The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Well we could not get a park & cruise package at the Best Western, they told me they did not have any left, so we ended booking at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach at the Pier. Hope we made the right choice, we just wanted to be close to the beach and the Pier for the night. Good price, $79.00 for two double beds plus tax. Includes breakfast. They will let us leave our car there and the shuttle is $8.00 round trip per person.

Cheryl - the Best Western and Days Inn are sisters and if you have any further questions, you can drop Linda a note at ldr@5500northcorp.com and she will be more than happy to help - went to the pier yesterday for brunch and I can truely say, going there at any time just seems to be so calming - anyhow they have a great buffet brunch that you can sit there and eat until your heart and stomach is happy - Now to go in and park, you are charged $10.00, but when you give your server your ticket, you do get it back - man I remember when parking there was free as the wind - oh well its worth it and you do get it back.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Does anyone know of hotels/condos in the area that offer two bedroom suites? My husband is not very keen on sharing a room. The last time we shared we had a snorer in the room with us and I think we might have slept an hour the night before our cruise.

Oh yeah....we'll be there for two nights the Sept 23-25 (if that matters :)) Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know of hotels/condos in the area that offer two bedroom suites? My husband is not very keen on sharing a room. The last time we shared we had a snorer in the room with us and I think we might have slept an hour the night before our cruise.

Oh yeah....we'll be there for two nights the Sept 23-25 (if that matters :)) Thanks for the help.

Try Country Inn and Suites.

Residence Inn. We got upgraded the last time there and they gave us a 2 bedroom suite.

Cheryl - the Best Western and Days Inn are sisters and if you have any further questions, you can drop Linda a note at ldr@5500northcorp.com and she will be more than happy to help - went to the pier yesterday for brunch and I can truely say, going there at any time just seems to be so calming - anyhow they have a great buffet brunch that you can sit there and eat until your heart and stomach is happy - Now to go in and park, you are charged $10.00, but when you give your server your ticket, you do get it back - man I remember when parking there was free as the wind - oh well its worth it and you do get it back.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Shirley that helps, it made it sound like the Pier was right next door. But that is ok, it doesn't sound like it is very far. And thanks for letting me know about the parking at the pier.

Thanks Shirley that helps, it made it sound like the Pier was right next door. But that is ok, it doesn't sound like it is very far. And thanks for letting me know about the parking at the pier.

It is less than a block away, very nice walk and if you go to the Atlantis Restaurant, ask for Theresa, tell her you are from this board and they will give you a nice treat.

You will be fine - BTW also let the hotels know for the credit does have to go to this board.

It is less than a block away, very nice walk and if you go to the Atlantis Restaurant, ask for Theresa, tell her you are from this board and they will give you a nice treat.

You will be fine - BTW also let the hotels know for the credit does have to go to this board.

Shirley you amaze me. Is there anyone you don't know in this town?

I will be sure to ask at for Theresa at the Atlantis, and I will absolutely give credit to this board.

Wow - this is a very helpful thread! I am going to be sailing on the Carnival Pride in August, and I'll be in Port Canaveral on 8/24. We are planning on renting a car from Budget and then going to KSC and probably Merritt Island - do you know if Budget will pick us up from the dock? If so, how does that work, do we call that morning? Do you know which terminal the Pride docks at, or does it depend on the situaition? Thanks so much!

Wow - this is a very helpful thread! I am going to be sailing on the Carnival Pride in August, and I'll be in Port Canaveral on 8/24. We are planning on renting a car from Budget and then going to KSC and probably Merritt Island - do you know if Budget will pick us up from the dock? If so, how does that work, do we call that morning? Do you know which terminal the Pride docks at, or does it depend on the situaition? Thanks so much!

They will shuttle you both ways and I would imagine they will be there but a phone call would not hurt.

They will shuttle you both ways and I would imagine they will be there but a phone call would not hurt.

Thanks! Any thoughts on Merritt Island? I thought it would be a nice change of pace to go out and try to see some nature instead of just hitting another beach - we have 2 kids (12 & 5), so I hope they enjoy it!

Thanks! Any thoughts on Merritt Island? I thought it would be a nice change of pace to go out and try to see some nature instead of just hitting another beach - we have 2 kids (12 & 5), so I hope they enjoy it!

You will travel through North MI to get to KSC. Very nice drive.

You will travel through North MI to get to KSC. Very nice drive.

I'm sorry, I meant after KSC we are going further up to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and we were going to take a drive through that...

Do you recommend the Park n Cruise (Parking Lot outside the Port) as being safe and reliable to the Port Terminal? Cost seems to be a real good deal

Hello oracer,

I had the chance to meet the owners and also had the chance to go out and look at their place and for the money, it really is nice and offer quite a bit of comfort - I see them at the port and appears they are always on time for drop offs and pick ups - on the other hand, a number of our hotels are beginning to make the same offer - Radisson should be receiving new transport vehicles any day now and I see them at the port with their courtier holding a banner up directing them to their bus so you won't get loss - there are a lot of changes going on at the port as they are getting ready for construction on terminal # 6 which will be located right by where the Carnival Sensation, NCL Jewel and Gem come in at.

I'm sorry, I meant after KSC we are going further up to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and we were going to take a drive through that...

This is such a neat and interesting place - I remember when it first opened and the space center was entering into their height of flights - the ride through this wildlife refuge was taking my children on an adventure - there are several eagles who carried the tradition of building/repairing their old nest on top of electric poles every year - it was so amazing - I haven't been out there in so many years, but I can say, it is one of the most interesting rides you will have and enjoy - here is a link to help you better -

http://www.fws.gov/merrittisland/

Hope you and your family truly will enjoy