The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hey Preston or anyone else who may know,

Any ideas for Priceline bidding for this area?

Thanks

Brenda

Not me, sorry. I will tell you we have no 4 star. Some of the 3 are Hilton, Radisson and Doubletree. Also no bad properties here. Even the Motel 6 is clean. This area is small so everything is close to the ships.

Hey Preston or anyone else who may know,

Any ideas for Priceline bidding for this area?

Thanks

Brenda

For what it's worth, we got Country Inn and Suites last October (bid in September) for $70. For our cruise this year, we have booked (via their website) Comfort Inn using the senior rate (we don't qualify but our traveling companions do, so we will just play musical rooms after checkin). We are still gonna try priceline but given these rooms were $80 I suspect we will end up keeping what we have.

For what it's worth, we got Country Inn and Suites last October (bid in September) for $70. For our cruise this year, we have booked (via their website) Comfort Inn using the senior rate (we don't qualify but our traveling companions do, so we will just play musical rooms after checkin). We are still gonna try priceline but given these rooms were $80 I suspect we will end up keeping what we have.

Sounds like a good deal!

Hi sorry about double posting this.

I posted it under the general Florida departures heading and have since found this tread specifically about Port Canaveral.

Wondering about the distances between the cruise different lines terminals.

We are thinking about taking 2 separate week long cruises from PortCanaveral.

First week would be on Disney Magic and 2nd week is NCL Sun .

The Disney ship says docking time is approx 9 am the same day as the NCL ship sails.

Thinking that if we drag our heals a bit debarking the Magic we should not be that much too early to board the Sun.

What I'm not sure of is how close each lines terminal's are to each other.

It looks like the Magic uses terminal 8, but not sure which terminal for NCL Sun (Feb 2012).

On the map it looks like terminals 5 and 10 are close to terminal 8 but I'm not sure if the area is pedestrian friendly or not.

Is this something we would need a shuttle or car to get between them for or are they close enough to pull our suitcases between ?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi sorry about double posting this.

I posted it under the general Florida departures heading and have since found this tread specifically about Port Canaveral.

Wondering about the distances between the cruise different lines terminals.

We are thinking about taking 2 separate week long cruises from PortCanaveral.

First week would be on Disney Magic and 2nd week is NCL Sun .

The Disney ship says docking time is approx 9 am the same day as the NCL ship sails.

Thinking that if we drag our heals a bit debarking the Magic we should not be that much too early to board the Sun.

What I'm not sure of is how close each lines terminal's are to each other.

It looks like the Magic uses terminal 8, but not sure which terminal for NCL Sun (Feb 2012).

On the map it looks like terminals 5 and 10 are close to terminal 8 but I'm not sure if the area is pedestrian friendly or not.

Is this something we would need a shuttle or car to get between them for or are they close enough to pull our suitcases between ?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can walk!

I have booked my daughter's wedding on Monarch for October 2012 and I'm looking for 1. a good hair salon to get her hair done early in the morning before the wedding and 2. a nail salon where I can take the bride and her attendants for mani/pedis the evening before we sail. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I want some place decent and reliable.

This thread is AWESOME, by the way. These are answers you can only get from locals! Thank you guys!

I have booked my daughter's wedding on Monarch for October 2012 and I'm looking for 1. a good hair salon to get her hair done early in the morning before the wedding and 2. a nail salon where I can take the bride and her attendants for mani/pedis the evening before we sail. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I want some place decent and reliable.

This thread is AWESOME, by the way. These are answers you can only get from locals! Thank you guys!

Shirley I will let you field this one...

We are thinking about making reservations at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach for our November cruise. Can anyone give me any feedback about this hotel? We will also be leaving our car there while we are on the cruise because they have a Park and Cruise package.

We are thinking about making reservations at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach for our November cruise. Can anyone give me any feedback about this hotel? We will also be leaving our car there while we are on the cruise because they have a Park and Cruise package.

Its a nice property and great location with the pier next door and a grocery store across the street.

OK if you will click just above my name, you will find the information you need but I will give it to you for "just in case" - one that is very experienced in dealing with brides and their hair is called DeMarco which was Clip N Save - they do it all including day spas - their phone number is 321-866-9000 and ask for Ella - she will even advise you what is best and if you mention this board, she will give you a discount - if you want to go somewhere else for the pedi/manicure, contact Hollywood Nails in Cocoa Beach - they are also excellent.

