The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

we have stayed at both country inn and the radisson and used the shuttle, we found country inn to be very organized, you signed up for a certain time and departed on time. The radisson was completely disorganized with people pushing we were over an hour later than our assigned time both times we stayed there.

Clochette, Obviously you haven't been to the Radisson for some time as they are very organized (your correct that it used to be a free for all even though shuttle times were assigned), now with drive in cruise parking in conjunction with the Radisson there is very little wait (I counted 18 mini buses available). And pickup for the return is very quick and efficient.

Clochette, Obviously you haven't been to the Radisson for some time as they are very organized (your correct that it used to be a free for all even though shuttle times were assigned), now with drive in cruise parking in conjunction with the Radisson there is very little wait (I counted 18 mini buses available). And pickup for the return is very quick and efficient.

I am glad to hear that, you are right it has been 2 years since we stayed there, I might be willing to give them a try again.

We have stayed at the Radisson in the past and are staying there again in October. This will be our first time to stay since they started allowing non-hotel guest parking, so I was a little worried.

This makes me feel much better!!!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

• 3 weeks later...
I am sure it is on here but unsure where to begin looking......what are the transportation shuttle companies that pick up at Port Canaveral and return to Orlando International Airport

Many, might I suggest you Google search "Shuttles" Port Canaveral.

I was getting a headache looking for an answer to my questions. I'll just ask it again I'm sure. :)

What is the best hotel to stay at?

Is it easier to use a hotel shuttle to the port or to call a cab or to drive to a pay and park?

Port Canaveral, Freedom, December

We prefer a hotel, on or just a block from the beaches in Cocoa Beach. We find the extra 5 minute drive to the port is worth the beach view and access to us.

Many of the national chains are there. Hilton, Hampton, Courtyard, Doubletree, Sheraton etc.

Regarding parking –

Recently we used either the hotel park package, or we park at the offsite Park N Cruse lot. It has been a while since we parked “AT” the port. Parking at the port will run $120 for the week. (They figure it as 8 days times $15 per day. Off site will run about $6 per day or $48 for the week.

Good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anywhere that we can rent a portable wheelchair for a 3-day cruise. My MIL has a transport chair that she normally brings, but it would be nice to not have to cram it in the trunk for our DD's wedding cruise.

Thanks.

There is a post somewhere on this thread with pages and pages of useful Port Canaveral info. I cut and pasted some of it to a file and here is some Medical Equipment info. Perhaps one of the locals who frequent this thread can further assist.

M

EMERGENCY MEDICAL EQUIPMENT

Brevard Medical Equipment (will deliver and pick up all types of medical equipment needed including wheelchairs, Oxygen etc to all cruise ships 119 North Banana River Blvd Merritt Island, Fla 321-453-3370 http://www.brevardmedicalequip.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I seem to have our hotel choices narrowed down to three and am looking for a bit more help before booking. Leaving on FOS December 30, 2012. Traveling is myself, DH, DS 12 and DD 9. Need a hotel room with 3 sleeping spaces as we don't sleep our kids together. So, most likely 2 queens and a sleeper sofa or rollaway. We will not have a car so need a hotel close to dining options and possibly a Walgreens, grocery store type for last minute items we might want. Considering Hilton on N. Atlantic (good rate, have to pay for breakfast, shuttle to port); Hampton Inn also on N. Atlantic (good rate, free breakfast, shuttle to port); La Quinta on Hendry (most expensive due to no rollaways, have to get bigger room, free breakfast and shuttle to port).

Any advice would be appreciated as I have spent much more time that I wanted trying to make this decision.

This is closest to the port and has a great shuttle and good price. Be aware, though, that they do not change comforter covers between guests. Mine had long hairs on that were not mine and I saw the maids in hallway did not have any fresh (red) comforter covers. So take it off the comforter or ask immediately for a replacement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='hlb76']anyone know if Alamo, national, budget or dollar charge for one way rentals? And do they offer shuttles to the port after dropping the car off.[/QUOTE]

They all offer shuttles and normally no one way charge but you need to check to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...
We are on FOS this Sunday. Staying at Radisson Inn with a Budget rental car. Is it better to have DH return the car Sunday morning and come back to the hotel and all of us ride the hotel shuttle or easier if we all return the car and take Budget shuttle to the port? On return, what is easiest way to get to Melboure airport from the port? Called Melbourne Airport Express, unfriendly phone person and quoted $79.00 for four people... is this reasonable? Thanks for any direction! We are getting excited!!!

[quote name='5280mom']We are on FOS this Sunday. Staying at Radisson Inn with a Budget rental car. Is it better to have DH return the car Sunday morning and come back to the hotel and all of us ride the hotel shuttle or easier if we all return the car and take Budget shuttle to the port? On return, what is easiest way to get to Melboure airport from the port? Called Melbourne Airport Express, unfriendly phone person and quoted $79.00 for four people... is this reasonable? Thanks for any direction! We are getting excited!!![/quote]
Check with Raddison as I think they now offer shuttle service to Melbourne and Orlando airports. As for departure day I would take Raddison shuttle to the ship also.