Serenity area forward. We sat up there as we went past the Rock...had a nice cozy love seat with the clam shell canopy.....now that is romantic! Check it out if you haven't already! ;)

....we are jealous and green with envy, especially since they canceled all the Europe itineraries that provided twice a year repositioning transatlantic cruises. We were waitng....we thought we had time.... Now we are considering the transatlantic on the new Magic...but it will probably be in the summer of '11 and we swore off cruising during school breaks...been there, done that...and never again with all those kids on the boat.

On all the Carnival ships in the Fleet....the staff are instructed to smoke on the Starboard side.

EXCEPT the Dream.

It is the opposite on the Dream... the PORT is the SMOKING SIDE.

This is so that they can take advantage of the lanai area on the PORT side that opens to the bar.

As you know... all the cabins are smoking. But designated smoking areas outdoors on the Carnival ships are on the Starboard side except the DREAM...it is on the PORT side.

Cr-pola! I just booked 8G balconies on the port side, as everyone said smoking was on starboard. Do you think we will be bothered by smoke/barbeque/bar sounds that "high" up? Does the lanai open on the starboard side? We are in a midship cabin on deck 8- slightly in back of one of the hottubs.

Cr-pola! I just booked 8G balconies on the port side, as everyone said smoking was on starboard. Do you think we will be bothered by smoke/barbeque/bar sounds that "high" up? Does the lanai open on the starboard side? We are in a midship cabin on deck 8- slightly in back of one of the hottubs.

I would think you would be fine. I have been on 7 carnival cruises, always on the starboard side and never new it was the smoking side until this thread. LOL. Shows what I have known. So I guess I will luck out since I booked the starboard side on the dream in June.

Does the lanai open on the starboard side also? Did we make a big mistake booking the port side? BTW - I meant to write an 8D balcony - not 8G. Is it noiser on the port side due to the bar being there, or is the bar on the starboard side also? Maybe I can switch to the starboard side. Thanks for anyone who can anwer this, and can't wait to read more of the review as it happens!

Does the lanai open on the starboard side also? Did we make a big mistake booking the port side? BTW - I meant to write an 8D balcony - not 8G. Is it noiser on the port side due to the bar being there, or is the bar on the starboard side also? Maybe I can switch to the starboard side. Thanks for anyone who can anwer this, and can't wait to read more of the review as it happens!

On any other Carnival ship,......I would say, no problem.

HOWEVER, since the Dream has that deck that goes all the way around the ship..... AND since CIGAR SMOKING is done midship on the PORT side... (basically right under some folks' balconies) ...

I am concerned.

I am not trying to be an alarmist...but since the PORT side Lanai is where they smoke cigars......I would be more concerned about that then cigarettes.

We just finished a cruise on the Dream. Our 6th floor balcony room was above the port side deck 5 lanai. That was the smoking side, cigars included!

I will tell you that it seems the employees dont enforce the non-smoking areas because i have seen NUMEROUS people smoking wherever the heck they want to smoke. I actually had an altercation yesterday as we were on the port side of the lanai, where there should be NO smoking on the lania deck at all. I made a comment to my wife about moving because i couldnt stand th cigareete smoke and some lady told me to take my a$$ somewhere else. Of course, i let her know my thoughts about her comment which was unneccessary, and she looked as though i was gonna kill her. lol anyway. I will have a special long post later in the day. Have been busy very busy

....we are jealous and green with envy, especially since they canceled all the Europe itineraries that provided twice a year repositioning transatlantic cruises. We were waitng....we thought we had time.... Now we are considering the transatlantic on the new Magic...but it will probably be in the summer of '11 and we swore off cruising during school breaks...been there, done that...and never again with all those kids on the boat.

There have been rumors that Carnival will return to Europe in 2011. If that is the case, since the Magic is already there, it most likely will stay for the summer and do the Transatlantic in the fall. So there's a non summer Transatlantic cruise for you.:)

I will tell you that it seems the employees dont enforce the non-smoking areas because i have seen NUMEROUS people smoking wherever the heck they want to smoke. I actually had an altercation yesterday as we were on the port side of the lanai, where there should be NO smoking on the lania deck at all. I made a comment to my wife about moving because i couldnt stand th cigareete smoke and some lady told me to take my a$$ somewhere else. Of course, i let her know my thoughts about her comment which was unneccessary, and she looked as though i was gonna kill her. lol anyway. I will have a special long post later in the day. Have been busy very busy

I love responding to someone that makes a comment to or about you, and when you do put them in their place their either speechless or "Oh No He Didn't"!

We were on Dream last week and are non-smokers, but smoking is allowed on Deck 5 port side. Even cigar smoking is allowed outside on deck 5. I don't know that things would have changed since last Saturday, so I can understand why someone would be angry with you when you were in the smoking area. I'm not saying what was said was right though.

That's one of the reasons we chose starboard side deck 8 for our cabin. We didn't want to be in the area of smoke and noise later at night. As it was there were some people in the hot tubs on starboard side at night and even though they were not talking loudly, their voices carried.

A friend told me to check this thread out (thanks Bruce!) because we are going to be on the Dream next month with a group of friends. This is great and I love all the information!

One question though what is a Platinum status? Is it on your 10th cruise or your 11th and what all do you get with the Platinum status?

Thanks and keep the details coming!!!

A friend told me to check this thread out (thanks Bruce!) because we are going to be on the Dream next month with a group of friends. This is great and I love all the information!

One question though what is a Platinum status? Is it on your 10th cruise or your 11th and what all do you get with the Platinum status?

Thanks and keep the details coming!!!

the platinum status comes with your 10th cruise. you get a silver sign and sail card and benefits include VIP check in and debarkation, special gift and pins, stationary, a plate of goodies one night, VIP lines at the pursers, guaranteed dining times, complimentary slot or blackjack tourney entry, complimentary laundry service and free $5 tokens for the arcade for anyone under 18! that is most that i can remember.

the platinum status comes with your 10th cruise. you get a silver sign and sail card and benefits include VIP check in and debarkation, special gift and pins, stationary, a plate of goodies one night, VIP lines at the pursers, guaranteed dining times, complimentary slot or blackjack tourney entry, complimentary laundry service and free $5 tokens for the arcade for anyone under 18! that is most that i can remember.

Just a note that the complimentary laundry service is "wash and fold" only. No dry cleaning or ironing. There are also h’orderves delivered one night as well as the plate of petit fours goodies on another night mentioned by CCLgoddess.

Archived