port vila on a sunday

aussiescouser

Hi guys just relised that we are in vila on a sunday, is everything closed on a sunday or do they open with a cruise ship in!!! will be very disappointed if its a ghost town:(

We have been there on a Sunday. The tourist places like Fung Kuei and the markets were open, althought there were a few less market stalls. Other businesses not oriented towards tourists (like the pharmacy) were closed.

Go over to Irriki island instead....after you have done your duty free shopping which will be delivered to the ship for you.:)

one of our paxs on our last cruise went over to Irriki and it cost them big time for lunch and they came back with a belly ache....the lunch didnt agree with them

rkmw

I'm on the same cruise and I've booked to go zorbing in the afternoon as I'm assuming most things will be shut. I've booked it directly and it's heaps cheaper than booking through the ship.

Hope to meet you on board!

one of our paxs on our last cruise went over to Irriki and it cost them big time for lunch and they came back with a belly ache....the lunch didnt agree with them

rkmw

Thats disappointing...I thought that the cost of going to Irriki wasn't that much and that it was rather nice over there..perhaps someone who has been there recently has more information.

The other thing you can do is visit some of the resorts on Erakor Lagoon..just a

Thats disappointing...I thought that the cost of going to Irriki wasn't that much and that it was rather nice over there..perhaps someone who has been there recently has more information.

The other thing you can do is visit some of the resorts on Erakor Lagoon..just a

We went over to Iririki Resort last Oct and it cost $20 each for the little ferry to take you over, but the cost can be redeemed for food and drink on the island. We brought burgers for lunch and had 1 drink each. We had to pay an extra $20, which wasn't too bad, but the meal was only fair. We had been there in May as well and the meal and service was much better then.

We will be looking for something different next time.

We too will be in Vila on a Sunday. If the markets are closed is there anywhere you can go to buy local 'markety' stuff?

We were in Vila on a Sunday in 2009 and there were quite a few market stalls open. The main difference we noticed was that the main street was quieter than usual.

I'm on the same cruise and I've booked to go zorbing in the afternoon as I'm assuming most things will be shut. I've booked it directly and it's heaps cheaper than booking through the ship.

Hope to meet you on board!

I have booked the zorbing through P&O. Who did you go through and how much did it cost? Can you please let me know the details brossy at aanet dot com dot au.

Thanks a million :D

Rose, you mad devil, you! :eek: Once you're in that thing you can't get out until they let you. :eek:

Actually, I'm sure it would be amazing. The hairiest thing I've done a couple of years ago - climbed a gum tree to try the 'flying fox'. Didn't want to let go, but figured it would be worse to climb down the tree again. It was fun in the end! :)

Rose, you mad devil, you! :eek: Once you're in that thing you can't get out until they let you. :eek:

Actually, I'm sure it would be amazing. The hairiest thing I've done a couple of years ago - climbed a gum tree to try the 'flying fox'. Didn't want to let go, but figured it would be worse to climb down the tree again. It was fun in the end! :)

I dare you to try it when you cruise later this year :D:D:D. I can't wait, always wanted to try it and now I finally get my chance...yay!!!

Archived