Navigator Diamond Lounge

vbayly

I am going on the NOS in 10 days and I was wondering if anyone has been on recently and went to the Diamond "Event" in the evenings. This is my first cruise since they took away the concierge lounge and I was wondering how the new Diamond lounge is.

Thanks!

Vicki

When we cruised in early December, the Diamond nightly event was up in the Viking Crown Lounge. It was never crowded (although we usually did specialty dining and would often go between 6:30-7:30 while people were gone at the first seating). There we no appetizers, but the wine selection was decent and they also served champagne. There is a dedicated section of the bar seating for diamond members only, but they are not strict about having other friends with you (they must buy their own drinks). Enjoy it!

the wine selection was decent

I'm guessing you mean that there were 3 or 4 varietals (chardonnay, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and a sparkling) to choose from.

I've never seen any selection in the Concierge Lounge, much less at a Diamond event. It's all La Terre, which sets them back about $2.50 a bottle.

I'm not complaining .. it's not vinegar, and it will make your head wiggly if you drink enough.

I'm guessing you mean that there were 3 or 4 varietals (chardonnay, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and a sparkling) to choose from.

I've never seen any selection in the Concierge Lounge, much less at a Diamond event. It's all La Terre, which sets them back about $2.50 a bottle.

I'm not complaining .. it's not vinegar, and it will make your head wiggly if you drink enough.

My wife and I have fairly basic tastes when it comes to wine...we rarely spend more than $10 on a bottle of wine in the stores, so it seemed alright to us! That being said, I agree that I've had much better glasses of wine. If I recall, they had 2-3 whites but only 1 red wine...that was a bummer! It's hard for me to complain though, as we figured we probably saved over $100 by each drinking 2 free glasses each night before dinner. The server (same guy each night) was great, as he always filled our glasses to the top before we left. That would last us straight through dinner!

Archived