MSC cruise to Iceland in June 2010

I've booked a 12 day cruise on the MSC Poesia leaving from Kiel on 4 June 2010 which stops at Bergen, Torshavn (Faroe Is.), three ports in Iceland: Akureyri, Isafjordur, and Hafnarfjordur, before returning, stopping at Lerwick (Shetland Is.) and Kiel.

Can anyone who has been on a similar cruise or visited these ports give me some tips? The excursions sound interesting, especially those in Iceland.

We did MSC to the Baltic last summer and the one thing to keep in mind when planning your excursions is the very short time MSC spends in each port. When we booked we did not notice that most ports were only 5-6 hours. If you need to tender or take a shuttle this becomes a very, very brief visit. Also the time of day you are in port can be a bit odd. Be sure that you take this into account when making your arrangements. Have a great trip.

We usually take the ship's excursions which are timed for the specific port call. I know the private tours cost less but we enjoy being with a group sharing the same experiences. Out of all we've taken I can remember only one or two that we didn't like - due to poor performance on the part of the guide.

Second question I forgot with the first post: What kind of weather may we expect? What temperature ranges - wind chill - rain, etc. Thanks.

Archived