What would happen if....

bfkkbc

.....the captain changes the port days?? As in flip flops the days you will be in your ports? We are supposed to be in Grand Cayman on Wednesday and Cozumel Thursday. We have reservations to go to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, if the ports are flip flopped we will be able to use our reservations at Nachi on Wednesday??? Just curious, it is supposed to be windy for Grand Cayman so we may not be able to tender and thought the captain might just do the old flip flop routine..... Thanks.:p

Frances

Through a private vendor Island Marketing....

This is an issue that you ALWAYS have to verify when booking a tour that is not through the cruise line. You have to find out what the tour company's cancellation policy is.

If you don't make it to port on that day, Nachi won't charge you for the day. However, if you still want to go there, you would have to make reservations for the day you will be there. Last time I was at Nachi, there were only about 20 people there, so I suppose you could try showing up to see if they have room, but I don't think it would be guarenteed, especially if there are a lot of ships in port.

Happen to me on the inspiration 2 years ago. There was a tropical storm we went to Cozumel first not Grand Cayman. If you had any tours booked threw carnival they took care of it. if you booked them on your own your are responsible to change your resveration. It doe's hapeen from time to time when they switch ports

They can change at their discretion so I always book thru the ship. Even if it costs a little extra. That way it is guaranteed and you don't have to make phone calls from the ship to talk to someone about the cancellation.

I always find out the cancellation policy before I book with an independent and most reputable companies will obviously not charge you if your ship does not show up! As for switching dates - again that might be affected by availability. You can always contact your tour company by internet while on the ship (not as expensive as phoning!!)....to see if you can make a switch. I have done that on several occasions when I wanted to add a new 'cruise' friend to our tour and the internet communications worked great!

For the quick replies. I hope we don't have any issues with weather, but with Grand Cayman you never know!!! We are getting the internet package on board to stay in touch with the kiddies, so if we need to, we can contact Island Marketing that way. So far they have been very helpful and great to deal with. Thanks again!!! See ya in a week:D

We cruised in Sept. 09 and I received an email from Nachi that our dates had been changed. I was a little confused as to why. Then about 4 hours later received an email from Carnival telling me our ports had been switched. I found it quite interesting that Nachi got the info to me before Carnival. Then the day we were to arrive at Cozumel our arrival time was delayed due to a Mexican holiday. I was really concerned that our massage times would be lost. So I payed for the internet and sent them an email. When we arrived at Nachi they had received the email and rescheduled our massages. They are pretty good to deal with and I don't think you'll have any problems.

Our 2007 cruise had a medical emergency that flipped our ports. We had independent tours booked in Grand Cayman with Nativeways and Cozumel with Island Marketing.

I emailed Nativeways from the ship and they said they were aware of our situation and would have a special tour for our ship since we would be arriving later in the morning than normal.

Island Marketing email me and said they were aware of our schedule change and to just email them to verify that we would still like to do the tour on our new port day.

Very easy!

Archived