The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Coming off the Carnival Dream, what time do you ask the limo company to pick you up? We don't have an early flight out; in fact, we don't fly out until the next day and are not in a big hurry to get off the ship. Thanks to this thread and all your recommendations I booked with Michael at Executive VIP Limo, but can't figure out what time to give him for pickup. Thanks in advance!

In my opinion it depends on what zone you have to disembark. We were 17 and didn't rush but waited for our one to be called. This gave us time to wake up, get ready, head to breakfast in the MDR - with our luggage - finish breakfast and then easily walk off the ship approx 9:20 AM.. We had a renta car shuttle so they continued to come and pick people up so we didn't have to specify a time but to be safe you might say 10 AM - 10:30 AM

Coming off the Carnival Dream, what time do you ask the limo company to pick you up? We don't have an early flight out; in fact, we don't fly out until the next day and are not in a big hurry to get off the ship. Thanks to this thread and all your recommendations I booked with Michael at Executive VIP Limo, but can't figure out what time to give him for pickup. Thanks in advance!

Michael and Executive vip limo are very good and have vehicles

waiting by the ships. You can call them once you clear customs

or once you get off of the ship. Your vehicle will be there in

5 minutes.

this is new information that you may find helpful

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Cocoa Beach Taxi

Hi Shirley, I wanted to let you know that everyday here at Cocoa Beach Taxi we are letting the customer decide the fare between Cocoa Beach, Port Canaveral & Merritt Island. We did it one day and had a good response so it will be everyday all day.

3 hours

Michael and Executive vip limo are very good and have vehicles

waiting by the ships. You can call them once you clear customs

or once you get off of the ship. Your vehicle will be there in

5 minutes.

Michael just got one of the the prettiest black limo stocked to the top with goodies and he is just one super young man - I guess my deepest respect is that he takes such good care of his mom and mom in law and to top it all - a true local that knows the area as well as he does

We’ve had so many good restaurant recommendations - THANKS TO THESE BOARDS, and have enjoyed lots of good meals from seafood to Cuban fare.

This time, for our upcoming Monarch sailing (this week:)) , we think we’d like some local Italian – you know - a small place with some good pasta or even pizza. (Alcohol sales are also a must). No chains please

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

[quote name='cruisegirl1']We’ve had so many good restaurant recommendations - THANKS TO THESE BOARDS, and have enjoyed lots of good meals from seafood to Cuban fare.

This time, for our upcoming Monarch sailing (this week:)) , we think we’d like some local Italian – you know - a small place with some good pasta or even pizza. (Alcohol sales are also a must). No chains please

What do you recommend?
Thanks
Marci[/QUOTE]

You got to try Brando's in Cocoa Beach - the food is outstanding and so is the atmosphere. Here is the information

BRANO'S ITALIAN GRILL
Excellent Italian food.
The owner Brano Kunik is also the chef.
They are located at 3680 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach
Phone number is 321-783-6031 –
and yes they have a full liquor license and nope they are not a chain.

The GM is Erin and she is a great young lady that will answer any questions etc for you also If you mention this board, she will make sure you will get a nice treat at no charge. Edited by snelsonbrown

[quote name='Mr and Mrs C']I am looking at booking La Quinta Inn, in Cocoa Beach, and leaving our vehicle there for the week, is this a safe place to leave it while on the cruise? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Without one doubt - they are very conscience about their guest welfare, safety and enjoyment
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by snelsonbrown

[quote name='Mr and Mrs C']I am looking at booking La Quinta Inn, in Cocoa Beach, and leaving our vehicle there for the week, is this a safe place to leave it while on the cruise? Thanks![/quote]

Our friends used their park and cruise deal last year and didn't have any issues with the car. However, they were less than pleased about the overall condition of the room. Old furniture and mattresses, clean but not overly so, etc. They have said if they decide to drive for our cruise this October, that they will likely stay somewhere else, even if it means a few extra dollars. In fact,they are considering Pricelining a room and then using the car park that Shirley has checked out. The total will likely be less than staying at La Quinta.

[quote name='Thestapels']. In 20 days we will be staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Cocoa Beach. We wanted to be closer to the beach this time.

Enjoy your stay.[/quote]

we are staying there in December, looking forward to hearing about your stay--PLEASE let us know!!
ENJOY:)

[quote name='Clay Clayton']Our friends used their park and cruise deal last year and didn't have any issues with the car. However, they were less than pleased about the overall condition of the room. Old furniture and mattresses, clean but not overly so, etc. They have said if they decide to drive for our cruise this October, that they will likely stay somewhere else, even if it means a few extra dollars. In fact,they are considering Pricelining a room and then using the car park that Shirley has checked out. The total will likely be less than staying at La Quinta.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your friends Clay. Stayed there last September and wasn't too impressed. Will be in CB this Oct but am having a hard time finding a NICE hotel on the beach with a BALCONY. Might have to rethink plans and stay in Orlando.

[quote=we're sailing away....;30221154]Any new parking places?[/quote]

There's a new Park and Cruise very close to the port that only charges $6.99 per day. They run a shuttle to and from the port.

Haven't used them myself, but they have been getting some good reviews.

Shirley and Prestion have the info somewhere on this thread....

[QUOTE=we're sailing away....;30221154]Any new parking places?[/QUOTE]

OK another opened up last week and it is by Beach Line Shuttle - this one is located less than 2 miles from the port - you also can do a search and find more - Radisson has the parking as well as Park and Cruise.
Good luck with ever you decide on:)

[url]http://www.portcanaveralandcruiseshipparking.com/[/url]

[quote name='snelsonbrown']OK another opened up last week and it is by Beach Line Shuttle - this one is located less than 2 miles from the port - you also can do a search and find more - Radisson has the parking as well as Park and Cruise.
Good luck with ever you decide on:)

[URL]http://www.portcanaveralandcruiseshipparking.com/[/URL][/quote]
Thanks for the info

[quote name='Racefan9']We are trying to decide between these two as we have some Marriott points. Are they close to one another? It looks like we can walk to Ron Jons from Courtyard....true for Residence also?

Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

Good morning Racefan9
If you stay at the Marriott Courtyard, you are close to Ron Jon, CB Surf Shop, shopping, Dinosaur Shop, restaurants etc - everything is just about walking distance without no problem

Residence Inn, unless you are a long distance walker, you will need a ride which can be the local bus - if you check just above my name below, you will a lot of answers
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if I could get some help or recommendations. We got a great rate at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral and the rate did not include cruise parking. Would it be better to pay the $30 per vehicle (2 vans) and then pay additional monies for 3 people to ride shuttle from hotel to the port ($8 each) or would it be better to use one of the off site park n cruise lots? If you think a park and cruise lot, do you have a list? Is there one you can recommend over the other? Is the parking secure?