Cruise documents question

blk1964

OK, today in regular mail I got a paper copy of my "Confirmation-Guest Copy" It still has me in the Cat 4 room with the white wall verandah. I changed that, probably ten days ago? I also got by FedEx a little bubble mail envelope that had luggage tags in it, also with the old stateroom number. When I got the confirmation, I called and spoke to my new best friend and BEST DCL rep there is, Cherise, and she said "yep, you are all set, stateroom xxxx, deck 7, Cat 5 etc" She said whatever is online on the website and in their computer is the most up to date, its live. My question is, will I receive NEW luggage tags,or should I just deal with that at the port? I dont want my checked bags to get carried to the wrong room.

Oh, and really, the rep at DCL, Cherise, Ive talked to her like three times now, and I swear shes the best there is.

I guess you will have to talk to the rep to see if new tags are being sent. However, you could likely use some stick on label with the new cabin number and stick it over the incorrect number. I might even be tempted to put that number somewhere else on the tags, and might even put on the other sticker that the cabin has been changed to ____.

As an additional note, they don't put the luggage in the cabin, they drop it outside the door, so if it isn't at your cabin, you can check outside the other cabin for it.

Have a good time.

Steve, that makes really good sense. Ive seen trip reports where cruisers forgot their luggage tags and just had some reprinted at the port, so thats plan B, but I think Im going to call tomorrow and ask them to please send out updated tags. Again, one less thing to deal with at the port. And I guess thats the term to use "security" Ill just let them know I dont want any discrepancy between what the bag says and what my cabin actually IS to cause any security issues.

Today I called about the tags and the rep on the phone said "oh just cross out the bar code and room number and put your own room number on it, no problem" OK...well, whatever. But then in todays mail came a new set of tags with the CORRECT number on them, so problem solved!

YOu said that you received your cruise documents in the mail...did that include the ones we filled out online? Do we print those off ourselves?

You print the online forms yourself although some of the info you may have entered (e.g., flights) may appear in the documents you receive. What you need to print and sign is the cruise contract acknowlegment and the charge account form. What you'll receive includes confirmation of the itinerary, stateroom, luggage tags, and transfer vouchers if purchased.

Booked a category 12 guaranty cabin for the Wonder for my 16 yr old son and me for a cruise 2 weeks away. Just saw on the website that we've been upgraded to a category 9 (Yes!!!). Will I get docs and luggage tags in the mail since I booked so close to the time of the cruise? I already did all the on-line forms.

Thanks to anyone who cares to respond!

Booked a category 12 guaranty cabin for the Wonder for my 16 yr old son and me for a cruise 2 weeks away. Just saw on the website that we've been upgraded to a category 9 (Yes!!!). Will I get docs and luggage tags in the mail since I booked so close to the time of the cruise? I already did all the on-line forms.

Thanks to anyone who cares to respond!

I care!

You'll get docs overnighted directly to you if booked directly with DCL, overnight to your TA if you booked that way.

You print the online forms yourself although some of the info you may have entered (e.g., flights) may appear in the documents you receive. What you need to print and sign is the cruise contract acknowlegment and the charge account form. What you'll receive includes confirmation of the itinerary, stateroom, luggage tags, and transfer vouchers if purchased.

Yeah -- forgot to print and bring those online docs for our 11/09 cruise....oops! Luckily, you can fill out paper copies at the port! I DID remember the actual cruise docs in the little booklet, though. :o

In my case, I paid for category 12 guaranty (that means there were no category 12 rooms available at time of booking, but I am guaranteed to get a cabin in that class or better). When I got a room assignment, it was in category 9. The truth is, in my situation, the category 9 room assigned to me has mediocre reviews from other travelers (noise issues), so I think it's quite likely that they keep some of the less desirable cabins in each category for use as upgrades. Makes sense, I guess.

Archived