Breaking News P&O is safe!

geecee1

Good for RCI, perhaps the OV cruisers will be happy then.

Yes perhaps they will. Perhaps they will all go to RCI, abandon P&O and make P&O regret their decision. Where they expect to get all the extra pax to fill the 2010/2011 berths is beyond me!

Good for RCI, perhaps the OV cruisers will be happy then.

I like the look of Celebrity, but as has been said they have formal nights.

I do not fancy the 15% extra on drinks and of course tips are far higher than with P&O.

Dai

The inlaws are the equivalent of gold tier with Celebrity but we talked them into trying P&O (Oceana). They seemed to really enjoy it but naturally the comparisons were going on in their mind. They thought the food, entertainment and check in/out procedures were better on P&O but felt the cabin and service were better on Celebrity.

While they thought the actual cabin cost on P&O was higher (which may be a side effect of the status they have with Celebrity), they did think that generally onboard costs were quite a bit lower on P&O.

The other comment they made though was 'too many brits', they preferred the more cosmopolitan ambience of Celebrity.

P&O will always be better than RCI as your bill at the end will be double. The staff make you feel obliged to tip them especially as you have to have room service as there are no tea and coffee making facilities . Bummer. And you'll have to fly to the USA and load up your own cases . Enjoy !

On Celebrity they charge full price for children & expect them to tip $US12 a day too (even babies!), also on top of the auto tip amount of $12/person the staff appear to expect a cash tip as well. The auto/prepaid tip is looked at as a service charge. It appears that barstaff also expect a tip on top of the 15% already charged on the bill. Americans tip everything that moves!! I have said that I think the staff on Eclipse will get a shock when they start sailing from Southampton!!

So in a nut shell there it is ! Tip city on Yankee ships ! It does my head in the fact you are left feeling awkward because of it. Better the devil you know sail on P&O ! Now that's a good slogan !

Stitch x

Just letting people know...I wish someone that knows more than I do would start a thread outlining the main differences between US & UK lines

Archived