Cruise went down 2/28/10

knpops

I didn't know it was rare,, on all three cruises I have taken with them,, prices have gone down,, and we have upgraded for same price or gotten OBC. On our upcoming Mexican Riveria Cruise March 6th,, prices dropped in some categories, so I went from inside to outside AND got 46 dollars refunded to credit card( my ta said they no longer do OBC for price changes) ,, then I thought what the heck,, and upgraded myself to a balcony( cat. BD) ,, all for less then 800 per person, Canadian,, which I think is a pretty good deal. They are offering balcony guarantees for 688 canadian though,, great price if you don't mind location of cabin!

The RCCL Mariner is doing same route, but one day later, and we had looked at it a few months ago,, prices were about same as Princess, now their prices have gone up... and are even higher then what Princesses were

Moral of story,, always do your homework,, my ta did NOT catch the price change, I did. ( and thats ok,, since she does have many clients and many things to keep track off, I had only my own trip and my own wallet!

I think its nice to post if you see a drop in prices on your cruise,, it helps newbies who don't know to check, or to ask their ta or the cruiseline to see if price can be adjusted. It does vary from line to line.

I didn't know it was rare,, on all three cruises I have taken with them,, prices have gone down,, and we have upgraded for same price or gotten OBC. On our upcoming Mexican Riveria Cruise March 6th,, prices dropped in some categories, so I went from inside to outside AND got 46 dollars refunded to credit card( my ta said they no longer do OBC for price changes) ,, then I thought what the heck,, and upgraded myself to a balcony( cat. BD) ,, all for less then 800 per person, Canadian,, which I think is a pretty good deal. They are offering balcony guarantees for 688 canadian though,, great price if you don't mind location of cabin!

The RCCL Mariner is doing same route, but one day later, and we had looked at it a few months ago,, prices were about same as Princess, now their prices have gone up... and are even higher then what Princesses were

Moral of story,, always do your homework,, my ta did NOT catch the price change, I did. ( and thats ok,, since she does have many clients and many things to keep track off, I had only my own trip and my own wallet!

I think its nice to post if you see a drop in prices on your cruise,, it helps newbies who don't know to check, or to ask their ta or the cruiseline to see if price can be adjusted. It does vary from line to line.

Don't ever expect your TA to keep track of pricing. Not going to happen. When prices go down so does their commission. You must be diligent and proactive, because there's nobody else who cares about your booking the same way you do.

Don't ever expect your TA to keep track of pricing. Not going to happen. When prices go down so does their commission. You must be diligent and proactive, because there's nobody else who cares about your booking the same way you do.

Yep.....I check every day. :)

I have saved about $1500 over the last few years by checking.

Hello, We will be on the Crown Feb 13th. I booked the cruise March of 2009 as it is school vacation week. We like the Caribe BA midship cabins so I always book early. I have been checking cabin availability on the Princess site from time to time and Caribe BA cabins have always shown as waitlisted. I checked again last week and there were 7 BA cabins available $350.00 cheaper than what I paid. I have been reading Cruise Critic for years and have read about people in this same situation. So I figured what the heck they can only say no. I called my TA amd left her a message. She called me back the next day and said that we will be getting a 700.00 refund. She said it would come as a check in 6-8 weeks. She was shocked as she said she has never heard of Princess giving the price difference after final payment has been made. It has sure paid off reading posts here over the years, for watching the fares and for making the call to TA. This will be our 7th cruise with Princess and out 3rd time on the Crown.

Marianne

Hello, We will be on the Crown Feb 13th. I booked the cruise March of 2009 as it is school vacation week. We like the Caribe BA midship cabins so I always book early. I have been checking cabin availability on the Princess site from time to time and Caribe BA cabins have always shown as waitlisted. I checked again last week and there were 7 BA cabins available $350.00 cheaper than what I paid. I have been reading Cruise Critic for years and have read about people in this same situation. So I figured what the heck they can only say no. I called my TA amd left her a message. She called me back the next day and said that we will be getting a 700.00 refund. She said it would come as a check in 6-8 weeks. She was shocked as she said she has never heard of Princess giving the price difference after final payment has been made. It has sure paid off reading posts here over the years, for watching the fares and for making the call to TA. This will be our 7th cruise with Princess and out 3rd time on the Crown.

Marianne

Now that was a nice little bonus!! Lucky(and smart) you!

I checked again last week and there were 7 BA cabins available $350.00 cheaper than what I paid....price difference after final payment has been made. It has sure paid off reading posts here over the years, for watching the fares and for making the call to TA.

If you saw the lower price on the Princess site, then this was not an offer restricted to new bookings only and would thus qualify for the refund.

If you saw the offer from a TA web site and the TA had that price because it was a "flash" sale for new bookings only, then it would be unusual for you to get a refund.

The way I found the price was I logged into the site and was going thru my itinarary and just decided to check the same cruise and there it was 799 balcony then I checked my catagory and 150 savings. He said the price drop was to fill the ship and by no means do they want to discourage early booking so they refunded the card of purchase:)

The way I found the price was I logged into the site and was going thru my itinarary and just decided to check the same cruise and there it was 799 balcony then I checked my catagory and 150 savings. He said the price drop was to fill the ship and by no means do they want to discourage early booking so they refunded the card of purchase:)

I just checked and the only balconies without a waitlist are BA. They are going for $1,149, which is $50 more than I paid three weeks ago. Do the prices move around this much?

Archived