Private Tours Dublin

Dublin is quite compact. There is a hop-on-&-off double decker bus tour I would suggest and once you get your bearings, you can walk around the city center. If you have time, one of the stops on the double decker bus is the Guiness Factory... interesting and lots of fun... after the factory tour, you make your way up to the glass enclosed area at the top of the factory for a complimentary glass of Guiness and a wonderful 360 degree view of the city.

Be prepared to meet some of the most friendly people in Dublin you'll ever meet anywhere!

Sandy

I very much agree with Sandy R..you do not need a private guide in Dublin unless,of course,this is the way you want to go.The hop/on bus is a great way to see the city and the city sights are very walkable as well.Wonderful place to spend time in checking out all 700 pubs...;)

Is it easy to get to the hop on hop off bus from where the ship docks? Is it within walking distance or would we need to get a cab?

Thanks for your help. I have seen the bus on a few websites, but was not sure how to catch up with their stops.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Gerry

Is it easy to get to the hop on hop off bus from where the ship docks? Is it within walking distance or would we need to get a cab?

Thanks for your help. I have seen the bus on a few websites, but was not sure how to catch up with their stops.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Gerry

You will need to take a cab into the city center..Grafton Street area or if the ship offers a bus in as well you can go this way.You can get the Hop/on bus really any where in the city center..you will see the stops. They do start right down from Grafton Street which is the main shopping areabut you can get on them at any stop.When you are done..just grab a cab back to the dock/ship area.Have fun.Oh to have a Guinness there..........:)

There are two different operators which run the tour buses - most of their stops are right next to each other but one has at least one extra stop. We were in Dublin in November. In addition to the Guinness tour we really enjoyed the tour of Kilmainham Gaol. The Old Jameson Distillery also conducts tours - if you are so inclined and lucky you may be chosen for a taste test of 5-6 different drinks including Jameson's irish whiskey and some bourbon. I found some useful information on visitdublin.com

Archived