The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

For you experts..last on my to-do list is the rental car at MCO to Cape Canaveral. Looking at Budget at a minivan (there are 5 of us, adults with luggage) and getting an estimate of 82.00 for the night including liability.

Does that sound good?? I've got to check this off my list!

We have Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar and Enterprise here. I would check them all.

Ok – for the locals, or those with opinions!

We’ve had pre-cruise dinner at Gills, Atlantic Seafood, Boston Beef and Seafood, Roberto’s Little Havana and someplace on the Cocoa Beach pier and have enjoyed all of them. Either we are too easy to please or we are just so happy to be on vacation!

We are looking for a non-chain mid price range dinner restaurant for an upcoming Freedom cruise. Does not need to be fancy, after all we, will get many nice meals on the ship. We probably don’t want a steakhouse. Casual/pizza is fine, as long s they serve alcohol.

Any suggestions

Thanks Marci

Ps – would this question be better in a new thread?

We’ve had pre-cruise dinner at Gills, Atlantic Seafood, Boston Beef and Seafood, Roberto’s Little Havana and someplace on the Cocoa Beach pier and have enjoyed all of them. Either we are too easy to please or we are just so happy to be on vacation!

We are looking for a non-chain mid price range dinner restaurant for an upcoming Freedom cruise. Does not need to be fancy, after all we, will get many nice meals on the ship. We probably don’t want a steakhouse. Casual/pizza is fine, as long s they serve alcohol.

Any suggestions

Thanks Marci

Try Baja's just down the street from Grills. New place. Casual and very good food. Has booze!

We are a party of 10 travelling with 2 infants (2 yrs & 18 months), will be using taxis to various places when not visiting the theme parks in September.

Are taxis readily available with car seats for the kids, know we will most probably have to book in advance and use a couple of vehicles.

Thanks in advance.

We are a party of 10 travelling with 2 infants (2 yrs & 18 months), will be using taxis to various places when not visiting the theme parks in September.

Are taxis readily available with car seats for the kids, know we will most probably have to book in advance and use a couple of vehicles.

Thanks in advance.

I would book in advance.

Any suggestions

Thanks Marci

We loved Rusty's.

Shirley & Preston,

This thread, like the first one, had so many pages that it was difficult to read through. I wish you both would start another thread with the newest info.

Shirley, your thread on Page 44, I think, is wonderful. I have referred many people to it to get info about Pt Canaveral. It would help lots if it were on a new thread. I notice that you aren't posting a lot and that saddens me. I live near Orlando and I think you had a lot of valuable info.

Preston, I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time on the Med cruise.

Shirley & Preston,

This thread, like the first one, had so many pages that it was difficult to read through. I wish you both would start another thread with the newest info.

Shirley, your thread on Page 44, I think, is wonderful. I have referred many people to it to get info about Pt Canaveral. It would help lots if it were on a new thread. I notice that you aren't posting a lot and that saddens me. I live near Orlando and I think you had a lot of valuable info.

Thanks so much. We leave in 3 days!

Shirley & Preston,

First I want to take the time to sincerely thank you and everyone else that reads this thread for all the work so many have contributed to - I realize it is getting long and sometimes it takes so much to find all the wonderful information in it. As for me not posting much, my hubby had to have 2 serious surgeries and between taking care of him and my job, I just hadn't had much chance, but will try to be more alert and take time to do so. I have been putting together another update, but of course that takes a lot of time since we have to make sure all the places such as things to do, things to see, hotels, restaurants, entertainment for adults and kids, are all correct and still around and that everyone is still holding their promise to treat our guest here with respect and do everything possible to leave here with good thoughts.

Not to get off the subject, many walkers or joggers have asked if they could walk or jog to the cruise ships and each time, they have been told that the travel is very heavily dangerous and not to take the chance - well this past Sunday, I passed a young family who were distance walkers, trying to take their luggage on wheels, 2 small children and make it to the port - They put everyone into a very dangerous situation - I turned around when I saw them, loaded them all up into my van and took them to the hotel where they had stayed and seriously advised them, they had to either take a shuttle or cab - their words to me that they had no idea it was that serious or that dangerous. So if you are even thinking about it, please don't and even more put your family is such a dangerous situation.

Anyhow time to get ready for work - Preston have a great time with your girl - wish we were going with you :)

hugssssssssssssssssssssssss from me to all

Edited by snelsonbrown

MUST READ!!!! NEW UPDATE INFORMATION ON THE RADISSON

The Radisson is now providing Ambassdors at all the ships and they can be easily spotted for they will be holding a Radisson banner - it was tried this weekend and was very sucessful.

The Port Authority will NOT ALLOW anyone to be around the main exit from the terminal, but they will direct the cruisers to the Radisson pick up area where you can board your shuttle and there you will find the ambassador to help make you feel safe and comfortable. Each of these ambassadors can communicate with all the other drivers and coorindate each pick-up. Noone should be waiting 20 mins max.

New additional shuttles will be ready within 45 days.

We also now have a personal phone for those that have any questions or need help with transportation. Don't hesitate to take this phone number with you - the Radisson does offer such great people-friendly service and are eager to help in any way they can.

321-868-8715

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Radisson is now providing Ambassdors at all the ships and they can be easily spotted for they will be holding a Radisson banner - it was tried this weekend and was very sucessful.

The Port Authority will NOT ALLOW anyone to be around the main exit from the terminal, but they will direct the cruisers to the Radisson pick up area where you can board your shuttle and there you will find the ambassador to help make you feel safe and comfortable. Each of these ambassadors can communicate with all the other drivers and coorindate each pick-up. Noone should be waiting 20 mins max.

We also now have a personal phone for those that have any questions or need help with transportation. Don't hesitate to take this phone number with you - the Radisson does offer such great people-friendly service and are eager to help in any way they can.

321-868-8715

Thanks Shirley for all your important information.

This our 8th time in Cocoa Beach but the first at the Radisson ( we generally stay closer to the beach). I am becoming increasing concerned and worried about the new procedures. We have an 8 hour drive once we get back to our car and naturally we don’t look forward to delays.

Thanks for posting the phone number. Your updates are a GREAT HELP.

Marci

321-868-8715

Just requested and received a (very nice) response from the Radisson regarding my room reservation made prior to any policy change that I will, in fact , have my room rate and complimentary shuttle and parking.

Printed the page and now one less thing to worry about.

Thanks

M

oh - PS I think we will enjoy Rusty's for dinner. Thanks for all the suggestions.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

No! Its not that far just not safe. The Radisson shuttle will take you or about a $5.00 cab ride.

Sounds good…we come from a VERY small midwest town where 1 mile will take you across town. When I saw that it was a mile away, I thought I would ask :rolleyes:

Sounds good…we come from a VERY small midwest town where 1 mile will take you across town. When I saw that it was a mile away, I thought I would ask :rolleyes:

This area is small as well just congested.