The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hi folks....we have the La Quinta Inn on N.Atlantic Ave booked in May for a quick stay with the kids before the cruise. It looks decent....any comments?

There asre 2 La Quintas. If this is the one one the road, rather than the beach, we stayed there about 2 years ago. It was not extraordinary, but certainly better than some of the other older properties. It is basically an older 2 story ( room entrance on the outside) beach motel. I recall the price was right ( likely why we booked) and I do recall that that there was a basic or better than basic breakfast. We have not returned but that is probably because we’ve been able to catch other deals ( some using points) at other properties.

If the price is good - take it

enjoiy

Edited by cruisegirl1

Hi Preston,

I read your thread 2 years ago but I did not have any questions. My friend and I will be in Port C Late June and we would like to do an airboat ride. Which company do you suggest to do this on our own, or should we book thru ncl? Thanks for the info, Laurie

Edited by Kaboochi
Mesed up posters name

Hubby & I are staying 2 nights at Ron Jon's Cape Carib and would like to get meals and/or drinks at Grills or Fishlips so we can watch the activity in the port (we aren't going on a cruise just spending time in Orlando) are these places close enough to walk from Ron Jons or is there public transportation or should we rent a car? Thanks! :D

Hubby & I are staying 2 nights at Ron Jon's Cape Carib and would like to get meals and/or drinks at Grills or Fishlips so we can watch the activity in the port (we aren't going on a cruise just spending time in Orlando) are these places close enough to walk from Ron Jons or is there public transportation or should we rent a car? Thanks! :D

Hi Perki, Definitely rent a car, it's a good 40+ miles from Orlando to Cape Canaveral and between 4 - 5 miles between Ron Jon's and Grills or Fishlips. Suggest picking a Sat or Sunday as multiple ships are sailing.

Claudia and Sunshine101. There are 2 LaQuinta's in Coco Beach. Go for the one on the beach. We stayed there last January. We were on one of the top floors. Nice clean room with full Ocean view. Great for watching the sun come up. Easy beach access and to Cocoa Beach pier. All the Hotel staff was excellent. Great free breakfast too. Several nice restaurants in walking distance. We ate at a Boston Seafood place a short walk from the hotel it had excellent food. I received a much better rate calling the Hotel direct rather than their online rate. We stayed there based on postings on this thread and were very happy.

Where can I find an internet cafe near the Port Canaveral pier?

Many thanks!

Not sure about one near the port but you can find one at the mall where the crew seems to go.

Take the shuttle from the port that goes to the mall and you will see the cafe outside near Ruby Tuesday

It is fine, clean, pleasant, close to the port. Have stayed there twice - both times through Priceline as we didn't need the cruise parking. Only complaint we had was in 2010, the breakfast room was caos. This past October they seemed to have worked out whatever the kinks were that made it so disorganized before.

It is fine, clean, pleasant, close to the port. Have stayed there twice - both times through Priceline as we didn't need the cruise parking. Only complaint we had was in 2010, the breakfast room was caos. This past October they seemed to have worked out whatever the kinks were that made it so disorganized before.

Thanks, Clay. I appreciate the feedback.

How about the following hotel? Looks good in photos....

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, FL

9009 Astronaut Blvd

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

I've stayed there twice too!! I didn't book through priceline though. It is a nice clean hotel. We did the park and cruise and both times they were very quick picking us up from the port. No problems!

How about the following hotel? Looks good in photos....

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral, FL

9009 Astronaut Blvd

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Have stayed there twice. Most recent was in December for FOS cruise. Highly recommend this hotel. Clean, comfortable and great staff. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance for dinner and the included continental breakfast has more than just your typical fruit and bagels.

Looking at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach & the Courtyard Cocoa beach, as they both offer fly snooze & cruise packages, anyone had experience with either hotel? Also looking at Embassy Suites Hotel about a mile from the airport, but wondering which shuttle service to use to get from there to the port, then back to the airport. Still doing homework as you can tell, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi. Coming in August the day before cruise. Using our Hilton points and trying to decide which hotel -- there are 3 that I beleive are near the cruise terminal -- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach, Double Tree Cocoa Beach & Hilton Cocoa Beach. Have 2 kids and if weather is good, would like to use beach. Anyone know anything about any of these? Anyone recommend one over the other?

Thanks!

Have the love bug swarms started yet in the Port Canaveral area? We are driving down on Saturday and cruising on Sunday.

Also is there a car wash/gas station with car wash near the Marriott Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral?

Thanks

Have the love bug swarms started yet in the Port Canaveral area? We are driving down on Saturday and cruising on Sunday.

Also is there a car wash/gas station with car wash near the Marriott Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral?

Thanks

Well I know about a couple of hundred won't be there for their bodies were all over the backyard where I got rid of them... Nope haven't run into any serious issues yet - as for a car wash, there is one about 2 to 3 blocks South of the RI called Octopus Car Wash and they are great...Now if you want all the cleaning to be done by someone else, that would be on HWY 520 about 500 yards west of the Dinosaur Store. Norm goes to Octopus all the time and swears on them.

Just a thought

I just found a really good deal on the Holiday Inn Express for $129.00 plus tax and it includes parking for the length of the cruise and a shuttle for 2 to the port. I didn't find many reviews on this hotel...do you know anything about it? I think that with my cruise and park being $5.95 a night plus tax and it is a 7 day cruise.....I probably couldn't find a hotel and then pay the parking as cheap as the Holiday Inn Express.

Well I know about a couple of hundred won't be there for their bodies were all over the backyard where I got rid of them... Nope haven't run into any serious issues yet - as for a car wash, there is one about 2 to 3 blocks South of the RI called Octopus Car Wash and they are great...Now if you want all the cleaning to be done by someone else, that would be on HWY 520 about 500 yards west of the Dinosaur Store. Norm goes to Octopus all the time and swears on them.

Just a thought

Thanks Shirley.

Greetings Port Canaveral cruisers! I've had a lot of fun perusing this thread, but I had a question that I hope you could answer quickly:

My friends and I will be stopping in Port Canaveral on our cruise in a few months. We're three young women on a budget, so we're looking for fun that is as cost effective as possible. With that in mind, I was thinking we would go to Jetty Park, it's free since we'll be walking in and we love the beach, we're happy to just lay out in the sun and hop in the water from time to time.

Question though: how much would a taxi from the cruise terminal (we'll be on Carnival) to the park be? I understand it's very close to the Port but you cannot walk there. So we'd get off the ship and catch a cab. I'm a little worried that given the short distance, it might be hard to get one of the cabs to take us or to pick us up, but I'm willing to try multiple cabbies until we get one (I travel by cab a lot, living in the city). But what about getting back? Is the best thing to do to arrange with our driver or get his number and have him come and get us? If we walk to the road from the beach, will we be able to hail one?

Finally (many questions, I know, sorry!), is there a store near the entrance of the park (where I assume the cab will drop us off) where we could buy drinks or snacks for the day?

Also, I could be totally in the wrong premise from the start, would it be cheaper/easier to just go to Cocoa Beach? Any other inexpensive fun suggestions?

Thank you all so much for your kind guidance and time.

Does anyone know of an easy way to locate RCCL agent at this port to get a wheel chair hopefully close to where we drop off baggage? We have notified RCCL that wheel chair assistance will be needed for getting on and off of the cruise ship. In past experience this a has been a challenge.

Kimberly