"Your Ticket to Dine" Now Available Fleet-Wide

pintessential

Not in our opinion. Just came off the 1/3 Spirit cruise. The service, ambiance and food at Le Bistro was far, far superior to Cagney's. We had 4 meals in the specialty restaurants. The Trattoria was just OK, Cagney's was OK but not worth an extra $25 each, and we went to Le Bistro twice, it was fabulous. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I can't figure out why anyone would pay a $25 upcharge for teppanyaki dining when I can get that at my favorite Japanese restaurant at home for less. Now, if you're into Sushi, then you may be able to eat enough to justify the upcharge.

I can't figure out why anyone would pay a $25 upcharge for teppanyaki dining when I can get that at my favorite Japanese restaurant at home for less. .

Some of us don't live with you. ;)

I believe the nearest teppanyaki dining to us is about 2 or 3 hrs away-so that's part of why we like it onboard

I can't figure out why anyone would pay a $25 upcharge for teppanyaki dining when I can get that at my favorite Japanese restaurant at home for less.

1) Some people do not have a teppanyaki style restaurant near them at home.

2) Some teppanyaki style restaurants cost that or more at home (I live in Madison, WI, and it's about $25/pp, and I can't imagine we are the most expensive place around)

3) It's vacation and it's fun for some people to do special things. Teppanyaki is something special for many people.

I personally don't care for the style of dining nor the taste of the food (nothing special taste-wise for me), so I won't pay $25 for it, but understand why some would.

There were NO 2/1 deals on our very recent 12/6/09 Star Panama Canal sailing. Only the newly instituted Ticket To Dine program. We did have a new coupon book and used the only dining coupon: Dinner for 2 at Le Bistro gets you ONE free ($10. value) dinner at the Tex Mex restaurant.

You were so lucky - it had not been started on the PC cruise prior to yours. We would've taken advantage of it!

We were on the Dec. 6 cruise on the Jewel. We had a great time and thought the food in the MDR was very good. We had the Romance Package which we paid $79.00 but now is $135. which included Le Bistro. The service was very good but the restaurant was NOT full. As we could tell none of the pay restaurants were over 50% full during the whole trip. It may be with raising cover charges in the pay restaurants NCL is looking for ways to fill them up and this may be a way to fill them. There were no 2 for 1's on our trip, which with restaurants 1/2 empty they should have done.

We were on the Star a few years ago and you had to have reservations to get into Le Bistro - it was packed every night but on the Jewel it was half empty.

A rep I spoke with said it was just on the Pearl and Star (I think was the other ship name he gave me). Said it was available for a few more weeks and would then be evaluated to see if they wish to roll it out fleet wide. I would love to add that as an option for my September sailing. I will continue to keep an eye out and see if it is ever offered.

Anyone hear of this on the Dawn?

So far

Star & Pearl only. Those are the only ships they're running the test on...and unless there has been a change the test is suppose to run thru January. So maybe we'll know more soon

Any recent cruisers know if they offer 2 for 1 deals? They offered 2 for 1 early dining on my 2008 Jewel cruise, but not 2009 Spirit.

I may be interested in this for my Jan Star cruise, but would be disappointed to find out later they offer 2-1 early dining.

We had absolutely NO 2/1 offers at all on the Star for our 13 day Panama Canal sailing in December. We were the first test sailing on the Star for the program, as the folks on the PC cruise before us did not have access to the Ticket to Dine promotion yet, and it proved very popular on our sailing. We did not buy one that trip because we had a coupon book and used the coupon that said if you had showed your Le Bistro specialty receipts for 2 you got one free meal in the Tex Mex. So we went to those two plus DH took me to Cagney's for my birthday. We do hope they have the Ticket to Dine deals for our upcoming Sun cruise!

Careful how you answer this question or the Freedom of Speech Police will have an outburst. Seriuosly, I suggest that as long as a writer is not violating any CC's policy they shouldn't be put down for talking about an experience or sharing and opinion regardless if it is good or bad and if you find you don't like a bloggers thoight process skip whatever they write.

You can bet if NCL really does read these blogs that they welcome the opportunity to look inside the business they are in. Look at what happened with Royal when they made one to many changes you saw

the Royal customers started talking (I'll bet the sister Royal Board was full of comments) and Royal brought back some services they were cutting because they heard the customer.

• 2 months later...

The test program is under review and not yet available on any of NCL's ships.

PE

Just asked our eventcoordinator about this, she said the same thing; no news yet as to what will happen with the program. Damn, I was looking forward to enjoying it. Oh well, we will still enjoy the specialty dining rooms, just at a few bucks more.

Nita

Gee, I feel slighted. :rolleyes:

I'll admit I don't keep up on ALL the threads here. This one started in January?

If it's fleet wide, we never received this offer prior to or while on our Jade cruise in March, and we dined in specialty restaurants 8 out of 12 nights. :eek:

PE, thanks for confirming that it's still under review. Now I feel loved again. :)

Gee, I feel slighted. :rolleyes:

I'll admit I don't keep up on ALL the threads here. This one started in January?

If it's fleet wide, we never received this offer prior to or while on our Jade cruise in March, and we dined in specialty restaurants 8 out of 12 nights. :eek:

PE, thanks for confirming that it's still under review. Now I feel loved again. :)

It was never available fleet wide...it was just a trial on two ships, and discontinued relatively quickly.

I leave on the Star May 8th and have checked with NCL reservations once a month to see if this program was to

be continued. As of today it is still not available on any of NCL's ships. I was told by one representative last year

that they might introduce it on a case by case basis on some cruises that were not sailing full or where there

was low demand for the specialty restaurants. I would guess that perhaps midway through a cruise if they were

seeing low demand they could just offer it for the final half of the cruise or something like that.

Archived