Wish for Newer Ship in Charleston !!!

Dana Deem

The Fantasy is a beautiful ship! I sailed on her just under a year ago and she has TONS to offer!

I'm positive the folks in Mobile would be glad to trade you for the Fantasy...

:)

Absolutely!! If you don't want the Carnival Fantasy, we'll be glad to keep her here in Mobile.

Some people cruise for the ship, some cruise for the ports, some cruise to eat, some cruise for a tan. There are many good reasons. Each person has to weigh what's most important to them, then pick a cruise that meets that. I like ports, so I understand wanting a longer cruise going to better places. I really wish that Carnival would offer 10-12 day Southern Caribbean cruises out of Florida.

Still, for people who cruise for the ship, they ought to love sailing on the Fantasy. The Fantasy class is probably the best class of ship that's out there. I've been on just one, and it's been my favorite, and it didn't even have the upgrades. I've been on the Holiday class and the Conquest class also. The Fantasy is not too small and not too large. Bigger isn't always better.

I have to laugh at all the responses in here.

Some whiner from 4-5 hours away from Charleston complains and everybody in Mobile and NO acts like Charlestonians are the ones complaining...:rolleyes:

Charleston should be able to handle any size cruise ship, maybe even the Oasis monstrosity, judging by the ridiculously large container ships that dock right next to the cruise ship pier. (every time I think I've seen the biggest ship I could imagine, some new humongous ship is docked)

Like somebody already stated the Glory has been here before and is scheduled twice this year, so clearly the Conquest class is fine here.

Personally, as a Fantasy class fan, I am extraordinarly happy to have THE Fantasy coming here full time.

So to all the former port home's of the Fantasy, too bad, we will be happy to keep her awhile.:D

I'll take the Fantasy back from you if you don't want it!

You got that right. If they don't want her, she can stay right where she is. Some people never appreciate anything.

Please, if you don't want the Fantasy let us keep her in Mobile! I just got off yesterday and had a wonderful time. The ship looks great and love the refurb!

Ditto above.

I have been on the Liberty, Glory, Fascination, Elation and two weeks ago the FANTASY. Relax ... you are going to love her!!!! The evolutions of fun upgrades were wonderful. I'm with the majority ... wish there was a little diffferent itinerary for the 5 night cruises (perhaps Key West & Half Moon) but I will be doing the Nassau/Freeport this coming Halloween. The way I look at it is Charleston is my 3rd Port of call with so much to see and do.

I agree! At least they added Half Moon and it's not all 3 day cruises.

Are there any 3 or 4 day cruise dates out of Charleston? We do a 7 day each year but I would love a 2nd cruise...just don't have enough time off at work to take a 2nd full week. Would love to do the long weekend thing. And being from SC I could get there in 3 hrs so maybe do the last minute highly discounted fares???

Archived