Wish for Newer Ship in Charleston !!!

Dana Deem

My New Year's Wish is for a newer ship in Charleston. Carnival, there comes a time when old is TOO old. I would say they could keep it full if it were newer than the coming Fantasy!

We have a longer ride by car to Baltimore, but the ship is bigger & brighter, so that's where we'll be headed. Maybe the Glory! That would give us east coast peeps a choice! Anyway, just hoping out loud!! ;)

I would think it would be hard to bring a newer ship in to Charleston because of the size of the port.

Most of the new ships are so big, I doubt they could accomodate them in Charleston, could they?

I am sailing on the Fantasy in September and I can't wait!

I sailed on the NCL Majesty from Charleston 2 years ago.

Charleston is within a reasonable driving distance for us.

I've also sailed from ports I had to fly to on new, big ships as well.

I have fun on a cruise either way, big or small, new or older.

I just consider myself lucky to be able to drive to a port to cruise at all....regardlesss of the size of the ship...not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to do that.

I would think it would be hard to bring a newer ship in to Charleston because of the size of the port.

Most of the new ships are so big, I doubt they could accomodate them in Charleston, could they?

I am sailing on the Fantasy in September and I can't wait!

I sailed on the NCL Majesty from Charleston 2 years ago.

Charleston is within a reasonable driving distance for us.

I've also sailed from ports I had to fly to on new, big ships as well.

I have fun on a cruise either way, big or small, new or older.

They have run the Miracle a few time from SC but not too sure about a CQ class being up there..

Also being a new port they might not put the big one up there til they know they can sell out the small ones quick..they are pry just using the FA as a tester to find out...CCL loves to sell at %110. lol :rolleyes::D

People are complaining who are in Mobile, because the Fantasy already has the upgrades, and they got the unupgraded ship.

.... and you havent even gotten the ship and not happy. Poor Carnival!!! lol

.... of course Im hoping Magic sails out of Galveston :D

out of charleston & baltimore (both within a day's drive of me), my complaint is the itineraries not the ships:confused: ; same as the newer ships on all the lines. I understand there's no need to offer a flashy itinerary if the ship is profitable with fewer/closer ports, just don't have to like it

Actually, in today's Post and Courier, there was a letter from Jim Newsome, president and CEO of the SC State Ports Authority, stating, "...let me assure you that our cruise terminal will continue to be a one-berth, one-ship terminal. The ships calling here will be of a size and scale that fits with Charleston. After all, we want the cruise business to compliment Charleston, not compromise it."

While I think living here in the lowcountry is a Dream, we'll never see her in port!

The ship is fine and I was excited to have another port to "drive" to (about 3 1/2 hrs away :)) so I will gladly take it! Even with the taxes in that port coming out $100 more than other ports (for 3 people in a cabin) we would use that in gas driving further each way! We are hoping to find a cruise that will fit our schedule this May!

I am more than happy with the Fantasy,she was my first Carnival ship. Since then I have sailed almost all classes including the Dream, but in my heart the Fantasy class is still my favorite.And I love the idea that if I get a last minute long weekend, I can just run down the road.Im not crazy about the itinerary but just put me on the ship,thats what Im sayin:D

People are complaining who are in Mobile, because the Fantasy already has the upgrades, and they got the unupgraded ship.

.... and you havent even gotten the ship and not happy. Poor Carnival!!! lol

.... of course Im hoping Magic sails out of Galveston :D

Sorry Fire, but you are just going to keep driving up to NOLA if you want to cruise on the Magic.:p

I guess I don't get the itinerary gripes...Half Moon Cay? Grand Turk? LOVE 'EM!!! :D (ok...I'll give ya that Nassau isn't the best! lol) We enjoy Key West, also. If I never see Freeport again, I'll be just fine.

And to everyone who's being a meanie to the OP: I think it was more of a tongue-in-cheek post. I live in SC, and we're thrilled that we're getting a Carnival ship so close, but yeah...I'd love to see the Glory docked there full-time. The port is certainly big enough to handle one that size, as the Glory actually comes through on occasion. And I'm really glad to see the old X ship heading out. Not a fan...

The thing with Charleston is that unlike some other ports, the place is GORGEOUS and there's tons of stuff to do. Anyone who's never been, you'll be in for a treat. The old homes, the food, the history, the fort...did I mention the food?!?...it's a great place.

Looking forward to booking something for later in the summer. We're only three hours away from the port! Woo-Hoo!

My New Year's Wish is for a newer ship in Charleston. Carnival, there comes a time when old is TOO old. I would say they could keep it full if it were newer than the coming Fantasy!

We have a longer ride by car to Baltimore, but the ship is bigger & brighter, so that's where we'll be headed. Maybe the Glory! That would give us east coast peeps a choice! Anyway, just hoping out loud!! ;)

When was the last time you were on the Fantasy. I'm 15 minutes from Baltimore and will be traveling to Charleston Oct 30 to Jump on HER......Can't wait!!

This isn't bright....

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

I wish Tennessee had a port...

Shy

Being a Volunteer myself...I wish with you! I will take my landlocked family to Mobile though and enjoy what I can get! :rolleyes: We are looking forward to a Bermuda Iten as well...I would love to go there!

Being just a 10 minute drive from the port I am too excited to have the Fantasy here. It was the first ship I ever sailed on in 1997 and ready to see the upgrades they made to her. To me the itinerary is not important just to be able to get away for a few days and relax and not go far to do it makes it great.:D

I sailed the Victory out of Charleston so size will never be a problem. Hey I am happy with the Fantasy coming to Charleston. I have sailed her prior to the Evolutions and loved her then and will love her in the future.

Archived