Is It to Late?

lorri

My husband and I want to take an Alasken Cruise in June. It is now January. Is it really to late to book a good cruise with lots of good land excurisions. we are celebrating a big anniversary this summer but would it be better to plan on a cruise next summer?

thanks,

Lorri

Lorri, there is no time like the present. Tomorrow is not promised to us. I hope you decide to celebrate your big anniversary THIS YEAR! On a Ship, of course!

By the way, now is actually a good time to book because Travel Agencies had to release and return to the Cruise Lines any and all unbooked cabins that they were holding in their GROUP departments this month for June cruises. Now the Cruise Lines have more inventory that they have to sell fast. Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas has been marked down 50% or more if you are a Crown & Anchor member. Go for it!

Realistically, you have to book at least 72 Hours because of goverment regulations. Otherwise, it's pretty open.

Typically your best rates and selection will be when bookings open up about 1 year-18 months out, but you can often find good rates at any point in the process. Often around 60-90 days out there will be some deals arising if a larger than expected number of people cancel.

Remember, the lines offer both cruises and cruisetours (land bundled) - but you are by no means obliged to buy the land package or air from the cruise line. I would advise flying in the day before If you do the flight arrangements yourself.

Archived