Triumph out of New Orleans

NitaO

We sailed the Dec 7th cruise and it was full of kids:eek: Some good and some bad;)

Thank you very much. I would love to do a last minute cruise with Carnival and being that I only live 45 minutes away from the port makes it that much easier. I have 3 kids and I didn't want them to get bored.

What about kids at night...walking down to Bourbon...is the atmosphere okay for a 10 and 4 year old? I would like to take them out a night for dinner.

You can find great places to eat in New Orleans without going on Bourbon Street. And no, I would not bring children that age at night to Bourbon Street.

I am looking forward too trying the Triumph in the future. We sailed Fantasy last Jan and it was so much fun. The port is so easy and laid back...Not hectic at all.

We went down 2 days early and had a ball. Never felt unsafe and we stayed at Drury Inn for $99 and had free parking for the duration of our cruise. Plus a happy hour with 2 free drinks and nacho bar and then a full breakfast with waffles in the morning. It was so awesome. We rode the trolley and hit Bourbon street, Garden district and the Cemetaries and had a ball.

We loved NO so much we went back down this summer for a few days and again had the best time. I just love New Orleans.

I say go for it and the best things is we could drive too NO from STL and it only takes 9 hours...Saves on airfare and we love the city.

Michelle

We stayed at the Drury Inn.. further walking distance.. you will be fine at night.. to walk to Bourbon.. go and enjoy:D

We have booked a pre-cruise stay at the Drury Inn also...mainly because of the free happy hour/snacks in the evening and breakfast in the morning.

How did you like your stay? How far of a walk is it to Bourbon Street? Did you take a taxi to get to the port on the morning of the cruise?

We have booked a pre-cruise stay at the Drury Inn also...mainly because of the free happy hour/snacks in the evening and breakfast in the morning.

How did you like your stay? How far of a walk is it to Bourbon Street? Did you take a taxi to get to the port on the morning of the cruise?

Hello,

I just posted too that we stayed at Drury and loved it. It was a couple blocks from Bourbon..We walked most of the time and it took between 5-10 minutes...Not bad at all. We did choose too take a taxi in the morning too port and that was very easy and convenient. The front desk called for us. We walked almost everywhere...except St louis Cemetary no 1 and we drove there. Parking was easy. We rode the Trolley too the Garden District and got off and walked around abit. I just told hubby if we go back too New Orleans this summer lets stay at Drury again...Loved it.

You can find great places to eat in New Orleans without going on Bourbon Street. And no, I would not bring children that age at night to Bourbon Street.

Thanks. I kinda thought so. :)

Archived