Triumph out of New Orleans

NitaO

Triumph is one of the prettiest ships Iv seen of Carnival ships, if you like tastefull, black marble and lights. If you love neon and loud colors, then another ship may suit you better.

It takes about 8 hours to hit the mouth of the Mississippi, so a long time to get to international waters.

Great cruise overall.

I agree with Fire, overall I had a very good time on board the Triumph. Cannot blame Carnival for mother nature smacking us around going and coming. Took a little time to get used to where everything was located, very different from the Holiday or the Fantasy in layout. I very much liked the deck layout on the Lido. Plenty of chairs and areas to find some quite time. No problem ever finding a place to sit and eat. Check out the Noodle bar, excellant fried rice. The big screen was one of my favorite additions. Excellant food in all the venues and first rate entertainment. The CD is a real charactor, very active all over the ship and not to shabby a stand up comedian.

It is a great port - new since Katrina.

Sailing the Mississippi is part of the attraction - no other port offers anything like it. Bars are open when you board and everything else opens shortly after sailing and well before the mouth of the Mississippi. Whether or not you are in international waters is irrelevant - enjoy the river!

And New Orleans has the best food in the world.

We sailed from NOLA 3 times before and love it. As was said, the port is new and they have thier stuff together. You'll be onboard pretty quickly.

It will be worth staying up late to see how they get that huge ship down that river!! The later it gets, the narrower the river seems to be. How they turn some of those corners is amazing to me. You will run about 140 miles on the river before hitting open water around 2am and the farther you go the better it gets!! Do some research on Google and learn a little about the river, the towns along it and the navigation aids so you kind of know where you are at. You will be in open water when you start seeing oil platforms in the water. While you are eating supper the first night you will "feel" the ship turning the tight corners. It's great!!

We love to sail from NOLA and we go a day or two before the cruise and play the city too. Beads, Booze and Boobs is the local jingle. I learned that on the 5 o'clock news!!!

I can't recall what I was doing when we were leaving New Orleans, but I can recall when we left the Gulf of Mexico and entered the Mississippi River!

I was sitting on deck enjoying the view and taking pictures of the oil platforms. When all of sudden the water color is bright blue then a muddy brown (it was like someone drew a line where one side is blue and the other brown). The pilot for the Mississippi portion climb on board (I kid you not) to assist in heading into the mouth of the Mississippi.

It was a true experience as the ship left the wide gulf and headed into the river. I was late to dinner trying to enjoy this.

I'm sailing on the Triumph in April and will be on deck again to enjoy this.

----------------

Now playing: Incognito - Deep Waters

via FoxyTunes

Sailing the Mississippi is part of the attraction - no other port offers anything like it. Bars are open when you board and everything else opens shortly after sailing and well before the mouth of the Mississippi. Whether or not you are in international waters is irrelevant - enjoy the river!

I agree. It is really neat cruising down the Mississippi.

I have other reservations about the city of New Orleans though...

We are going on the Triumph in August. I can't wait. We have only been out of Galveston on the Conquest. I was a little nervous about a new ship, but I have only heard positive comments about this ship. I am also a little nervous about our one night stay in New Orleans. We are staying at the Holiday in French Quarter. We hope to walk around Canel street a little. Probably only while it is daylight. Can't wait to go.

When i get back in a few weeks will give review but when we went on out second cruise it was the Triumph and we loved it but we where fresh meat this will be out 11th cruise with Carnival on the 28th and ive never had a bad experience on any previous cruises.......

We cruised out of New Orleans a couple of years ago-'07-- on the Fantasy (after Katrina) We went three days early and stayed 3 days post cruise.

The info about cruising the river was excellent! We loved looking out and seeing those little towns/homes in the Delta.

As far as New Orleans, we were EVERYwhere day and night! Burboun street was filled with people enjoying life. Police presence was everywhere and they were friendly and helpful! We were a group of 13- ages 14-50 and we walked to and from our hotel (in the art district--Embassy Suites) We stayed in groups but never felt scared or threatened!

Enjoy your cruise!!

My second time out of NOLA on Carnival, first time on the Holiday about 8 years ago. Looking forward to two days prior and then staying one night post. We're trying the P'lace D'Armes right near Jackson Square this time, but have stayed at a half dozen places overall on other trips. If you have time to try the B&B's, there's a bunch to choose from, too. I think we're going to stay at the Royal Street Inn post.

We just got off the Triumph on Saturday.

It was a great cruise.

The Port of New Orleans is convenient because you park literally ON TOP of where you drop your luggage and check in.

You drive up to deck 3 to drop your luggage and then park on 3,4 or 5 and then go down to 1 to get in line ....ride an escalator to deck 2 to check in.

Even if it is raining....you don't get wet!!!

The ship was a lot of fun. Food, service and entertainment as good or better than our other Carnival cruises.

We are going on the Triumph in August. I can't wait. We have only been out of Galveston on the Conquest. I was a little nervous about a new ship, but I have only heard positive comments about this ship. I am also a little nervous about our one night stay in New Orleans. We are staying at the Holiday in French Quarter. We hope to walk around Canel street a little. Probably only while it is daylight. Can't wait to go.

We stayed at the Drury Inn.. further walking distance.. you will be fine at night.. to walk to Bourbon.. go and enjoy:D

We will be there with our kids next month.. 10,5, and 3. Don't worry if your worried about kids being a pain. Mine love Camp Carnival, and on our last cruise they only ate with us once (in MDR) because they would rather eat with the kids!

Thanks for the posts everyone I can't wait to see this! After the last cruise, out of Jacksonville, eww, I figured NOLA would be just a dinky dirty little port like JAX. But now I'm looking forward to it;)

Any more info on Triumph would be great!

Archived