Good luck and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!1

OK if you will click just above my name, you will find the information you need but I will give it to you for "just in case" - one that is very experienced in dealing with brides and their hair is called DeMarco which was Clip N Save - they do it all including day spas - their phone number is 321-866-9000 and ask for Ella - she will even advise you what is best and if you mention this board, she will give you a discount - if you want to go somewhere else for the pedi/manicure, contact Hollywood Nails in Cocoa Beach - they are also excellent.

Good luck and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks Shirley! This is exactly what I needed. We're coming down for another cruise in November of this year so I'll drop by and check them out. We're running the Space Coast Marathon and then heading out on Freedom of the Seas to recover. We'll be coming in early so that we're fresh for the race, so I'll have time to poke around a bit. Looking forward to it!

I have a question for psbcap (or anyone else that can help)....with the 72 hour sale that Southwest is having right now, it may be cheaper for us to fly. We usually drive down from Virginia to Port Canaveral and spend a couple of days in Cocoa Beach. If we do fly, my question is about renting a car. We'd fly into Orlando and rent a car and then drop it off at the Port. I've tried doing a search for this, but it won't let me drop the car off at a different location. When the cruise is over and we head back to the airport, is it cheaper to get a shuttle to the airport or rent a car and drive to the airport? Since we've never done this before, all the help and advise you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Terri

I have a question for psbcap (or anyone else that can help)....with the 72 hour sale that Southwest is having right now, it may be cheaper for us to fly. We usually drive down from Virginia to Port Canaveral and spend a couple of days in Cocoa Beach. If we do fly, my question is about renting a car. We'd fly into Orlando and rent a car and then drop it off at the Port. I've tried doing a search for this, but it won't let me drop the car off at a different location. When the cruise is over and we head back to the airport, is it cheaper to get a shuttle to the airport or rent a car and drive to the airport? Since we've never done this before, all the help and advise you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Terri

Two one way rentals work great plus then you have a car while you are here. Just remember they are in the city of Cape Canaveral not Port Canaveral and we have Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise and Thrifty/Dollar. They will all shuttle you the five minutes to/from the ship.

Two one way rentals work great plus then you have a car while you are here. Just remember they are in the city of Cape Canaveral not Port Canaveral and we have Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise and Thrifty/Dollar. They will all shuttle you the five minutes to/from the ship.

The location code for Budget is CC5.

Well we could not get a park & cruise package at the Best Western, they told me they did not have any left, so we ended booking at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach at the Pier. Hope we made the right choice, we just wanted to be close to the beach and the Pier for the night. Good price, $79.00 for two double beds plus tax. Includes breakfast. They will let us leave our car there and the shuttle is $8.00 round trip per person.

Well we could not get a park & cruise package at the Best Western, they told me they did not have any left, so we ended booking at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach at the Pier. Hope we made the right choice, we just wanted to be close to the beach and the Pier for the night. Good price, $79.00 for two double beds plus tax. Includes breakfast. They will let us leave our car there and the shuttle is $8.00 round trip per person.

Cheryl its not super close to the pier but still a good location.

Read on our roll call for the Dream leaving on July 9th that the space shuttle is taking off on the 8th. It was reported that there might be a ton of traffic in Port Canaveral on July 8th and if so to be prepared...

For those of you living locally do you know what this could mean for us tourists coming in Friday early evening.. Our flight gets to MCO about 4:30 and after gathering our luggage, picking up a rental car I anticiapte we should be arriving somewhere between 6 - 7 PM.....

Help? or will it all be gone by then?

Read on our roll call for the Dream leaving on July 9th that the space shuttle is taking off on the 8th. It was reported that there might be a ton of traffic in Port Canaveral on July 8th and if so to be prepared...

For those of you living locally do you know what this could mean for us tourists coming in Friday early evening.. Our flight gets to MCO about 4:30 and after gathering our luggage, picking up a rental car I anticiapte we should be arriving somewhere between 6 - 7 PM.....

Help? or will it all be gone by then?

It will all be gone and whats left will be going the other way.