Got my Documents today. WOW

mapsmith

As Ernie has pointed out, the MSC Documents Package is impressive. The Bag Tags are much better than Carnival or Royal Caribbean. The "On-Board" book is in several languages and is well done (although there are some small grammatical errors in the English portion)

The packet re-excites me about this cruise.

Only two more weeks.

Mapsmith you will find many, many spelling and gramatical errors on board Opera as documents are translated into English. It is not something they are particularly good at. However after a while it becomes pretty funny as you search for them particularly in the port information. The ship is beautiful. Enjoy your cruise.

Mapsmith - we are set to sail Opera 2/5/05 and wondered if any info about shore excursions come with the documents?

There is a very nice shore excursion book that comes with the documents. There is no pre-booking though.

Ernie

As Ernie has pointed out, the MSC Documents Package is impressive. The Bag Tags are much better than Carnival or Royal Caribbean. The "On-Board" book is in several languages and is well done (although there are some small grammatical errors in the English portion)

The packet re-excites me about this cruise.

Only two more weeks.

Mine arrived today. I am not impressed. However:

Did your read (in that 'fancy' book that: "Restaurant doors CLOSE 15 minutes after the announcement"? (The same is not posted in any other language. Perhaps they just close the doors for Americans?)

MC

Did your read (in that 'fancy' book that: "Restaurant doors CLOSE 15 minutes after the announcement"? (The same is not posted in any other language. Perhaps they just close the doors for Americans?)

MC

Why aren't you impressed? Do you have any regard or appreciation for set dining times? Celebrity and most other cruise lines which offer two dinner sittings have the same policy. It's not fair to the dining room staff if you don't show up on time. Dinner at 8pm (or whatever time is listed) means 8pm, not 8:30. There is always the Lido buffet if you don't want to adhere to the set dining times, so it's not like you will starve. It's this "me-mentality" and lack of consideration for others that gives Americans a bad name abroad. :mad:

I'm quite certain the policy applies to all passengers, not just Americans. FYI, the English version of the booklet was not created just for Americans (as you may think), but for any MSC passenger that happens to speak English, regardless of where they live. This could include Great Britain, Australia, Canada, and countless other places.

If the idea of set dining times bothers you, may I suggest NCL or Princess which both offer an open dining program. Just be prepared to wait 20-30 minutes for a table during peak times.

Ernie - who is amazed about what people get bothered about.

Why aren't you impressed? Do you have any regard or appreciation for set dining times? Celebrity and most other cruise lines which offer two dinner sittings have the same policy. It's not fair to the dining room staff if you don't show up on time. Dinner at 8pm (or whatever time is listed) means 8pm, not 8:30. There is always the Lido buffet if you don't want to adhere to the set dining times, so it's not like you will starve. It's this "me-mentality" and lack of consideration for others that gives Americans a bad name abroad. :mad:

I'm quite certain the policy applies to all passengers, not just Americans. FYI, the English version of the booklet was not created just for Americans (as you may think), but for any MSC passenger that happens to speak English, regardless of where they live. This could include Great Britain, Australia, Canada, and countless other places.

If the idea of set dining times bothers you, may I suggest NCL or Princess which both offer an open dining program. Just be prepared to wait 20-30 minutes for a table during peak times.

I guess it is my turn to say WOW!

Am I the only one here with any sense of humor?

I worry about you enroller,

Miro

BTW Ernie, I am European. Does that help you?

;)

:)

Miro

I guess it is my turn to say WOW!

Am I the only one here with any sense of humor?

I worry about you enroller,

Miro

I guess I'm not a mind reader???? There was nothing in your post that indicated you were joking. I thought you were just another South Florida crank-pot looking to complain about something. Sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

Ernie

MC

Miro

Have to say I read your wordsand formed exactly same impression as Ernie e-roller!

Still trying to figure out why as a European you chose to single out "Americans" as the butt of your english speaking joke!

It is a relief that you were impressed by the booklet after all.

MSC create a perfect atmosphere and ambiance for the best cruise experience and those with a good homour enjoy themselves even more.

So thats another big bonus for you Miro.

By the way I would take your tux. adds to the whole pleasurably experience and makes the event just that little bit special. No good folks complaining that people do not dress - when they have not made the effort themselves.

By the way did you see jknezek reports they do change the sheets every day - another bonus for you. It looks like things are looking up more every day and you could have your best cruise ever :-)

Ernie

You were so right with your comments regarding courtesy. The staff have to completely clear clean and re-set tables after 1st sitting in preparation for 2nd sitting so it is vital people of all nationalities turn up at stated time.

Many times after 2nd sitting waiters again have to once again clean up and re-set tables for breakfast and then report to the late night buffet and start duty there yet again.

While I too like them having a set time for dinner and I always adhere to it and can also appreciate the staff's need for this, I did find that on the Opera it was very much not adhered to by many passengers and also the staff never turned anyone away even when people had the total blatant disregard and nerve to walk into the dining room at 7pm or even a bit thereafter when dinner is called for at 6pm. In the daily program they state that there is a 15 minute grace period however no door is closed and noone is turned away. I thought it was appalling to see people walking in an hour or more late to dinner and seemed to not give it a thought and truly expected to be waited on and in the vicinity near us, they were waited on without question so I give the staff credit for being professional when it came to this issue.

Archived