Beach Snorkeling: Aruba and Grenada

morecruise4me

We are looking at Grande Anse Beach in Grenada and Palm Beach in Aruba. Can we find good snorkeling from the beach here? We really don't want to do a tour if we can snorkel from the beach.

thanks.

You can find good snorkeling from the beach in Aruba. Check out Shorediving.com On Aruba these sites will work for snorkeling. But not sure why you are referencing Palm Beach in Aruba. I don't think that is where the cruise ships stop. And at Palm Beach there is nothing to see snorkeling.

Pleas elaborate and I will try to help.

In Aruba I suggest heading North instead of South to Baby Beach. Baby Beach is a long 45 min drive for a very tired cove with overfeed fish. A 10 min cab ride north will get you to Alrahi or Malmok Beach. These are both easy shore dives with very healthy reef system.

In Aruba I suggest heading North instead of South to Baby Beach. Baby Beach is a long 45 min drive for a very tired cove with overfeed fish. A 10 min cab ride north will get you to Alrahi or Malmok Beach. These are both easy shore dives with very healthy reef system.

How do they compare to Boca Catalina. I know they are all up Noth and reachable by bus.

Did do it yourself snorkel on Molmok beach using local bus from port. Nice beach, snorkeling OK. while there a tour boat pulled up near me. Felt smug because my tour cost $1.60 US.Molmok is N of Palm beach at end of island.

Aruba - We found pretty decent snorkeling right near the lighthouse (which I believe is the North end of the island). We took an excursion there but found that we were snorkeling right off shore near the lighthouse. Next time we will just go there on our own. Not a whole lot of coral but lots of marine life, we saw lots of fish, squid and even an octopus all in fairly shallow water. We really enjoyed our time there.

Grenada - we booked the 1/2 day snorkel with Native Sun to the underwater sculpture park and 2 other sites. I posted a review and some pics of this in the Grenada board (some pics of snorkeling in Aruba too). Grand Anse beach is a nice beach but I don't think you will find anything to see if you want to snorkel - the bottom looked pretty sandy. From our tour of the island by water most of the coastline is rocky so I think you will need to book a tour to find decent snorkeling there. Beautiful little island though!

Archived